• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
Spoiler:
Ok I though I knew what caused this error but apprantly not. Dose anyone have a clue what this is cause I don't. it occours when ever an opponent switch to its next pokemon. Mostly in multi battle but has now become preverlent in signle battles.

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
Years
Hey guys! So I've been having some problems with the Ally Sprites, and I'm pretty sure it's because I am not using the Gen 6 Animated sprites given in the game.
According to the editor, everything should be appearing as normal like this:
c3Hue7.png

However, when I'm in game, I am getting this:
https://imageshack.com/i/f0SimBDmp

I was wondering as to why this is happening, and where in the scripts I can revert it back to where it used the static sprites. At the moment I am not really using the Gen 6 Pokemon, and don't see a need for the animated sprites.
Any help is greatly appreciated; Thank you!

Last edited:
Years
When I start up Game.exe I get this error message:

Script 'BitmapCache' line 393: RuntimeError occurred.

Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Titles/gen6_bg

I haven't changed anything except for replacing the files with the ones in the download. Did I do something wrong? It's a start-from-scratch version of RPG Maker Xp 15.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
when NPC trainer's pokemon use Infestation move, it's have this error. how to fix it? thanks
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5476:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:3430:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3429:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3429:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3671:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3670:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3670:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:3086:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:3057:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3057:in `pbAttackPhase'
"isFainted?" is a function defined in the Battler class. What's probably happened is you tried to call it for an object of a different class.

Years
Hi,
I'm having an issue with the MOODY ability where it says this error:

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Battle:4049:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:4047:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:4047:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:3998:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3998:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2791:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2790:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:2790:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2774:in `loop'

The Script Section which corresponds is..
Code:
# Moody
      if i.hasWorkingAbility(:MOODY)
        PBDebug.log("[#{i.pbThis}'s Moody triggered]")
        randomup=[]; randomdown=[]
        for i in [PBStats::ATTACK,PBStats::DEFENSE,PBStats::SPEED,PBStats::SPATK,
                  PBStats::SPDEF,PBStats::ACCURACY,PBStats::EVASION]
          randomup.push(i) if !i.pbTooHigh?(i)
          randomdown.push(i) if !i.pbTooLow?(i)
        end
    statnames=[_INTL("Attack"),_INTL("Defense"),_INTL("Speed"),_INTL("Special Attack"),
                   _INTL("Special Defense"),_INTL("accuracy"),_INTL("evasiveness")]
        if randomup.length>0
          r=self.pbRandom(randomup.length)
          i.pbIncreaseStatBasic(randomup[r],2)
          pbDisplayEffect(i)
          pbCommonAnimation("StatUp",i,nil)
          if EFFECTMESSAGES
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} rose sharply!",i.pbThis,statnames[randomup[r]-1]))
          else
            pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Moody sharply raised its {2}!",i.pbThis,statnames[randomup[r]-1]))
          end
        end
        if randomdown.length>0
          r=self.pbRandom(randomdown.length)
          i.pbReduceStatBasic(randomdown[r],1)
          pbCommonAnimation("StatDown",i,nil)
          if EFFECTMESSAGES
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} fell!",i.pbThis,statnames[randomdown[r]-1]))
          else
            pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Moody lowered its {2}!",i.pbThis,statnames[randomdown[r]-1]))
          end
        end
      end
    end
    for i in priority
      next if i.isFainted?
Thanks in advance!

Years
Hello everyone, I found a bug in double battles that happens when the pokemon of a partner trainer faints.
It says no method error for " .ability " in pbSwitch and in the code it is this thing

if isConst?(@party2[newenemy].ability,PBAbilities,:ILLUSION) #ILLUSION ( line 1551 of Pokebattle_battle)

I've tried a bunch of things to fix it but nothing worked. By the way, it does not crash or anything. What happens is that the partner doesn't send out anything.

Also there's this a few lines below ,wich is the code for when the player sends out an Illusion pokemon, and that works perfect.

if isConst?(party[newpoke].ability,PBAbilities,:ILLUSION) #ILLUSION

(I'm using everything from latest versions v15.1+Gen 6 add ons+ patches of the add ons)

Years
I've been playing around with this a bit and I've found that the ability aftermath does damage every turn, not only the turn that the opponent faints. The fix seems simple enough (I'm pretty sure I didn't screw anything up :P)

In PokeBattle_Battler I added the red.
Code:
if target.hasWorkingAbility(:AFTERMATH,true) && !user.isFainted? [COLOR=Red]&& target.isFainted?[/COLOR]
Also kecleon didn't have a hidden ability defined. I haven't gone through to see if any others were missing yet.

And finally I'd like to second Sir_Tman's question about double battles when you have a partner. The bit of code causing the error has to do with Illusion. I managed to bypass the error by adding the lines in green, but it doesn't actually fix the problem itself, so is someone could come up with something better that'd be great.

Code:
      if !pbOwnedByPlayer?(index)
        if !pbIsOpposing?(index) || (@opponent && pbIsOpposing?(index))
          newenemy=pbSwitchInBetween(index,false,false)
          [COLOR=SeaGreen]if pbIsOpposing?(index) #Temp Edit[/COLOR]
          if isConst?(@party2[newenemy].ability,PBAbilities,:ILLUSION) #ILLUSION
            [email protected]_all {|item| item && !item.egg? && item.hp>0 }
            if party3[@party2.length-1] != @party2[newenemy]
              illusionpoke = party3[party3.length-1]
            end
          end #ILLUSION
          newname = illusionpoke != nil ? illusionpoke.name : @party2[newenemy].name #ILLUSION
          [COLOR=SeaGreen]end #Temp Edit[/COLOR]
          opponent=pbGetOwner(index)

I confirm this gets rid of the error message and the partner sends out the pokemon but I don't think it solves the actual problem
also , anyone knows if there's something like a form offset X or something like that? I'm using 5th gen sprites and a lot of the megas get half cut off.
it's like they are limited to 160 pixels orizontally. (happpens only with forms , base sprites are fine )

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 21, 2019
hey i was posting a few pages earlier that forecast had the problem of showing it changed your form multiple times per turn even if it didnt change anything.
this is easily fixed. im not gonna post my whole forecast script here as ive added a lot of things .

you just have to find "forecast" in pokebattle_battler. its normally around line 820 or so (i have heavily edited abilities)
you just have to cut "@battle.pbDisplayEffect(self)" from the end of the script (so delete if from the end of the script) and paste it for every weather like this:

Spoiler:

this can be done for every weather u have added so it only displays a change when it really changes castforms form. pretty easy if somethings wrong just reply.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
I am using the new exp share, that gives all pokemon ex, but when my fighting pokemon is fainted cause it or the enemy uses explosion or stuff, an error appears. (Probably because it cant give the fainted pokemon ex or something)

Code:
  # new exp share
        for j in [email protected]
          next if !@party1[j] || !pbIsOwner?(0,j)
          if @party1[j].hp>0 && !@party1[j].isEgg? && $PokemonGlobal.expAll
            expAll.push(@party1[j])
            receivingExp.push(@party1[j])
          end
        end
        receivingExp.uniq! #remove duplicates
        # Now calculate EXP for the all the pokemon
        if receivingExp.length>0
          if !@opponent && successbegin && pbAllFainted?(@party2)
            @scene.pbWildBattleSuccess
            successbegin=false
          end
          for j in 0...receivingExp.length
            thispoke=@party1[receivingExp[j].partyIndex]
            next if !@party1[receivingExp[j].partyIndex] || !pbIsOwner?(0,receivingExp[j].partyIndex)

ispartic=0
            haveexpshare=(isConst?(thispoke.item,PBItems,:EXPSHARE) ||
                          isConst?(thispoke.itemInitial,PBItems,:EXPSHARE)) ? 1 : 0
            giveExpAll = $PokemonGlobal.expAll
            for k in @battlers[i].participants
              ispartic=1 if k==thispoke.partyIndex
            end
            if thispoke.hp>0 && !thispoke.isEgg?
              exp=0
              if expshare.length>0
                if partic.length==0
                  exp=(level*baseexp).floor
                  exp=(exp/expshare.length).floor*haveexpshare
                else
                  exp=(level*baseexp/2).floor
                  exp=(exp/partic.length).floor*ispartic + (exp/expshare.length).floor*haveexpshare
                end
              elsif ispartic==1
                exp=(level*baseexp/partic.length).floor
              elsif giveExpAll #if not a participant or holding normal exp share, give 1/2 exp
                exp=(level*baseexp/partic.length/2).floor
              end
              exp=(exp*3/2).floor if @opponent
              if USENEWEXPFORMULA   # Use new (Gen 5) Exp. formula
                exp=(exp/5).floor
                leveladjust=(2*level+10.0)/(level+thispoke.level+10.0)
                leveladjust=leveladjust**5
                leveladjust=Math.sqrt(leveladjust)
                exp=(exp*leveladjust).floor
                exp+=1 if ispartic>0 || haveexpshare>0
              else                  # Use old (Gen 1-4) Exp. formula
                exp=(exp/7).floor
              end
              isOutsider=(thispoke.trainerID!=self.pbPlayer.id ||
                 (thispoke.language!=0 && thispoke.language!=self.pbPlayer.language))
              if isOutsider
                if thispoke.language!=0 && thispoke.language!=self.pbPlayer.language
                  exp=(exp*17/10).floor
                else
                  exp=(exp*3/2).floor
                end
              end
              exp=(exp*3/2).floor if isConst?(thispoke.item,PBItems,:LUCKYEGG) ||
                                     isConst?(thispoke.itemInitial,PBItems,:LUCKYEGG)
              growthrate=thispoke.growthrate
              newexp=PBExperience.pbAddExperience(thispoke.exp,exp,growthrate)
              exp=newexp-thispoke.exp
              if exp > 0
                if isOutsider
                  pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} erhält {2} Erfahrungspunkte!",thispoke.name,exp))
                else
                  pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} erhält {2} Erfahrungspunkte!",thispoke.name,exp))
                end
                #Gain effort value points, using RS effort values
                totalev=0
                for k in 0..5
                  totalev+=thispoke.ev[k]
                end

Years
hey i was posting a few pages earlier that forecast had the problem of showing it changed your form multiple times per turn even if it didnt change anything.
this is easily fixed. im not gonna post my whole forecast script here as ive added a lot of things .

you just have to find "forecast" in pokebattle_battler. its normally around line 820 or so (i have heavily edited abilities)
you just have to cut "@battle.pbDisplayEffect(self)" from the end of the script (so delete if from the end of the script) and paste it for every weather like this:

Spoiler:

this can be done for every weather u have added so it only displays a change when it really changes castforms form. pretty easy if somethings wrong just reply.

Better yet, rather than deleting the line and moving it, just add "if transformed" to the end of it. That's what I did.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 21, 2019
Better yet, rather than deleting the line and moving it, just add "if transformed" to the end of it. That's what I did.

no thats way too easy ;) yeah youre right. thats a way more logical version of fixing it especially if u have added more weathers. :)

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
Years
First off awesome pack, I just implemented my game using this pack. Was real easy switching from base essential to Gen 6. Only problem I'm having now is when I go to fight a trainer the pokemI have assigned to the trainer are not working they are randomizing pokemon during trainer battles. I thought it was my randomizer script but I deleted it and when I when to debug screen and into my switches the switch for the randomizer is off. Did you change something in core script for this problem to occur.

Years
First off awesome pack, I just implemented my game using this pack. Was real easy switching from base essential to Gen 6. Only problem I'm having now is when I go to fight a trainer the pokemI have assigned to the trainer are not working they are randomizing pokemon during trainer battles. I thought it was my randomizer script but I deleted it and when I when to debug screen and into my switches the switch for the randomizer is off. Did you change something in core script for this problem to occur.

The Gen VI Pack has one building where the script will randomize trainer pokemon. Maybe your map is where that building used to be. Look for the "random trainers" switch.

ReVaN777

Years
The Gen VI Pack has one building where the script will randomize trainer pokemon. Maybe your map is where that building used to be. Look for the "random trainers" switch.

Thank you for the quick reply. I shall look into it. I had a feeling there was something in the pack that was making that happen. Again thank you very much Rot8er_ConeX

Edit: figured out the problem my switch 59 witch is the random trainer switch for Gen 6 are the same. What script is the switch reading from so I can switch the number to a reserved switch like 37?

Resolved: The switch for Random trainers is in PField_EncounterModifiers

All you would need to do to change the switch for random trainer is to change the red in the code to a different number
Code:
# This is the basis of a trainer modifier.  It works both for trainers loaded
# when you battle them, and for partner trainers when they are registered.
# Note that you can only modify a partner trainer's Pokémon, and not the trainer
# themselves nor their items this way, as those are generated from scratch
# before each battle.
#Events.onTrainerPartyLoad+=proc {|sender,e|
#   if e[0] # Trainer data should exist to be loaded, but may not exist somehow
#     trainer=e[0][0] # A PokeBattle_Trainer object of the loaded trainer
#     items=e[0][1]   # An array of the trainer's items they can use
#     party=e[0][2]   # An array of the trainer's Pokémon
#     YOUR CODE HERE
#   end
#}

Events.onTrainerPartyLoad+=proc {|sender,e|
[COLOR="Red"]  if $game_switches[59][/COLOR]
   if e[0] # Trainer data should exist to be loaded, but may not exist somehow
     trainer=e[0][0] # A PokeBattle_Trainer object of the loaded trainer
     items=e[0][1]   # An array of the trainer's items they can use
     party=e[0][2]   # An array of the trainer's Pokémon
     for poke in party
        poke.species=1+rand(PBSpecies.maxValue)
        poke.level=(pbLevelModifier("max",1)*9/10.floor)+rand(4)-rand(8)
        poke.calcStats
        poke.resetMoves
        poke.species = pbGetBabySpecies(poke.species) # revert to the first evolution
          item = 0
          loop do
            nl = poke.level + 5
            nl = MAXIMUMLEVEL if nl > MAXIMUMLEVEL
            pkmn = PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(poke.species, nl)
            cevo = Kernel.pbCheckEvolution(pkmn)
            evo = pbGetEvolvedFormData(poke.species)
            if evo
              evo = evo[rand(evo.length - 1)]
              # evolve the species if we can't evolve and there is an evolution
              # and a bit of randomness passes as well as the evolution type cannot
              # be by level
              if evo && cevo < 1 && rand(MAXIMUMLEVEL) <= poke.level
                species = evo[2] if evo[0] != 4 && rand(MAXIMUMLEVEL) <= poke.level
              end

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 20, 2015
Problem with Mega Evolution Sprites

I am using the Gen 6 addon and over the past few days I've fixed a common issue with the Y coordinates of Pokemon being wrong. However, upon testing out certain Mega evolutions, I noticed that when a pokemon mega evolves, their sprite moves upwards by a lot. Another problem I'm having relates to the width of the sprites. Are sprites not supposed to be wider than a certain width? Because the mega evolution back sprites are cut off from their right-side along with being sent upwards. Is there a way I can fix these problems? I tried looking through the scripts but I couldn't find anything.

ReVaN777

Years
I am using the Gen 6 addon and over the past few days I've fixed a common issue with the Y coordinates of Pokemon being wrong.

How did you fix this problem?

Resolved: I found the problem you need to change your Pokebattle_sceneconstants to

Code:
module PokeBattle_SceneConstants
  USECOMMANDBOX = true # If true, expects the file Graphics/Pictures/battleCommand.png
  USEFIGHTBOX   = true # If true, expects the file Graphics/Pictures/battleFight.png

# Text colors
  MESSAGEBASECOLOR        = Color.new(80,80,88)
  MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR      = Color.new(160,160,168)
  MENUBASECOLOR           = MESSAGEBASECOLOR
  MENUSHADOWCOLOR         = MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR
  BOXTEXTBASECOLOR        = Color.new(72,72,72)
  BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR      = Color.new(184,184,184)
  PPTEXTBASECOLOR         = MESSAGEBASECOLOR        # More than 1/2 of total PP
  PPTEXTSHADOWCOLOR       = MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR
  PPTEXTBASECOLORYELLOW   = Color.new(248,192,0)    # 1/2 of total PP or less
  PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORYELLOW = Color.new(144,104,0)
  PPTEXTBASECOLORORANGE   = Color.new(248,136,32)   # 1/4 of total PP or less
  PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORORANGE = Color.new(144,72,24)
  PPTEXTBASECOLORRED      = Color.new(248,72,72)    # Zero PP
  PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORRED    = Color.new(136,48,48)

# HP bar colors
  HPCOLORGREEN        = Color.new(24,192,32)
  HPCOLORGREENDARK    = Color.new(0,144,0)
  HPCOLORYELLOW       = Color.new(248,176,0)
  HPCOLORYELLOWDARK   = Color.new(176,104,8)
  HPCOLORRED          = Color.new(248,88,40)
  HPCOLORREDDARK      = Color.new(168,48,56)

# Exp bar colors
  EXPCOLORBASE       = Color.new(72,144,248)
  EXPCOLORSHADOW     = Color.new(48,96,216)

# Position and width of HP/Exp bars
  HPGAUGE_X    = 102
  HPGAUGE_Y    = 40
  HPGAUGESIZE  = 96
  EXPGAUGE_X   = 6
  EXPGAUGE_Y   = 76
  EXPGAUGESIZE = 192

# Coordinates of the top left of the player's data boxes
  PLAYERBOX_X   = Graphics.width - 244
  PLAYERBOX_Y   = Graphics.height - 192
  PLAYERBOXD1_X = PLAYERBOX_X - 12
  PLAYERBOXD1_Y = PLAYERBOX_Y - 20
  PLAYERBOXD2_X = PLAYERBOX_X
  PLAYERBOXD2_Y = PLAYERBOX_Y + 34

# Coordinates of the top left of the foe's data boxes
  FOEBOX_X      = -16
  FOEBOX_Y      = 36
  FOEBOXD1_X    = FOEBOX_X + 12
  FOEBOXD1_Y    = FOEBOX_Y - 34
  FOEBOXD2_X    = FOEBOX_X
  FOEBOXD2_Y    = FOEBOX_Y + 20

# Coordinates of the top left of the player's Safari game data box
  SAFARIBOX_X = Graphics.width - 232
  SAFARIBOX_Y = Graphics.height - 184

# Coordinates of the party bars and balls of both sides
  # Coordinates are the top left of the graphics except where specified
  PLAYERPARTYBAR_X    = Graphics.width - 248
  PLAYERPARTYBAR_Y    = Graphics.height - 142
  PLAYERPARTYBALL1_X  = PLAYERPARTYBAR_X + 44
  PLAYERPARTYBALL1_Y  = PLAYERPARTYBAR_Y - 30
  PLAYERPARTYBALL_GAP = 32
  FOEPARTYBAR_X       = 248   # Coordinates of end of bar nearest screen middle
  FOEPARTYBAR_Y       = 114
  FOEPARTYBALL1_X     = FOEPARTYBAR_X - 44 - 30   # 30 is width of ball icon
  FOEPARTYBALL1_Y     = FOEPARTYBAR_Y - 30
  FOEPARTYBALL_GAP    = 32   # Distance between centres of two adjacent balls

# Coordinates of the centre bottom of the player's battler's sprite
  # Is also the centre middle of its shadow
  PLAYERBATTLER_X   = 128
  PLAYERBATTLER_Y   = Graphics.height - 80
  PLAYERBATTLERD1_X = PLAYERBATTLER_X - 48
  PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y = PLAYERBATTLER_Y
  PLAYERBATTLERD2_X = PLAYERBATTLER_X + 32
  PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y = PLAYERBATTLER_Y + 16

# Coordinates of the centre bottom of the foe's battler's sprite
  # Is also the centre middle of its shadow
  FOEBATTLER_X      = Graphics.width - 128
  FOEBATTLER_Y      = (Graphics.height * 3/4) - 112
  FOEBATTLERD1_X    = FOEBATTLER_X + 48
  FOEBATTLERD1_Y    = FOEBATTLER_Y
  FOEBATTLERD2_X    = FOEBATTLER_X - 32
  FOEBATTLERD2_Y    = FOEBATTLER_Y - 16

# Centre bottom of the player's side base graphic
  PLAYERBASEX = PLAYERBATTLER_X
  PLAYERBASEY = PLAYERBATTLER_Y

# Centre middle of the foe's side base graphic
  FOEBASEX    = FOEBATTLER_X
  FOEBASEY    = FOEBATTLER_Y

# Coordinates of the centre bottom of the player's sprite
  PLAYERTRAINER_X   = PLAYERBATTLER_X
  PLAYERTRAINER_Y   = PLAYERBATTLER_Y - 16
  PLAYERTRAINERD1_X = PLAYERBATTLERD1_X
  PLAYERTRAINERD1_Y = PLAYERTRAINER_Y
  PLAYERTRAINERD2_X = PLAYERBATTLERD2_X
  PLAYERTRAINERD2_Y = PLAYERTRAINER_Y

# Coordinates of the centre bottom of the foe trainer's sprite
  FOETRAINER_X      = FOEBATTLER_X
  FOETRAINER_Y      = FOEBATTLER_Y + 6
  FOETRAINERD1_X    = FOEBATTLERD1_X
  FOETRAINERD1_Y    = FOEBATTLERD1_Y + 6
  FOETRAINERD2_X    = FOEBATTLERD2_X
  FOETRAINERD2_Y    = FOEBATTLERD2_Y + 6

# Default focal points of user and target in animations - do not change!
  FOCUSUSER_X   = 128   # 144
  FOCUSUSER_Y   = 224   # 188
  FOCUSTARGET_X = 384   # 352
  FOCUSTARGET_Y = 96    # 108, 98
end

after you change this you also need to change Pokebattle_scene to

Code:
=begin
-  def pbChooseNewEnemy(index,party)
Use this method to choose a new Pokémon for the enemy
The enemy's party is guaranteed to have at least one 
choosable member.
index - Index to the battler to be replaced (use e.g. @battle.battlers[index] to 
access the battler)
party - Enemy's party

- def pbWildBattleSuccess
This method is called when the player wins a wild Pokémon battle.
This method can change the battle's music for example.

- def pbTrainerBattleSuccess
This method is called when the player wins a Trainer battle.
This method can change the battle's music for example.

- def pbFainted(pkmn)
This method is called whenever a Pokémon faints.
pkmn - PokeBattle_Battler object indicating the Pokémon that fainted

- def pbChooseEnemyCommand(index)
Use this method to choose a command for the enemy.
index - Index of enemy battler (use e.g. @battle.battlers[index] to 
access the battler)

- def pbCommandMenu(index)
Use this method to display the list of commands and choose
a command for the player.
index - Index of battler (use e.g. @battle.battlers[index] to 
access the battler)
Return values:
0 - Fight
1 - Pokémon
2 - Bag
3 - Run
=end

################################################

class CommandMenuDisplay
  attr_accessor :mode

def initialize(viewport=nil)
    @display=nil
    if PokeBattle_SceneConstants::USECOMMANDBOX
      @display=IconSprite.new(0,Graphics.height-96,viewport)
      @display.setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/battleCommand")
    end
    @window=Window_CommandPokemon.newWithSize([],
       Graphics.width-240,Graphics.height-96,240,96,viewport)
    @window.columns=2
    @window.columnSpacing=4
    @window.ignore_input=true
    @msgbox=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize(
       "",16,Graphics.height-96+2,220,96,viewport)
    @msgbox.baseColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MESSAGEBASECOLOR
    @msgbox.shadowColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR
    @msgbox.windowskin=nil
    @title=""
    @buttons=nil
    if PokeBattle_SceneConstants::USECOMMANDBOX
      @window.opacity=0
      @window.x=Graphics.width
      @buttons=CommandMenuButtons.new(self.index,self.mode,viewport)
    end
  end

def x; @window.x; end
  def x=(value)
    @window.x=value
    @msgbox.x=value
    @display.x=value if @display
    @buttons.x=value if @buttons
  end

def y; @window.y; end
  def y=(value)
    @window.y=value
    @msgbox.y=value
    @display.y=value if @display
    @buttons.y=value if @buttons
  end

def z; @window.z; end
  def z=(value)
    @window.z=value
    @msgbox.z=value
    @display.z=value if @display
    @buttons.z=value+1 if @buttons
  end

def ox; @window.ox; end
  def ox=(value)
    @window.ox=value
    @msgbox.ox=value
    @display.ox=value if @display
    @buttons.ox=value if @buttons
  end

def oy; @window.oy; end
  def oy=(value)
    @window.oy=value
    @msgbox.oy=value
    @display.oy=value if @display
    @buttons.oy=value if @buttons
  end

def visible; @window.visible; end
  def visible=(value)
    @window.visible=value
    @msgbox.visible=value
    @display.visible=value if @display
    @buttons.visible=value if @buttons
  end

def color; @window.color; end
  def color=(value)
    @window.color=value
    @msgbox.color=value
    @display.color=value if @display
    @buttons.color=value if @buttons
  end

def disposed?
    return @msgbox.disposed? || @window.disposed?
  end

def dispose
    return if disposed?
    @msgbox.dispose
    @window.dispose
    @display.dispose if @display
    @buttons.dispose if @buttons
  end

def index; @window.index; end
  def index=(value); @window.index=value; end

def setTexts(value)
    @msgbox.text=value[0]
    commands=[]
    for i in 1..4
      commands.push(value[i]) if value[i] && value[i]!=nil
    end
    @window.commands=commands
  end

def refresh
    @msgbox.refresh
    @window.refresh
    @buttons.refresh(self.index,self.mode) if @buttons
  end

def update
    @msgbox.update
    @window.update
    @display.update if @display
    @buttons.update(self.index,self.mode) if @buttons
  end
end

class CommandMenuButtons < BitmapSprite
  def initialize(index=0,mode=0,viewport=nil)
    super(260,96,viewport)
    self.x=Graphics.width-260
    self.y=Graphics.height-96
    @mode=mode
    @buttonbitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/battleCommandButtons"))
    refresh(index,mode)
  end

def dispose
    @buttonbitmap.dispose
    super
  end

def update(index=0,mode=0)
    refresh(index,mode)
  end

def refresh(index,mode=0)
    self.bitmap.clear
    @mode=mode
    cmdarray=[0,2,1,3]
    case @mode
    when 1
      cmdarray=[0,2,1,4] # Use "Call"
    when 2
      cmdarray=[5,7,6,3] # Safari Zone battle
    when 3
      cmdarray=[0,8,1,3] # Bug Catching Contest
    end
    for i in 0...4
      next if i==index
      x=((i%2)==0) ? 0 : 126
      y=((i/2)==0) ? 6 : 48
      self.bitmap.blt(x,y,@buttonbitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(0,cmdarray[i]*46,130,46))
    end
    for i in 0...4
      next if i!=index
      x=((i%2)==0) ? 0 : 126
      self.bitmap.blt(x,y,@buttonbitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(130,cmdarray[i]*46,130,46))
    end
  end
end

class FightMenuDisplay
  attr_reader :battler
  attr_reader :index
  attr_accessor :megaButton

def initialize(battler,viewport=nil)
    @display=nil
    if PokeBattle_SceneConstants::USEFIGHTBOX
      @display=IconSprite.new(0,Graphics.height-96,viewport)
      @display.setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/battleFight")
    end
    @window=Window_CommandPokemon.newWithSize([],0,Graphics.height-96,320,96,viewport)
    @window.columns=2
    @window.columnSpacing=4
    @window.ignore_input=true
    pbSetNarrowFont(@window.contents)
    @info=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.newWithSize(
       "",320,Graphics.height-96,Graphics.width-320,96,viewport)
    pbSetNarrowFont(@info.contents)
    @ctag=shadowctag(PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUBASECOLOR,
                     PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUSHADOWCOLOR)
    @buttons=nil
    @battler=battler
    @index=0
    @megaButton=0 # 0=don't show, 1=show, 2=pressed
    if PokeBattle_SceneConstants::USEFIGHTBOX
      @window.opacity=0
      @window.x=Graphics.width
      @info.opacity=0
      @info.x=Graphics.width+Graphics.width-96
      @buttons=FightMenuButtons.new(self.index,nil,viewport)
    end
    refresh
  end

def x; @window.x; end
  def x=(value)
    @window.x=value
    @info.x=value
    @display.x=value if @display
    @buttons.x=value if @buttons
  end

def y; @window.y; end
  def y=(value)
    @window.y=value
    @info.y=value
    @display.y=value if @display
    @buttons.y=value if @buttons
  end

def z; @window.z; end
  def z=(value)
    @window.z=value
    @info.z=value
    @display.z=value if @display
    @buttons.z=value+1 if @buttons
  end

def ox; @window.ox; end
  def ox=(value)
    @window.ox=value
    @info.ox=value
    @display.ox=value if @display
    @buttons.ox=value if @buttons
  end

def oy; @window.oy; end
  def oy=(value)
    @window.oy=value
    @info.oy=value
    @display.oy=value if @display
    @buttons.oy=value if @buttons
  end

def visible; @window.visible; end
  def visible=(value)
    @window.visible=value
    @info.visible=value
    @display.visible=value if @display
    @buttons.visible=value if @buttons
  end

def color; @window.color; end
  def color=(value)
    @window.color=value
    @info.color=value
    @display.color=value if @display
    @buttons.color=value if @buttons
  end

def disposed?
    return @info.disposed? || @window.disposed?
  end

def dispose
    return if disposed?
    @info.dispose
    @display.dispose if @display
    @buttons.dispose if @buttons
    @window.dispose
  end

def battler=(value)
    @battler=value
    refresh
  end

def setIndex(value)
    if @battler && @battler.moves[value].id!=0
      @index=value
      @window.index=value
      refresh
      return true
    end
    return false
  end

def refresh
    return if !@battler
    commands=[]
    for i in 0...4
      break if @battler.moves[i].id==0
      commands.push(@battler.moves[i].name)
    end
    @window.commands=commands
    [email protected][@index]
    movetype=PBTypes.getName(selmove.type)
    if selmove.totalpp==0
      @info.text=_ISPRINTF("{1:s}PP: ---<br>TYPE/{2:s}",@ctag,movetype)
    else
      @info.text=_ISPRINTF("{1:s}PP: {2: 2d}/{3: 2d}<br>TYPE/{4:s}",
         @ctag,selmove.pp,selmove.totalpp,movetype)
    end
  end

def update
    @info.update
    @window.update
    @display.update if @display
    if @buttons
      moves=@battler ? @battler.moves : nil
      @buttons.update(self.index,moves,@megaButton)
    end
  end
end

class FightMenuButtons < BitmapSprite
  UPPERGAP=46

def initialize(index=0,moves=nil,viewport=nil)
    super(Graphics.width,96+UPPERGAP,viewport)
    self.x=0
    self.y=Graphics.height-96-UPPERGAP
    pbSetNarrowFont(self.bitmap)
    @buttonbitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battleFightButtons")
    @typebitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/types"))
    @megaevobitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/battleMegaEvo"))
    refresh(index,moves,0)
  end

def dispose
    @buttonbitmap.dispose
    @typebitmap.dispose
    @megaevobitmap.dispose
    super
  end

def update(index=0,moves=nil,megaButton=0)
    refresh(index,moves,megaButton)
  end

def refresh(index,moves,megaButton)
    return if !moves
    self.bitmap.clear
    moveboxes=_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/battleFightButtons")
    textpos=[]
    for i in 0...4
      next if i==index
      next if moves[i].id==0
      x=((i%2)==0) ? 4 : 192
      y+=UPPERGAP
      self.bitmap.blt(x,y,@buttonbitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(0,moves[i].type*46,192,46))
      textpos.push([_INTL("{1}",moves[i].name),x+96,y+8,2,
         PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUBASECOLOR,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUSHADOWCOLOR])
    end
    ppcolors=[
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLOR,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLOR,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLOR,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLOR,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLORYELLOW,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORYELLOW,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLORORANGE,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORORANGE,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLORRED,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORRED
    ]
    for i in 0...4
      next if i!=index
      next if moves[i].id==0
      x=((i%2)==0) ? 4 : 192
      y+=UPPERGAP
      self.bitmap.blt(x,y,@buttonbitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(192,moves[i].type*46,192,46))
      self.bitmap.blt(416,20+UPPERGAP,@typebitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(0,moves[i].type*28,64,28))
      textpos.push([_INTL("{1}",moves[i].name),x+96,y+8,2,
         PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUBASECOLOR,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUSHADOWCOLOR])
      if moves[i].totalpp>0
        ppfraction=(4.0*moves[i].pp/moves[i].totalpp).ceil
        textpos.push([_INTL("PP: {1}/{2}",moves[i].pp,moves[i].totalpp),
           448,50+UPPERGAP,2,ppcolors[(4-ppfraction)*2],ppcolors[(4-ppfraction)*2+1]])
      end
    end
    pbDrawTextPositions(self.bitmap,textpos)
    if megaButton>0
      self.bitmap.blt(146,0,@megaevobitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(0,(megaButton-1)*46,96,46))
    end
  end
end

class PokemonBattlerSprite < RPG::Sprite
  attr_accessor :selected

def initialize(doublebattle,index,viewport=nil)
    super(viewport)
    @selected=0
    @frame=0
    @index=index
    @updating=false
    @doublebattle=doublebattle
    @index=index
    @spriteX=0
    @spriteY=0
    @spriteXExtra=0
    @spriteYExtra=0
    @spriteVisible=false
    @_iconbitmap=nil
    self.visible=false
  end

def x
    return @spriteX
  end

def y
    return @spriteY
  end

def x=(value)
    @spriteX=value
    super(value+@spriteXExtra)
  end

def y=(value)
    @spriteY=value
    super(value+@spriteYExtra)
  end

def width; return (self.bitmap) ? self.bitmap.width : 0; end
  def height; return (self.bitmap) ? self.bitmap.height : 0; end

def dispose
    @_iconbitmap.dispose if @_iconbitmap
    @_iconbitmap=nil
    self.bitmap=nil if !self.disposed?
    super
  end

def selected=(value)
    if @selected==1 && value!=1 && @spriteYExtra>0
      @spriteYExtra=0
      self.y=@spriteY
    end
    @selected=value
  end

def visible=(value)
    @spriteVisible=value if !@updating
    super
  end

def setPokemonBitmap(pokemon,back=false)
    @_iconbitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap(pokemon,back)
    self.bitmap=@_iconbitmap ? @_iconbitmap.bitmap : nil
  end

def setPokemonBitmapSpecies(pokemon,species,back=false)
    @_iconbitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies(pokemon,species,back)
    self.bitmap=@_iconbitmap ? @_iconbitmap.bitmap : nil
  end

def update
    @frame+=1
    @updating=true
    @spriteYExtra=0
    # Pokémon sprite bobbing while Pokémon is selected
    if ((@frame/10).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokémon
      @spriteYExtra=2
    end
    self.x=@spriteX
    self.y=@spriteY
    self.visible=@spriteVisible
    # Pokémon sprite blinking when targeted or damaged
    if @selected==2 # When targeted or damaged
      self.visible=(@frame%10<7)
    end
    if @_iconbitmap
      @_iconbitmap.update
      self.bitmap=@_iconbitmap.bitmap
    end
    @updating=false
  end
end

class SafariDataBox < SpriteWrapper
  attr_reader :appearing

def initialize(battle,viewport=nil)
    super(viewport)
    @selected=0
    @battle=battle
    @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battlePlayerSafari")
    @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::SAFARIBOX_X
    @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::SAFARIBOX_Y
    @appearing=false
    @contents=BitmapWrapper.new(@databox.width,@databox.height)
    self.bitmap=@contents
    self.visible=false
    self.z=50
    refresh
  end

def appear
    refresh
    self.visible=true
    self.opacity=255
    self.x=@spriteX+240
    self.y=@spriteY
    @appearing=true
  end

def refresh
    self.bitmap.clear
    self.bitmap.blt(0,0,@databox.bitmap,Rect.new(0,0,@databox.width,@databox.height))
    pbSetSystemFont(self.bitmap)
    textpos=[]
    base=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::BOXTEXTBASECOLOR
    shadow=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR
    textpos.push([_INTL("Safari Balls"),30,8,false,base,shadow])
    textpos.push([_INTL("Left: {1}",@battle.ballcount),30,38,false,base,shadow])
  end

def update
    super
    if @appearing
      self.x-=12
      self.x=@spriteX if self.x<@spriteX
      @appearing=false if self.x<=@spriteX
      self.y=@spriteY
      return
    end
    self.x=@spriteX
    self.y=@spriteY
  end
end

class PokemonDataBox < SpriteWrapper
  attr_reader :battler
  attr_accessor :appearing
  attr_reader :animatingHP
  attr_reader :animatingEXP

def initialize(battler,doublebattle,viewport=nil)
    super(viewport)
    @explevel=0
    @battler=battler
    @selected=0
    @frame=0
    @showhp=false
    @showexp=false
    @appearing=false
    @animatingHP=false
    @starthp=0
    @currenthp=0
    @endhp=0
    @expflash=0
    if (@battler.index&1)==0 # if player's Pokémon
      @spritebaseX=34
    else
      @spritebaseX=16
    end
    if doublebattle
      case @battler.index
      when 0
        @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battlePlayerBoxD")
        @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOXD1_X
        @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOXD1_Y
      when 1 
        @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battleFoeBoxD")
        @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOXD1_X
        @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOXD1_Y
      when 2 
        @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battlePlayerBoxD")
        @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOXD2_X
        @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOXD2_Y
      when 3 
        @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battleFoeBoxD")
        @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOXD2_X
        @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOXD2_Y
      end
    else
      case @battler.index
      when 0
        @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battlePlayerBoxS")
        @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOX_X
        @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOX_Y
        @showhp=true
        @showexp=true
      when 1 
        @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battleFoeBoxS")
        @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOX_X
        @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOX_Y
      end
    end
    @statuses=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/battleStatuses"))
    @contents=BitmapWrapper.new(@databox.width,@databox.height)
    self.bitmap=@contents
    self.visible=false
    self.z=50
    refreshExpLevel
    refresh
  end

def dispose
    @statuses.dispose
    @databox.dispose
    @contents.dispose
    super
  end

def refreshExpLevel
    if [email protected]
      @explevel=0
    else
      [email protected]
      startexp=PBExperience.pbGetStartExperience(@battler.pokemon.level,growthrate)
      endexp=PBExperience.pbGetStartExperience(@battler.pokemon.level+1,growthrate)
      if startexp==endexp
        @explevel=0
      else
        @explevel=(@battler.pokemon.exp-startexp)*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/(endexp-startexp)
      end
    end
  end

def exp
    return @animatingEXP ? @currentexp : @explevel
  end

def hp
    return @animatingHP ? @currenthp : @battler.hp
  end

def animateHP(oldhp,newhp)
    @starthp=oldhp
    @currenthp=oldhp
    @endhp=newhp
    @animatingHP=true
  end

def animateEXP(oldexp,newexp)
    @currentexp=oldexp
    @endexp=newexp
    @animatingEXP=true
  end

def appear
    refreshExpLevel
    refresh
    self.visible=true
    self.opacity=255
      self.x=@spriteX+320
    else
      self.x=@spriteX-320
    end
    self.y=@spriteY
    @appearing=true
  end

def refresh
    self.bitmap.clear
    return if [email protected]
    self.bitmap.blt(0,0,@databox.bitmap,Rect.new(0,0,@databox.width,@databox.height))
    base=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::BOXTEXTBASECOLOR
    shadow=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR
    [email protected]
    pbSetSystemFont(self.bitmap)
    textpos=[
       [pokename,@spritebaseX+8,6,false,base,shadow]
    ]
    genderX=self.bitmap.text_size(pokename).width
    genderX+=@spritebaseX+14
    if @battler.gender==0 # Male
      textpos.push([_INTL("♂"),genderX,6,false,Color.new(48,96,216),shadow])
    elsif @battler.gender==1 # Female
      textpos.push([_INTL("♀"),genderX,6,false,Color.new(248,88,40),shadow])
    end
    pbSetSmallFont(self.bitmap)
    textpos=[
       [_INTL("Lv{1}",@battler.level),@spritebaseX+202,8,true,base,shadow]
    ]
    if @showhp
      hpstring=_ISPRINTF("{1: 2d}/{2: 2d}",self.hp,@battler.totalhp)
      textpos.push([hpstring,@spritebaseX+188,48,true,base,shadow])
    end
    imagepos=[]
    if @battler.pokemon.isShiny?
      shinyX=206
      shinyX=-6 if (@battler.index&1)==0 # If player's Pokémon
      imagepos.push(["Graphics/Pictures/shiny.png",@spritebaseX+shinyX,36,0,0,-1,-1])
    end
    if @battler.isMega?
      imagepos.push(["Graphics/Pictures/battleMegaEvoBox.png",@spritebaseX+8,34,0,0,-1,-1])
    end
    if @battler.owned && (@battler.index&1)==1
      imagepos.push(["Graphics/Pictures/battleBoxOwned.png",@spritebaseX+8,36,0,0,-1,-1])
    end
    pbDrawImagePositions(self.bitmap,imagepos)
    if @battler.status>0
      self.bitmap.blt(@spritebaseX+24,36,@statuses.bitmap,
         Rect.new(0,(@battler.status-1)*16,44,16))
    end
    hpGaugeSize=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGESIZE
    [email protected]==0 ? 0 : (self.hp*hpGaugeSize/@battler.totalhp)
    hpgauge=2 if hpgauge==0 && self.hp>0
    hpzone=0
    hpzone=1 if self.hp<=(@battler.totalhp/2).floor
    hpzone=2 if self.hp<=(@battler.totalhp/4).floor
    hpcolors=[
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORGREENDARK,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORGREEN,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORYELLOWDARK,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORYELLOW,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORREDDARK,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORRED
    ]
    # fill with black (shows what the HP used to be)
    hpGaugeX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGE_X
    hpGaugeY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGE_Y
    if @animatingHP && self.hp>0
      self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX,hpGaugeY,
         @starthp*hpGaugeSize/@battler.totalhp,6,Color.new(0,0,0))
    end
    # fill with HP color
    self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX,hpGaugeY,hpgauge,2,hpcolors[hpzone*2])
    self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX,hpGaugeY+2,hpgauge,4,hpcolors[hpzone*2+1])
    if @showexp
      # fill with EXP color
      expGaugeX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGE_X
      expGaugeY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGE_Y
      self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+expGaugeX,expGaugeY,self.exp,2,
         PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPCOLORSHADOW)
      self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+expGaugeX,expGaugeY+2,self.exp,2,
         PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPCOLORBASE)
    end
  end

def update
    super
    @frame+=1
    if @animatingHP
      if @currenthp<@endhp
        @currenthp+=[1,(@battler.totalhp/PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGESIZE).floor].max
        @currenthp=@endhp if @currenthp>@endhp
      elsif @currenthp>@endhp
        @currenthp-=[1,(@battler.totalhp/PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGESIZE).floor].max
        @currenthp=@endhp if @currenthp<@endhp
      end
      @animatingHP=false if @currenthp==@endhp
      refresh
    end
    if @animatingEXP
      if !@showexp
        @currentexp=@endexp
      elsif @currentexp<@endexp   # Gaining Exp
        if @endexp>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE ||
           @endexp-@currentexp>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/4
          @currentexp+=4
        else
          @currentexp+=2
        end
        @currentexp=@endexp if @currentexp>@endexp
      elsif @currentexp>@endexp   # Losing Exp
        if @endexp==0 ||
           @currentexp-@endexp>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/4
          @currentexp-=4
        elsif @currentexp>@endexp
          @currentexp-=2
        end
        @currentexp=@endexp if @currentexp<@endexp
      end
      refresh
      if @currentexp==@endexp
        if @currentexp==PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE
          if @expflash==0
            pbSEPlay("expfull")
            self.flash(Color.new(64,200,248),8)
            @expflash=8
          else
            @expflash-=1
            if @expflash==0
              @animatingEXP=false
              refreshExpLevel
            end
          end
        else
          @animatingEXP=false
        end
      end
    end
    if @appearing
        self.x-=12
        self.x=@spriteX if self.x<@spriteX
        @appearing=false if self.x<=@spriteX
      else
        self.x+=12
        self.x=@spriteX if self.x>@spriteX
        @appearing=false if self.x>=@spriteX
      end
      self.y=@spriteY
      return
    end
    self.x=@spriteX
    self.y=@spriteY
    # Data box bobbing while Pokémon is selected
    if ((@frame/10).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1   # Choosing commands for this Pokémon
      self.y=@spriteY+2
    elsif ((@frame/5).floor&1)==1 && @selected==2   # When targeted or damaged
      self.y=@spriteY+2
    end
  end
end

def showShadow?(species)
  metrics=load_data("Data/metrics.dat")
  return metrics[2][species]>0
end

# Shows the enemy trainer(s)'s Pokémon being thrown out.  It appears at coords
# (@spritex,@spritey), and moves in y to @endspritey where it stays for the rest
# of the battle, i.e. the latter is the more important value.
# Doesn't show the ball itself being thrown.
class PokeballSendOutAnimation
  SPRITESTEPS=10
  STARTZOOM=0.125

def initialize(sprite,spritehash,pkmn,doublebattle)
    @disposed=false
    @ballused=pkmn.pokemon ? pkmn.pokemon.ballused : 0
    @PokemonBattlerSprite=sprite
    @PokemonBattlerSprite.visible=false
    @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone=Tone.new(248,248,248,248)
    @pokeballsprite=IconSprite.new(0,0,sprite.viewport)
    @pokeballsprite.setBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d",@ballused))
    if doublebattle
      @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X if pkmn.index==1
      @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X if pkmn.index==3
    else
      @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X
    end
    @spritey=0
    @endspritey=adjustBattleSpriteY(sprite,pkmn.species,pkmn.index)
    if doublebattle
      @spritey=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==1
      @spritey=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==3
      @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==1
      @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==3
    else
      @spritey=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
      @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
    end
    @spritehash=spritehash
    @pokeballsprite.x=@[email protected]/2
    @pokeballsprite.y=@[email protected]/2-4
    @[email protected]+1
    @pkmn=pkmn
    @shadowX=@spritex
    @shadowY=@spritey
    if @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"] && @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].bitmap!=nil
      @shadowX-=@spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].bitmap.width/2
      @shadowY-=@spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].bitmap.height/2
    end
    @shadowVisible=showShadow?(pkmn.species)
    @stepspritey=(@spritey-@endspritey)
    @zoomstep=(1.0-STARTZOOM)/SPRITESTEPS
    @animdone=false
    @frame=0
  end

def disposed?
    return @disposed
  end

def animdone?
    return @animdone
  end

def dispose
    return if disposed?
    @pokeballsprite.dispose
    @disposed=true
  end

def update
    return if disposed?
    @pokeballsprite.update
    @frame+=1
    if @frame==2
      pbSEPlay("recall")
    end
    if @frame==4
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.visible=true
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x=STARTZOOM
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y=STARTZOOM
      pbSpriteSetCenter(@PokemonBattlerSprite,@spritex,@spritey)
      pbPlayCry(@pkmn.pokemon ? @pkmn.pokemon : @pkmn.species)
      @pokeballsprite.setBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d_open",@ballused))
    end
    if @frame==8
      @pokeballsprite.visible=false
    end
    if @frame>8 && @frame<=16
      color=Color.new(248,248,248,256-(16-@frame)*32)
      @spritehash["enemybase"].color=color
      @spritehash["playerbase"].color=color   
      @spritehash["battlebg"].color=color
      for i in 0...4
        @spritehash["shadow#{i}"].color=color if @spritehash["shadow#{i}"]
      end
    end
    if @frame>16 && @frame<=24
      color=Color.new(248,248,248,(24-@frame)*32)
      tone=(24-@frame)*32
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone=Tone.new(tone,tone,tone,tone)
      for i in 0...4
      end
    end
    if @frame>5 && @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x<1.0
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x+=@zoomstep
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y+=@zoomstep
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x=1.0 if @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x > 1.0
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y=1.0 if @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y > 1.0
      currentY=@spritey-(@stepspritey*@PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y)
      pbSpriteSetCenter(@PokemonBattlerSprite,@spritex,currentY)
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.y=currentY
    end
    if @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone.gray<=0 && @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x>=1.0
      @animdone=true
      if @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"]
        @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].x=@shadowX
        @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].y=@shadowY
        @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].visible=@shadowVisible
      end
    end
  end
end

# Shows the player's (or partner's) Pokémon being thrown out.  It appears at
# (@spritex,@spritey), and moves in y to @endspritey where it stays for the rest
# of the battle, i.e. the latter is the more important value.
# Doesn't show the ball itself being thrown.
class PokeballPlayerSendOutAnimation
#  Ball curve: 8,52; 22,44; 52, 96
#  Player: Color.new(16*8,23*8,30*8)
  SPRITESTEPS=10
  STARTZOOM=0.125

def initialize(sprite,spritehash,pkmn,doublebattle)
    @disposed=false
    @PokemonBattlerSprite=sprite
    @pkmn=pkmn
    @PokemonBattlerSprite.visible=false
    @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone=Tone.new(248,248,248,248)
    @spritehash=spritehash
    if doublebattle
      @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_X if pkmn.index==0
      @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_X if pkmn.index==2
    else
      @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_X
    end
    @spritey=0
    @endspritey=adjustBattleSpriteY(sprite,pkmn.species,pkmn.index)
    if doublebattle
      @spritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==0
      @spritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==2
      @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==0
      @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==2
    else
      @spritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y
      @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y
    end
    @animdone=false
    @frame=0
  end

def disposed?
    return @disposed
  end

def animdone?
    return @animdone
  end

def dispose
    return if disposed?
    @disposed=true
  end

def update
    return if disposed?
    @frame+=1
    if @frame==4
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.visible=true
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x=STARTZOOM
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y=STARTZOOM
      pbSEPlay("recall")
      pbSpriteSetCenter(@PokemonBattlerSprite,@spritex,@spritey)
      pbPlayCry(@pkmn.pokemon ? @pkmn.pokemon : @pkmn.species)
    end
    if @frame>8 && @frame<=16
      color=Color.new(248,248,248,256-(16-@frame)*32)
      for i in 0...4
      end
    end
    if @frame>16 && @frame<=24
      color=Color.new(248,248,248,(24-@frame)*32)
      tone=(24-@frame)*32
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone=Tone.new(tone,tone,tone,tone)
      for i in 0...4
      end
    end
    if @frame>5 && @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x<1.0
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x+=0.1
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y+=0.1
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x=1.0 if @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x > 1.0
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y=1.0 if @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y > 1.0
      pbSpriteSetCenter(@PokemonBattlerSprite,@spritex,0)
      @PokemonBattlerSprite.y=@spritey+(@endspritey-@spritey)*@PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y
    end
    if @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone.gray<=0 && @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x>=1.0
      @animdone=true
    end
  end
end

# Shows the enemy trainer(s) and the enemy party lineup sliding off screen.
# Doesn't show the ball thrown or the Pokémon.
class TrainerFadeAnimation
  def initialize(sprites)
    @frame=0
    @sprites=sprites
    @animdone=false
  end

def animdone?
    return @animdone
  end

def update
    return if @animdone
    @frame+=1
    @sprites["trainer"].x+=8
    @sprites["trainer2"].x+=8 if @sprites["trainer2"]
    @sprites["partybarfoe"].x+=8
    @sprites["partybarfoe"].opacity-=12
    for i in 0...6
      @sprites["enemy#{i}"].opacity-=12
      @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x+=8 if @frame>=i*4
    end
    @animdone=true if @sprites["trainer"].x>=Graphics.width &&
       (!@sprites["trainer2"] || @sprites["trainer2"].x>=Graphics.width)
  end
end

# Shows the player (and partner) and the player party lineup sliding off screen.
# Shows the player's/partner's throwing animation (if they have one).
# Doesn't show the ball thrown or the Pokémon.
class PlayerFadeAnimation
  def initialize(sprites)
    @frame=0
    @sprites=sprites
    @animdone=false
  end

def animdone?
    return @animdone
  end

def update
    return if @animdone
    @frame+=1
    @sprites["player"].x-=8
    @sprites["playerB"].x-=8 if @sprites["playerB"]
    @sprites["partybarplayer"].x-=8
    @sprites["partybarplayer"].opacity-=12
    for i in 0...6
      if @sprites["player#{i}"]
        @sprites["player#{i}"].opacity-=12 
        @sprites["player#{i}"].x-=8 if @frame>=i*4
      end
    end
    pa=@sprites["player"]
    pb=@sprites["playerB"]
    pawidth=128
    pbwidth=128
    if (pa && pa.bitmap && !pa.bitmap.disposed?)
      if pa.bitmap.height<pa.bitmap.width
        numframes=pa.bitmap.width/pa.bitmap.height # Number of frames
        pawidth=pa.bitmap.width/numframes # Width per frame
        @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=pawidth*1 if @frame>0
        @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=pawidth*2 if @frame>8
        @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=pawidth*3 if @frame>12
        @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=pawidth*4 if @frame>16
        @sprites["player"].src_rect.width=pawidth
      else
        pawidth=pa.bitmap.width
        @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=0
        @sprites["player"].src_rect.width=pawidth
      end
    end
    if (pb && pb.bitmap && !pb.bitmap.disposed?)
      if pb.bitmap.height<pb.bitmap.width
        numframes=pb.bitmap.width/pb.bitmap.height # Number of frames
        pbwidth=pb.bitmap.width/numframes # Width per frame
        @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=pbwidth*1 if @frame>0
        @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=pbwidth*2 if @frame>8
        @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=pbwidth*3 if @frame>12
        @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=pbwidth*4 if @frame>16
        @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.width=pbwidth
      else
        pbwidth=pb.bitmap.width
        @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=0
        @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.width=pbwidth
      end
    end
    if pb
      @animdone=true if pb.x<=-pbwidth
    else
      @animdone=true if pa.x<=-pawidth
    end
  end
end

# Shows the player's Poké Ball being thrown to capture a Pokémon.
def pokeballThrow(ball,shakes,targetBattler,scene,battler,burst=-1,showplayer=false)
  balltype=pbGetBallType(ball)
  animtrainer=false
  if showplayer && @sprites["player"].bitmap.width>@sprites["player"].bitmap.height
    animtrainer=true
  end
  oldvisible=@sprites["shadow#{targetBattler}"].visible
  @sprites["shadow#{targetBattler}"].visible=false
  ball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d",balltype)
  ballopen=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d_open",balltype)
  # sprites
  spritePoke=@sprites["pokemon#{targetBattler}"]
  spriteBall=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
  spriteBall.visible=false
  spritePlayer=@sprites["player"] if animtrainer
  # pictures
  pictureBall=PictureEx.new(spritePoke.z+1)
  picturePoke=PictureEx.new(spritePoke.z)
  dims=[spritePoke.x,spritePoke.y]
  center=getSpriteCenter(@sprites["pokemon#{targetBattler}"])
  if @battle.doublebattle
    ballendy=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y-4 if targetBattler==1
    ballendy=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y-4 if targetBattler==3
  else
    ballendy=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y-4
  end
  if animtrainer
    picturePlayer=PictureEx.new(spritePoke.z+2)
    playerpos=[@sprites["player"].x,@sprites["player"].y]
  end
  # starting positions
  pictureBall.moveVisible(1,true)
  pictureBall.moveName(1,ball)
  pictureBall.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::Center)
  if animtrainer
    pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,64,256)
  else
    pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,10,180)
  end
  picturePoke.moveVisible(1,true)
  picturePoke.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::Center)
  picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,center[0],center[1])
  if animtrainer
    picturePlayer.moveVisible(1,true)
    picturePlayer.moveName(1,spritePlayer.name)
    picturePlayer.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::TopLeft)
    picturePlayer.moveXY(0,1,playerpos[0],playerpos[1])
  end
  # directives
  picturePoke.moveSE(1,"Audio/SE/throw")
  if animtrainer
    pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,64,256,30+Graphics.width/2,10,center[0],center[1])
    pictureBall.moveAngle(30,1,-720)
  else
    pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,150,70,30+Graphics.width/2,10,center[0],center[1])
    pictureBall.moveAngle(30,1,-1080)
  end
  pictureBall.moveAngle(0,pictureBall.totalDuration,0)
  delay=pictureBall.totalDuration+4
  picturePoke.moveTone(10,delay,Tone.new(0,-224,-224,0))
  delay=picturePoke.totalDuration
  picturePoke.moveSE(delay,"Audio/SE/recall")
  pictureBall.moveName(delay+4,ballopen)
  if animtrainer
    picturePlayer.moveSrc(1,@sprites["player"].bitmap.height,0)
    picturePlayer.moveXY(0,1,playerpos[0]-14,playerpos[1])
    picturePlayer.moveSrc(4,@sprites["player"].bitmap.height*2,0)
    picturePlayer.moveXY(0,4,playerpos[0]-12,playerpos[1])
    picturePlayer.moveSrc(8,@sprites["player"].bitmap.height*3,0)
    picturePlayer.moveXY(0,8,playerpos[0]+20,playerpos[1])
    picturePlayer.moveSrc(16,@sprites["player"].bitmap.height*4,0)
    picturePlayer.moveXY(0,16,playerpos[0]+16,playerpos[1])
    picturePlayer.moveSrc(40,0,0)
    picturePlayer.moveXY(0,40,playerpos[0],playerpos[1])
  end
  loop do
    pictureBall.update
    picturePoke.update
    picturePlayer.update if animtrainer
    setPictureIconSprite(spriteBall,pictureBall)
    setPictureSprite(spritePoke,picturePoke)
    setPictureIconSprite(spritePlayer,picturePlayer) if animtrainer
    pbGraphicsUpdate
    pbInputUpdate
    break if !pictureBall.running? && !picturePoke.running?
  end
  # Burst animation here
  if burst>=0 && scene.battle.battlescene
    scene.pbCommonAnimation("BallBurst#{burst}",battler,nil)
  end
  pictureBall.clearProcesses
  picturePoke.clearProcesses
  delay=0
  picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,0)
  picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,center[0],center[1])
  picturePoke.moveSE(delay+10,"Audio/SE/jumptoball")
  picturePoke.moveVisible(delay+15,false)
  pictureBall.moveName(picturePoke.totalDuration+2,ball)
  delay=picturePoke.totalDuration+6
  pictureBall.moveXY(10,delay,center[0],ballendy)
  pictureBall.moveSE(pictureBall.totalDuration,"Audio/SE/balldrop")
  pictureBall.moveXY(5,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy-((ballendy-center[1])/2))
  pictureBall.moveXY(5,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy)
  pictureBall.moveXY(3,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy-((ballendy-center[1])/4))
  pictureBall.moveXY(3,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy)
  pictureBall.moveXY(1,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy-((ballendy-center[1])/8))
  pictureBall.moveXY(1,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy)
  picturePoke.moveXY(0,pictureBall.totalDuration,center[0],ballendy)
  delay=pictureBall.totalDuration+18# if shakes==0
  [shakes,3].min.times do
    pictureBall.moveSE(delay,"Audio/SE/ballshake")
    pictureBall.moveXY(3,delay,center[0]-8,ballendy)
    pictureBall.moveAngle(3,delay,20) # positive means counterclockwise
    delay=pictureBall.totalDuration
    pictureBall.moveXY(6,delay,center[0]+8,ballendy)
    pictureBall.moveAngle(6,delay,-20) # negative means clockwise
    pictureBall.moveXY(3,delay,center[0],ballendy)
    pictureBall.moveAngle(3,delay,0)
    delay=pictureBall.totalDuration+18
  end
  if shakes<4
    pictureBall.moveName(delay,ballopen)
    pictureBall.moveVisible(delay+10,false)
    picturePoke.moveVisible(delay,true)
    picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,100)
    picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,center[0],center[1])
    picturePoke.moveTone(0,delay,Tone.new(248,248,248,248))
    picturePoke.moveTone(24,delay,Tone.new(0,0,0,0))
  end
  pictureBall.moveXY(0,delay,center[0],ballendy)
  picturePoke.moveOrigin(picturePoke.totalDuration,PictureOrigin::TopLeft)
  picturePoke.moveXY(0,picturePoke.totalDuration,dims[0],dims[1])
  loop do
    pictureBall.update
    picturePoke.update
    pbGraphicsUpdate
    pbInputUpdate
    break if !pictureBall.running? && !picturePoke.running?
  end
  if shakes<4
    @sprites["shadow#{targetBattler}"].visible=oldvisible
    spriteBall.dispose
  else
    spriteBall.tone=Tone.new(-64,-64,-64,128)
    pbSEPlay("balldrop",100,150)
    @sprites["capture"]=spriteBall
    spritePoke.visible=false
  end
end

####################################################

class PokeBattle_Scene
  attr_accessor :abortable
  attr_reader :viewport
  attr_reader :sprites
  BLANK      = 0
  MESSAGEBOX = 1
  COMMANDBOX = 2
  FIGHTBOX   = 3

def initialize
    @battle=nil
    @lastcmd=[0,0,0,0]
    @lastmove=[0,0,0,0]
    @pkmnwindows=[nil,nil,nil,nil]
    @sprites={}
    @battlestart=true
    @messagemode=false
    @abortable=false
    @aborted=false
  end

def pbUpdate
    partyAnimationUpdate
    @sprites["battlebg"].update if @sprites["battlebg"].respond_to?("update")
  end

def pbGraphicsUpdate
    partyAnimationUpdate
    @sprites["battlebg"].update if @sprites["battlebg"].respond_to?("update")
    Graphics.update
  end

def pbInputUpdate
    Input.update
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B) && @abortable && !@aborted
      @aborted=true
      @battle.pbAbort
    end
  end

def pbShowWindow(windowtype)
    @sprites["messagebox"].visible = (windowtype==MESSAGEBOX ||
                                      windowtype==COMMANDBOX ||
                                      windowtype==FIGHTBOX ||
                                      windowtype==BLANK )
    @sprites["messagewindow"].visible = (windowtype==MESSAGEBOX)
    @sprites["commandwindow"].visible = (windowtype==COMMANDBOX)
    @sprites["fightwindow"].visible = (windowtype==FIGHTBOX)
  end

def pbSetMessageMode(mode)
    @messagemode=mode
    msgwindow=@sprites["messagewindow"]
    if mode # Within Pokémon command
      msgwindow.baseColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUBASECOLOR
      msgwindow.shadowColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUSHADOWCOLOR
      msgwindow.opacity=255
      msgwindow.x=16
      msgwindow.width=Graphics.width
      msgwindow.height=96
      msgwindow.y=Graphics.height-msgwindow.height+2
    else
      msgwindow.baseColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MESSAGEBASECOLOR
      msgwindow.shadowColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR
      msgwindow.opacity=0
      msgwindow.x=16
      msgwindow.width=Graphics.width-32
      msgwindow.height=96
      msgwindow.y=Graphics.height-msgwindow.height+2
    end
  end

def pbWaitMessage
    if @briefmessage
      pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
      cw=@sprites["messagewindow"]
      60.times do
        pbGraphicsUpdate
        pbInputUpdate
      end
      cw.text=""
      cw.visible=false
      @briefmessage=false
    end
  end

def pbDisplay(msg,brief=false)
    pbDisplayMessage(msg,brief)
  end

def pbDisplayMessage(msg,brief=false)
    pbWaitMessage
    pbRefresh
    pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
    cw.text=msg
    i=0
    loop do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      cw.update
      if i==40
        cw.text=""
        cw.visible=false
        return
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::C) || @abortable
        if cw.pausing?
          pbPlayDecisionSE() if !@abortable
          cw.resume
        end
      end
      if !cw.busy?
        if brief
          @briefmessage=true
          return
        end
        i+=1
      end
    end
  end

def pbDisplayPausedMessage(msg)
    pbWaitMessage
    pbRefresh
    pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
    if @messagemode
      @switchscreen.pbDisplay(msg)
      return
    end
    cw.text=_ISPRINTF("{1:s}\1",msg)
    loop do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      if Input.trigger?(Input::C) || @abortable
        if cw.busy?
          pbPlayDecisionSE() if cw.pausing? && !@abortable
          cw.resume
        elsif !inPartyAnimation?
          cw.text=""
          pbPlayDecisionSE()
          cw.visible=false if @messagemode
          return
        end
      end
      cw.update
    end
  end

def pbDisplayConfirmMessage(msg)
    return pbShowCommands(msg,[_INTL("Yes"),_INTL("No")],1)==0
  end

def pbShowCommands(msg,commands,defaultValue)
    pbWaitMessage
    pbRefresh
    pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
    dw=@sprites["messagewindow"]
    dw.text=msg
    cw = Window_CommandPokemon.new(commands)
    cw.x=Graphics.width-cw.width
    cw.y=Graphics.height-cw.height-dw.height
    cw.index=0
    cw.viewport=@viewport
    pbRefresh
    loop do
      cw.visible=!dw.busy?
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      pbFrameUpdate(cw)
      dw.update
      if Input.trigger?(Input::B) && defaultValue>=0
        if dw.busy?
          pbPlayDecisionSE() if dw.pausing?
          dw.resume
        else
          cw.dispose
          dw.text=""
          return defaultValue
        end
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
        if dw.busy?
          pbPlayDecisionSE() if dw.pausing?
          dw.resume
        else
          cw.dispose
          dw.text=""
          return cw.index
        end
      end
    end
  end

def pbFrameUpdate(cw)
    cw.update if cw
    for i in 0...4
      if @sprites["battlebox#{i}"]
        @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].update
      end
      if @sprites["pokemon#{i}"]
        @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].update
      end
    end
  end

def pbRefresh
    for i in 0...4
      if @sprites["battlebox#{i}"]
        @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].refresh
      end
    end
  end

def pbAddSprite(id,x,y,filename,viewport)
    sprite=IconSprite.new(x,y,viewport)
    if filename
      sprite.setBitmap(filename) rescue nil
    end
    @sprites[id]=sprite
    return sprite
  end

def pbAddPlane(id,filename,viewport)
    sprite=AnimatedPlane.new(viewport)
    if filename
      sprite.setBitmap(filename)
    end
    @sprites[id]=sprite
    return sprite
  end

def pbDisposeSprites
    pbDisposeSpriteHash(@sprites)
  end

def pbBeginCommandPhase
    # Called whenever a new round begins.
    @battlestart=false
  end

def pbShowOpponent(index)
    if @battle.opponent
      if @battle.opponent.is_a?(Array)
        trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent[index].trainertype)
      else
        trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent.trainertype)
      end
    else
      trainerfile="Graphics/Characters/trfront"
    end
    pbAddSprite("trainer",Graphics.width,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_Y,
       trainerfile,@viewport)
    if @sprites["trainer"].bitmap
      @sprites["trainer"].y-=@sprites["trainer"].bitmap.height
      @sprites["trainer"].z=8
    end
    20.times do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      @sprites["trainer"].x-=6
    end
  end

def pbHideOpponent
    20.times do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      @sprites["trainer"].x+=6
    end
  end

def pbShowHelp(text)
    @sprites["helpwindow"].resizeToFit(text,Graphics.width)
    @sprites["helpwindow"].y=0
    @sprites["helpwindow"].x=0
    @sprites["helpwindow"].text=text
    @sprites["helpwindow"].visible=true
  end

def pbHideHelp
    @sprites["helpwindow"].visible=false
  end

def pbBackdrop
    [email protected]
    # Choose backdrop
    backdrop="Field"
    if environ==PBEnvironment::Cave
      backdrop="Cave"
    elsif environ==PBEnvironment::MovingWater || environ==PBEnvironment::StillWater
      backdrop="Water"
    elsif environ==PBEnvironment::Underwater
      backdrop="Underwater"
    elsif environ==PBEnvironment::Rock
      backdrop="Mountain"
    else
      if !$game_map || !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataOutdoor)
        backdrop="IndoorA"
      end
    end
    if $game_map
      back=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBattleBack)
      if back && back!=""
        backdrop=back
      end
    end
    if $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack
      backdrop=$PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack
    end
    # Choose bases
    base=""
    trialname=""
    if environ==PBEnvironment::Grass || environ==PBEnvironment::TallGrass
      trialname="Grass"
    elsif environ==PBEnvironment::Sand
      trialname="Sand"
    elsif $PokemonGlobal.surfing
      trialname="Water"
    end
    if pbResolveBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Battlebacks/playerbase"+backdrop+trialname))
      base=trialname
    end
    # Choose time of day
    time=""
    trialname=""
    timenow=pbGetTimeNow
    if PBDayNight.isNight?(timenow)
      trialname="Night"
    elsif PBDayNight.isEvening?(timenow)
      trialname="Eve"
    end
    if pbResolveBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Battlebacks/battlebg"+backdrop+trialname))
      time=trialname
    end
    # Apply graphics
    battlebg="Graphics/Battlebacks/battlebg"+backdrop+time
    enemybase="Graphics/Battlebacks/enemybase"+backdrop+base+time
    playerbase="Graphics/Battlebacks/playerbase"+backdrop+base+time
    pbAddPlane("battlebg",battlebg,@viewport)
    pbAddSprite("playerbase",
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBASEX,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBASEY,playerbase,@viewport)
    @sprites["playerbase"].x-=@sprites["playerbase"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["playerbase"].bitmap!=nil
    @sprites["playerbase"].y-=@sprites["playerbase"].bitmap.height if @sprites["playerbase"].bitmap!=nil
    pbAddSprite("enemybase",
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBASEX,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBASEY,enemybase,@viewport)
    @sprites["enemybase"].x-=@sprites["enemybase"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["enemybase"].bitmap!=nil
    @sprites["enemybase"].y-=@sprites["enemybase"].bitmap.height/2 if @sprites["enemybase"].bitmap!=nil
    @sprites["battlebg"].z=0
    @sprites["playerbase"].z=1
    @sprites["enemybase"].z=1
  end

# Returns whether the party line-ups are currently appearing on-screen
  def inPartyAnimation?
    return @enablePartyAnim && @partyAnimPhase<3
  end

# Shows the party line-ups appearing on-screen
  def partyAnimationUpdate
    return if !inPartyAnimation?
    ballmovedist=16 # How far a ball moves each frame
    # Bar slides on
    if @partyAnimPhase==0
      @sprites["partybarfoe"].x+=16
      @sprites["partybarplayer"].x-=16
      if @sprites["partybarfoe"].x+@sprites["partybarfoe"].bitmap.width>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_X
        @sprites["partybarfoe"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_X-@sprites["partybarfoe"].bitmap.width
        @sprites["partybarplayer"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBAR_X
        @partyAnimPhase=1
      end
      return
    end
    # Set up all balls ready to slide on
    if @partyAnimPhase==1
      @xposplayer=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL1_X
      counter=0
      # Make sure the ball starts off-screen
      while @xposplayer<Graphics.width
        counter+=1; @xposplayer+=ballmovedist
      end
      @xposenemy=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-counter*ballmovedist
      for i in 0...6
        # Choose the ball's graphic (player's side)
        ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballempty"
        if i<@battle.party1.length && @battle.party1[i]
          if @battle.party1[i].hp<=0 || @battle.party1[i].isEgg?
            ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballfainted"
          elsif @battle.party1[i].status>0
            ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballstatus"
          else
            ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballnormal"
          end
        end
        pbAddSprite("player#{i}",
           @xposplayer+i*ballmovedist*6,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL1_Y,
           ballgraphic,@viewport)
        @sprites["player#{i}"].z=41
        # Choose the ball's graphic (opponent's side)
        ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballempty"
        enemyindex=i
        if @battle.doublebattle && i>=3
          enemyindex=(i%3)[email protected](1)
        end
        if enemyindex<@battle.party2.length && @battle.party2[enemyindex]
          if @battle.party2[enemyindex].hp<=0 || @battle.party2[enemyindex].isEgg?
            ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballfainted"
          elsif @battle.party2[enemyindex].status>0
            ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballstatus"
          else
            ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballnormal"
          end
        end
        pbAddSprite("enemy#{i}",
           @xposenemy-i*ballmovedist*6,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_Y,
           ballgraphic,@viewport)
        @sprites["enemy#{i}"].z=41
      end
      @partyAnimPhase=2
    end
    # Balls slide on
    if @partyAnimPhase==2
      for i in 0...6
        if @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x<PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL_GAP
          @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x+=ballmovedist
          @sprites["player#{i}"].x-=ballmovedist
          if @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL_GAP
            @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL_GAP
            @sprites["player#{i}"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL1_X+i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL_GAP
            if i==5
              @partyAnimPhase=3
            end
          end
        end
      end
    end
  end

def pbStartBattle(battle)
    # Called whenever the battle begins
    @battle=battle
    @lastcmd=[0,0,0,0]
    @lastmove=[0,0,0,0]
    @showingplayer=true
    @showingenemy=true
    @sprites.clear
    @viewport=Viewport.new(0,Graphics.height/2,Graphics.width,0)
    @viewport.z=99999
    @traineryoffset=(Graphics.height-320) # Adjust player's side for screen size
    @foeyoffset=(@traineryoffset*3/4).floor  # Adjust foe's side for screen size
    pbBackdrop
    pbAddSprite("partybarfoe",
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_X,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_Y,
       "Graphics/Pictures/battleLineup",@viewport)
    pbAddSprite("partybarplayer",
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBAR_X,
       PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBAR_Y,
       "Graphics/Pictures/battleLineup",@viewport)
    @sprites["partybarfoe"].x-=@sprites["partybarfoe"].bitmap.width
    @sprites["partybarplayer"].mirror=true
    @sprites["partybarfoe"].z=40
    @sprites["partybarplayer"].z=40
    @sprites["partybarfoe"].visible=false
    @sprites["partybarplayer"].visible=false
    if @battle.player.is_a?(Array)
      trainerfile=pbPlayerSpriteBackFile(@battle.player[0].trainertype)
      pbAddSprite("player",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINERD1_X,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINERD1_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
      trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteBackFile(@battle.player[1].trainertype)
      pbAddSprite("playerB",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINERD2_X,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINERD2_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
      if @sprites["player"].bitmap
        if @sprites["player"].bitmap.width>@sprites["player"].bitmap.height
          @sprites["player"].src_rect.width=@sprites["player"].bitmap.width/5
        end
        @sprites["player"].x-=(@sprites["player"].src_rect.width/2)
        @sprites["player"].y-=@sprites["player"].bitmap.height
        @sprites["player"].z=30
      end
      if @sprites["playerB"].bitmap
        if @sprites["playerB"].bitmap.width>@sprites["playerB"].bitmap.height
          @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=0
          @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.width=@sprites["playerB"].bitmap.width/5
        end
        @sprites["playerB"].x-=(@sprites["playerB"].src_rect.width/2)
        @sprites["playerB"].y-=@sprites["playerB"].bitmap.height
        @sprites["playerB"].z=31
      end
    else
      trainerfile=pbPlayerSpriteBackFile(@battle.player.trainertype)
      pbAddSprite("player",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINER_X,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINER_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
      if @sprites["player"].bitmap
          @sprites["player"].src_rect.width=@sprites["player"].bitmap.width/5
        end
        @sprites["player"].x-=(@sprites["player"].src_rect.width/2)
        @sprites["player"].y-=@sprites["player"].bitmap.height
        @sprites["player"].z=30
      end
    end
    if @battle.opponent
      if @battle.opponent.is_a?(Array)
        trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent[1].trainertype)
        pbAddSprite("trainer2",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINERD2_X,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINERD2_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
        trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent[0].trainertype)
        pbAddSprite("trainer",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINERD1_X,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINERD1_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
      else
        trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent.trainertype)
        pbAddSprite("trainer",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_X,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
      end
    else
      trainerfile="Graphics/Characters/trfront"
      pbAddSprite("trainer",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_X,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
    end
    if @sprites["trainer"].bitmap
      @sprites["trainer"].x-=(@sprites["trainer"].bitmap.width/2)
      @sprites["trainer"].y-=@sprites["trainer"].bitmap.height
      @sprites["trainer"].z=8
    end
    if @sprites["trainer2"] && @sprites["trainer2"].bitmap
      @sprites["trainer2"].x-=(@sprites["trainer2"].bitmap.width/2)
      @sprites["trainer2"].y-=@sprites["trainer2"].bitmap.height
      @sprites["trainer2"].z=7
    end
    @sprites["shadow0"]=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
    @sprites["shadow0"].z=3
    pbAddSprite("shadow1",0,0,"Graphics/Pictures/battleShadow",@viewport)
    @sprites["shadow1"].z=3
    @sprites["shadow1"].visible=false
    @sprites["pokemon0"]=PokemonBattlerSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,0,@viewport)
    @sprites["pokemon0"].z=21
    @sprites["pokemon1"]=PokemonBattlerSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,1,@viewport)
    @sprites["pokemon1"].z=16
    if battle.doublebattle
      @sprites["shadow2"]=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
      @sprites["shadow2"].z=3
      pbAddSprite("shadow3",0,0,"Graphics/Pictures/battleShadow",@viewport)
      @sprites["shadow3"].z=3
      @sprites["shadow3"].visible=false
      @sprites["pokemon2"]=PokemonBattlerSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,2,@viewport)
      @sprites["pokemon2"].z=26
      @sprites["pokemon3"]=PokemonBattlerSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,3,@viewport)
      @sprites["pokemon3"].z=11
    end
    @sprites["battlebox0"]=PokemonDataBox.new(battle.battlers[0],battle.doublebattle,@viewport)
    @sprites["battlebox1"]=PokemonDataBox.new(battle.battlers[1],battle.doublebattle,@viewport)
    if battle.doublebattle
      @sprites["battlebox2"]=PokemonDataBox.new(battle.battlers[2],battle.doublebattle,@viewport)
      @sprites["battlebox3"]=PokemonDataBox.new(battle.battlers[3],battle.doublebattle,@viewport)
    end
    pbAddSprite("messagebox",0,Graphics.height-96,"Graphics/Pictures/battleMessage",@viewport)
    @sprites["messagebox"].z=90
    @sprites["helpwindow"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize("",0,0,32,32,@viewport)
    @sprites["helpwindow"].visible=false
    @sprites["helpwindow"].z=90
    @sprites["messagewindow"]=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new("")
    @sprites["messagewindow"].letterbyletter=true
    @sprites["messagewindow"].viewport=@viewport
    @sprites["messagewindow"].z=100
    @sprites["commandwindow"]=CommandMenuDisplay.new(@viewport)
    @sprites["commandwindow"].z=100
    @sprites["fightwindow"]=FightMenuDisplay.new(nil,@viewport)
    @sprites["fightwindow"].z=100
    pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
    pbSetMessageMode(false)
    trainersprite1=@sprites["trainer"]
    trainersprite2=@sprites["trainer2"]
    if [email protected]
      @sprites["trainer"].visible=false
      if @battle.party2.length>=1
        if @battle.party2.length==1
          [email protected][0].species
          @sprites["pokemon1"].setPokemonBitmap(@battle.party2[0],false)
          @sprites["pokemon1"].tone=Tone.new(-128,-128,-128,-128)
          @sprites["pokemon1"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X
          @sprites["pokemon1"].x-=@sprites["pokemon1"].width/2
          @sprites["pokemon1"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
          @sprites["pokemon1"].y+=adjustBattleSpriteY(@sprites["pokemon1"],species,1)
          @sprites["pokemon1"].visible=true
          @sprites["shadow1"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X
          @sprites["shadow1"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
          @sprites["shadow1"].x-=@sprites["shadow1"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["shadow1"].bitmap!=nil
          @sprites["shadow1"].y-=@sprites["shadow1"].bitmap.height/2 if @sprites["shadow1"].bitmap!=nil
          @sprites["shadow1"].visible=showShadow?(species)
          trainersprite1=@sprites["pokemon1"]
        elsif @battle.party2.length==2
          [email protected][0].species
          @sprites["pokemon1"].setPokemonBitmap(@battle.party2[0],false)
          @sprites["pokemon1"].tone=Tone.new(-128,-128,-128,-128)
          @sprites["pokemon1"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X
          @sprites["pokemon1"].x-=@sprites["pokemon1"].width/2
          @sprites["pokemon1"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y
          @sprites["pokemon1"].y+=adjustBattleSpriteY(@sprites["pokemon1"],species,1)
          @sprites["pokemon1"].visible=true
          @sprites["shadow1"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X
          @sprites["shadow1"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y
          @sprites["shadow1"].x-=@sprites["shadow1"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["shadow1"].bitmap!=nil
          @sprites["shadow1"].y-=@sprites["shadow1"].bitmap.height/2 if @sprites["shadow1"].bitmap!=nil
          @sprites["shadow1"].visible=showShadow?(species)
          trainersprite1=@sprites["pokemon1"]
          [email protected][1].species
          @sprites["pokemon3"].setPokemonBitmap(@battle.party2[1],false)
          @sprites["pokemon3"].tone=Tone.new(-128,-128,-128,-128)
          @sprites["pokemon3"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X
          @sprites["pokemon3"].x-=@sprites["pokemon3"].width/2
          @sprites["pokemon3"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y
          @sprites["pokemon3"].y+=adjustBattleSpriteY(@sprites["pokemon3"],species,3)
          @sprites["pokemon3"].visible=true
          @sprites["shadow3"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X
          @sprites["shadow3"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y
          @sprites["shadow3"].x-=@sprites["shadow3"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["shadow3"].bitmap!=nil
          @sprites["shadow3"].y-=@sprites["shadow3"].bitmap.height/2 if @sprites["shadow3"].bitmap!=nil
          @sprites["shadow3"].visible=showShadow?(species)
          trainersprite2=@sprites["pokemon3"]
        end
      end
    end
    #################
    # Move trainers/bases/etc. off-screen
    oldx=[]
    oldx[0]=@sprites["playerbase"].x; @sprites["playerbase"].x+=Graphics.width
    oldx[1]=@sprites["player"].x; @sprites["player"].x+=Graphics.width
    if @sprites["playerB"]
      oldx[2]=@sprites["playerB"].x; @sprites["playerB"].x+=Graphics.width
    end
    oldx[3]=@sprites["enemybase"].x; @sprites["enemybase"].x-=Graphics.width
    oldx[4]=trainersprite1.x; trainersprite1.x-=Graphics.width
    if trainersprite2
      oldx[5]=trainersprite2.x; trainersprite2.x-=Graphics.width
    end
    oldx[6]=@sprites["shadow1"].x; @sprites["shadow1"].x-=Graphics.width
    if @sprites["shadow3"]
      oldx[7]=@sprites["shadow3"].x; @sprites["shadow3"].x-=Graphics.width
    end
    @sprites["partybarfoe"].x-=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_X
    @sprites["partybarplayer"].x+=Graphics.width-PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBAR_X
    #################
    appearspeed=12
    (1+Graphics.width/appearspeed).times do
      tobreak=true
      if @viewport.rect.y>0
        @viewport.rect.y-=appearspeed/2
        @viewport.rect.y=0 if @viewport.rect.y<0
        @viewport.rect.height+=appearspeed
        @viewport.rect.height=Graphics.height if @viewport.rect.height>Graphics.height
        tobreak=false
      end
      if !tobreak
        for i in @sprites
          i[1][email protected]
          i[1][email protected]
        end
      end
      if @sprites["playerbase"].x>oldx[0]
        @sprites["playerbase"].x-=appearspeed; tobreak=false
        @sprites["playerbase"].x=oldx[0] if @sprites["playerbase"].x<oldx[0]
      end
      if @sprites["player"].x>oldx[1]
        @sprites["player"].x-=appearspeed; tobreak=false
        @sprites["player"].x=oldx[1] if @sprites["player"].x<oldx[1]
      end
      if @sprites["playerB"] && @sprites["playerB"].x>oldx[2]
        @sprites["playerB"].x-=appearspeed; tobreak=false
        @sprites["playerB"].x=oldx[2] if @sprites["playerB"].x<oldx[2]
      end
      if @sprites["enemybase"].x<oldx[3]
        @sprites["enemybase"].x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
        @sprites["enemybase"].x=oldx[3] if @sprites["enemybase"].x>oldx[3]
      end
      if trainersprite1.x<oldx[4]
        trainersprite1.x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
        trainersprite1.x=oldx[4] if trainersprite1.x>oldx[4]
      end
      if trainersprite2 && trainersprite2.x<oldx[5]
        trainersprite2.x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
        trainersprite2.x=oldx[5] if trainersprite2.x>oldx[5]
      end
      if @sprites["shadow1"].x<oldx[6]
        @sprites["shadow1"].x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
        @sprites["shadow1"].x=oldx[6] if @sprites["shadow1"].x>oldx[6]
      end
      if @sprites["shadow3"] && @sprites["shadow3"].x<oldx[7]
        @sprites["shadow3"].x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
        @sprites["shadow3"].x=oldx[7] if @sprites["shadow3"].x>oldx[7]
      end
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if tobreak
    end
    #################
    # Play cry for wild Pokémon
    if [email protected]
      pbPlayCry(@battle.party2[0])
    end
    if @battle.opponent
      @enablePartyAnim=true
      @partyAnimPhase=0
      @sprites["partybarfoe"].visible=true
      @sprites["partybarplayer"].visible=true
    else
      @sprites["battlebox1"].appear
      @sprites["battlebox3"].appear if @battle.party2.length==2 
      appearing=true
      begin
        pbGraphicsUpdate
        pbInputUpdate
        @sprites["battlebox1"].update
        @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.red+=8 if @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.red<0
        @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.blue+=8 if @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.blue<0
        @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.green+=8 if @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.green<0
        @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.gray+=8 if @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.gray<0
        appearing=@sprites["battlebox1"].appearing
        if @battle.party2.length==2 
          @sprites["battlebox3"].update
          @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.red+=8 if @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.red<0
          @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.blue+=8 if @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.blue<0
          @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.green+=8 if @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.green<0
          @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.gray+=8 if @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.gray<0
          appearing=(appearing || @sprites["battlebox3"].appearing)
        end
      end while appearing
      # Show shiny animation for wild Pokémon
      if @battle.party2[0].isShiny? && @battle.battlescene
        pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[1],nil)
      end
      if @battle.party2.length==2
        if @battle.party2[1].isShiny? && @battle.battlescene
          pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[3],nil)
        end
      end
    end
  end

def pbEndBattle(result)
    @abortable=false
    pbShowWindow(BLANK)
    # Fade out all sprites
    pbBGMFade(1.0)
    pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
    pbDisposeSprites
  end

def pbRecall(battlerindex)
    @briefmessage=false
    if @battle.pbIsOpposing?(battlerindex)
      origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
      if @battle.doublebattle
        origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y if battlerindex==1
        origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y if battlerindex==3
      end
      @sprites["shadow#{battlerindex}"].visible=false
    else
      origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y
      if @battle.doublebattle
        origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y if battlerindex==0
        origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y if battlerindex==2
      end
    end
    spritePoke=@sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"]
    center=getSpriteCenter(spritePoke)
    # starting positions
    picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,center[0],center[1])
    # directives
#    picturePoke.moveTone(10,1,Tone.new(0,-224,-224,0))
    picturePoke.moveTone(10,1,Tone.new(248,248,248,248))
    picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,0)
    picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,center[0],origin)
    picturePoke.moveVisible(picturePoke.totalDuration,false)
    picturePoke.moveTone(0,picturePoke.totalDuration,Tone.new(0,0,0,0))
    loop do
      picturePoke.update
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if !picturePoke.running?
    end
  end

def pbTrainerSendOut(battlerindex,pkmn)
    @briefmessage=false
    fadeanim=nil
    while inPartyAnimation?; end
    if @showingenemy
      fadeanim=TrainerFadeAnimation.new(@sprites)
    end
    frame=0
    @sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"].setPokemonBitmap(pkmn,false)
    sendout=PokeballSendOutAnimation.new(@sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"],
       @sprites,@battle.battlers[battlerindex],@battle.doublebattle)
    loop do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      fadeanim.update if fadeanim
      frame+=1    
      if frame==1
        @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appear
      end
      if frame>=10
        sendout.update
      end
      @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].update
      break if (!fadeanim || fadeanim.animdone?) && sendout.animdone? &&
         !@sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appearing
    end
    if @battle.battlers[battlerindex].pokemon.isShiny? && @battle.battlescene
      pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[battlerindex],nil)
    end
    sendout.dispose
    if @showingenemy
      @showingenemy=false
      pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"trainer")
      pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"partybarfoe")
      for i in 0...6
        pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"enemy#{i}")
      end
    end
    pbRefresh
  end

def pbSendOut(battlerindex,pkmn) # Player sending out Pokémon
    while inPartyAnimation?; end
    balltype=pkmn.ballused
    ballbitmap=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d",balltype)
    pictureBall=PictureEx.new(32)
    delay=1
    pictureBall.moveVisible(delay,true)
    pictureBall.moveName(delay,ballbitmap)
    pictureBall.moveOrigin(delay,PictureOrigin::Center)
    # Setting the ball's movement path
    path=[[0,   146], [10,  134], [21,  122], [30,  112], 
          [39,  104], [46,   99], [53,   95], [61,   93], 
          [68,   93], [75,   96], [82,  102], [89,  111], 
          [94,  121], [100, 134], [106, 150], [111, 166], 
          [116, 183], [120, 199], [124, 216], [127, 238]]
    spriteBall.visible=false
    angle=0
    multiplier=1.0
    if @battle.doublebattle
      multiplier=(battlerindex==0) ? 0.7 : 1.3
    end
    for coord in path
      pictureBall.moveAngle(0,delay,angle)
      pictureBall.moveXY(1,delay,coord[0]*multiplier,coord[1])
      angle+=40
      angle%=360
    end
    pictureBall.adjustPosition(0,@traineryoffset)
    @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].visible=false
    @briefmessage=false
    fadeanim=nil
    if @showingplayer
      fadeanim=PlayerFadeAnimation.new(@sprites)
    end
    frame=0
    @sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"].setPokemonBitmap(pkmn,true)
    sendout=PokeballPlayerSendOutAnimation.new(@sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"],
       @sprites,@battle.battlers[battlerindex],@battle.doublebattle)
    loop do
      fadeanim.update if fadeanim
      frame+=1
      if frame>1 && !pictureBall.running? && !@sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appearing
        @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appear
      end
      if frame>=3 && !pictureBall.running?
        sendout.update
      end
      if (frame>=10 || !fadeanim) && pictureBall.running?
        pictureBall.update
      end
      @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].update
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if (!fadeanim || fadeanim.animdone?) && sendout.animdone? &&
         !@sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appearing
    end
    spriteBall.dispose
    sendout.dispose
    if @battle.battlers[battlerindex].pokemon.isShiny? && @battle.battlescene
      pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[battlerindex],nil)
    end
    if @showingplayer
      @showingplayer=false
      pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"player")
      pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"partybarplayer")
      for i in 0...6
        pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"player#{i}")
      end
    end
    pbRefresh
  end

def pbTrainerWithdraw(battle,pkmn)
    pbRefresh
  end

def pbWithdraw(battle,pkmn)
    pbRefresh
  end

def pbMoveString(move)
    ret=_INTL("{1}",move.name)
    typename=PBTypes.getName(move.type)
    if move.id>0
      ret+=_INTL(" ({1}) PP: {2}/{3}",typename,move.pp,move.totalpp)
    end
    return ret
  end

def pbBeginAttackPhase
    pbSelectBattler(-1)
    pbGraphicsUpdate
  end

def pbSafariStart
    @briefmessage=false
    @sprites["battlebox0"]=SafariDataBox.new(@battle,@viewport)
    @sprites["battlebox0"].appear
    loop do
      @sprites["battlebox0"].update
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if !@sprites["battlebox0"].appearing
    end
    pbRefresh
  end

def pbResetCommandIndices
    @lastcmd=[0,0,0,0]
  end

def pbResetMoveIndex(index)
    @lastmove[index]=0
  end

def pbSafariCommandMenu(index)
    pbCommandMenuEx(index,[
       _INTL("What will\n{1} throw?",@battle.pbPlayer.name),
       _INTL("Ball"),
       _INTL("Bait"),
       _INTL("Rock"),
       _INTL("Run")
    ],2)
  end

# Use this method to display the list of commands.
# Return values: 0=Fight, 1=Bag, 2=Pokémon, 3=Run, 4=Call
  def pbCommandMenu(index)
    shadowTrainer=(hasConst?(PBTypes,:SHADOW) && @battle.opponent)
    ret=pbCommandMenuEx(index,[
       _INTL("What will\n{1} do?",@battle.battlers[index].name),
       _INTL("Fight"),
       _INTL("Bag"),
       _INTL("Pokémon"),
       shadowTrainer ? _INTL("Call") : _INTL("Run")
    ],(shadowTrainer ? 1 : 0))
    ret=4 if ret==3 && shadowTrainer   # Convert "Run" to "Call"
    return ret
  end

def pbCommandMenuEx(index,texts,mode=0)      # Mode: 0 - regular battle
    pbShowWindow(COMMANDBOX)                   #       1 - Shadow Pokémon battle
    cw=@sprites["commandwindow"]               #       2 - Safari Zone
    cw.setTexts(texts)                         #       3 - Bug Catching Contest
    cw.index=@lastcmd[index]
    cw.mode=mode
    pbSelectBattler(index)
    pbRefresh
    loop do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      pbFrameUpdate(cw)
      # Update selected command
      if Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT) && (cw.index&1)==1
        pbPlayCursorSE()
        cw.index-=1
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT) &&  (cw.index&1)==0
        pbPlayCursorSE()
        cw.index+=1
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::UP) &&  (cw.index&2)==2
        pbPlayCursorSE()
        cw.index-=2
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN) &&  (cw.index&2)==0
        pbPlayCursorSE()
        cw.index+=2
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::C)   # Confirm choice
        pbPlayDecisionSE()
        ret=cw.index
        @lastcmd[index]=ret
        return ret
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::B) && index==2 && @lastcmd[0]!=2 # Cancel
        pbPlayDecisionSE()
        return -1
      end
    end 
  end

# Use this method to display the list of moves for a Pokémon
  def pbFightMenu(index)
    pbShowWindow(FIGHTBOX)
    cw = @sprites["fightwindow"]
    [email protected][index]
    cw.battler=battler
    lastIndex=@lastmove[index]
    if battler.moves[lastIndex].id!=0
      cw.setIndex(lastIndex)
    else
      cw.setIndex(0)
    end
    cw.megaButton=0
    cw.megaButton=1 if @battle.pbCanMegaEvolve?(index)
    pbSelectBattler(index)
    pbRefresh
    loop do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      pbFrameUpdate(cw)
      # Update selected command
      if Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT) && (cw.index&1)==1
        pbPlayCursorSE() if cw.setIndex(cw.index-1)
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT) &&  (cw.index&1)==0
        pbPlayCursorSE() if cw.setIndex(cw.index+1)
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::UP) &&  (cw.index&2)==2
        pbPlayCursorSE() if cw.setIndex(cw.index-2)
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN) &&  (cw.index&2)==0
        pbPlayCursorSE() if cw.setIndex(cw.index+2)
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::C)   # Confirm choice
        ret=cw.index
        pbPlayDecisionSE() 
        @lastmove[index]=ret
        return ret
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::A)   # Use Mega Evolution
        if @battle.pbCanMegaEvolve?(index)
          @battle.pbRegisterMegaEvolution(index)
          cw.megaButton=2
          pbPlayDecisionSE()
        end
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::B)   # Cancel fight menu
        @lastmove[index]=cw.index
        pbPlayCancelSE()
        return -1
      end
    end
  end

# Use this method to display the inventory
# The return value is the item chosen, or 0 if the choice was canceled.
  def pbItemMenu(index)
    ret=0
    retindex=-1
    pkmnid=-1
    endscene=true
    oldsprites=pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
    itemscene=PokemonBag_Scene.new
    itemscene.pbStartScene($PokemonBag)
    loop do
      item=itemscene.pbChooseItem
      break if item==0
      usetype=$ItemData[item][ITEMBATTLEUSE]
      cmdUse=-1
      commands=[]
      if usetype==0
        commands[commands.length]=_INTL("Cancel")
      else
        commands[cmdUse=commands.length]=_INTL("Use")
      end
      itemname=PBItems.getName(item)
      command=itemscene.pbShowCommands(_INTL("{1} is selected.",itemname),commands)
      if cmdUse>=0 && command==cmdUse
        if usetype==1 || usetype==3
          modparty=[]
          for i in 0...6
            modparty.push(@battle.party1[@battle.partyorder[i]])
          end
          pkmnlist=PokemonScreen_Scene.new
          pkmnscreen=PokemonScreen.new(pkmnlist,modparty)
          itemscene.pbEndScene
          pkmnscreen.pbStartScene(_INTL("Use on which Pokémon?"),@battle.doublebattle)
          activecmd=pkmnscreen.pbChoosePokemon
          [email protected][activecmd]
          if activecmd>=0 && pkmnid>=0 && ItemHandlers.hasBattleUseOnPokemon(item)
            pkmnlist.pbEndScene
            ret=item
            retindex=pkmnid
            endscene=false
            break
          end
          pkmnlist.pbEndScene
          itemscene.pbStartScene($PokemonBag)
        elsif usetype==2 || usetype==4
          if ItemHandlers.hasBattleUseOnBattler(item)
            ret=item
            retindex=index
            break
          end
        end
      end
    end
    pbConsumeItemInBattle($PokemonBag,ret) if ret>0
    itemscene.pbEndScene if endscene
    pbFadeInAndShow(@sprites,oldsprites)
    return [ret,retindex]
  end

# Called whenever a Pokémon should forget a move.  It should return -1 if the
# selection is canceled, or 0 to 3 to indicate the move to forget.  The function
# should not allow HM moves to be forgotten.
  def pbForgetMove(pokemon,moveToLearn)
    ret=-1
    pbFadeOutIn(99999){
       scene=PokemonSummaryScene.new
       screen=PokemonSummary.new(scene)
       ret=screen.pbStartForgetScreen([pokemon],0,moveToLearn)
    }
    return ret
  end

# Called whenever a Pokémon needs one of its moves chosen. Used for Ether.
  def pbChooseMove(pokemon,message)
    ret=-1
    pbFadeOutIn(99999){
       scene=PokemonSummaryScene.new
       screen=PokemonSummary.new(scene)
       ret=screen.pbStartChooseMoveScreen([pokemon],0,message)
    }
    return ret
  end

def pbNameEntry(helptext,pokemon)
    return pbEnterPokemonName(helptext,0,10,"",pokemon)
  end

def pbSelectBattler(index,selectmode=1)
    [email protected] ? 4 : 2
    for i in 0...numwindows
      sprite=@sprites["battlebox#{i}"]
      sprite.selected=(i==index) ? selectmode : 0
      sprite=@sprites["pokemon#{i}"]
      sprite.selected=(i==index) ? selectmode : 0
    end
  end

def pbFirstTarget(index)
    for i in 0...4
      if i!=index && [email protected][i].isFainted? && 
         @battle.battlers[index].pbIsOpposing?(i)
        return i
      end  
    end
    return -1
  end

def pbUpdateSelected(index)
    [email protected] ? 4 : 2
    for i in 0...numwindows
      if i==index
        @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].selected=2
        @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].selected=2
      else
        @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].selected=0
        @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].selected=0
      end
      @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].update
      @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].update
    end
  end

# Use this method to make the player choose a target 
# for certain moves in double battles.
  def pbChooseTarget(index)
    pbShowWindow(FIGHTBOX)
    curwindow=pbFirstTarget(index)
    if curwindow==-1
      raise RuntimeError.new(_INTL("No targets somehow..."))
    end
    loop do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      pbUpdateSelected(curwindow)
      if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
        pbUpdateSelected(-1)
        return curwindow
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
        pbUpdateSelected(-1)
        return -1
      end
      if curwindow>=0
        if Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT) || Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN)
          loop do
            newcurwindow=3 if curwindow==0
            newcurwindow=1 if curwindow==3
            newcurwindow=2 if curwindow==1
            newcurwindow=0 if curwindow==2
            curwindow=newcurwindow
            next if curwindow==index
            break if [email protected][curwindow].isFainted?
          end
        elsif Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT) || Input.trigger?(Input::UP)
          loop do 
            newcurwindow=2 if curwindow==0
            newcurwindow=1 if curwindow==2
            newcurwindow=3 if curwindow==1
            newcurwindow=0 if curwindow==3
            curwindow=newcurwindow
            next if curwindow==index
            break if [email protected][curwindow].isFainted?
          end
        end
      end
    end
  end

def pbSwitch(index,lax,cancancel)
    [email protected](index)
    [email protected]
    ret=-1
    # Fade out and hide all sprites
    visiblesprites=pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
    pbShowWindow(BLANK)
    pbSetMessageMode(true)
    modparty=[]
    for i in 0...6
      modparty.push(party[partypos[i]])
    end
    scene=PokemonScreen_Scene.new
    @switchscreen=PokemonScreen.new(scene,modparty)
    @switchscreen.pbStartScene(_INTL("Choose a Pokémon."),
       @battle.doublebattle && [email protected])
    loop do
      scene.pbSetHelpText(_INTL("Choose a Pokémon."))
      [email protected]
      if cancancel && activecmd==-1
        ret=-1
        break
      end
      if activecmd>=0
        commands=[]
        cmdShift=-1
        cmdSummary=-1
        pkmnindex=partypos[activecmd]
        commands[cmdShift=commands.length]=_INTL("Switch In") if !party[pkmnindex].isEgg?
        commands[cmdSummary=commands.length]=_INTL("Summary")
        command=scene.pbShowCommands(_INTL("Do what with {1}?",party[pkmnindex].name),commands)
        if cmdShift>=0 && command==cmdShift
          canswitch=lax ? @battle.pbCanSwitchLax?(index,pkmnindex,true) :
             @battle.pbCanSwitch?(index,pkmnindex,true)
          if canswitch
            ret=pkmnindex
            break
          end
        elsif cmdSummary>=0 && command==cmdSummary
          scene.pbSummary(activecmd)
        end
      end
    end
    @switchscreen.pbEndScene
    @switchscreen=nil
    pbShowWindow(BLANK)
    pbSetMessageMode(false)
    # back to main battle screen
    pbFadeInAndShow(@sprites,visiblesprites)
    return ret
  end

def pbDamageAnimation(pkmn,effectiveness)
    pkmnsprite=@sprites["pokemon#{pkmn.index}"]
    shadowsprite=@sprites["shadow#{pkmn.index}"]
    sprite=@sprites["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"]
    oldshadowvisible=shadowsprite.visible
    oldvisible=sprite.visible
    sprite.selected=2
    @briefmessage=false
    6.times do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
    end
    case effectiveness
    when 0
      pbSEPlay("normaldamage")
    when 1
      pbSEPlay("notverydamage")
    when 2
      pbSEPlay("superdamage")
    end
    8.times do
      pkmnsprite.visible=!pkmnsprite.visible
      if oldshadowvisible
        shadowsprite.visible=!shadowsprite.visible
      end
      4.times do
        pbGraphicsUpdate
        pbInputUpdate
        sprite.update
      end
    end
    sprite.selected=0
    sprite.visible=oldvisible
  end

# This method is called whenever a Pokémon's HP changes.
# Used to animate the HP bar.
  def pbHPChanged(pkmn,oldhp,anim=false)
    @briefmessage=false
    hpchange=pkmn.hp-oldhp
    if hpchange<0
      hpchange=-hpchange
      PBDebug.log("[#{pkmn.pbThis} lost #{hpchange} HP (#{oldhp}=>#{pkmn.hp})]")
    else
      PBDebug.log("[#{pkmn.pbThis} gained #{hpchange} HP (#{oldhp}=>#{pkmn.hp})]")
    end
    if anim && @battle.battlescene
      if pkmn.hp>oldhp
        pbCommonAnimation("HealthUp",pkmn,nil)
      elsif pkmn.hp<oldhp
        pbCommonAnimation("HealthDown",pkmn,nil)
      end
    end
    sprite=@sprites["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"]
    sprite.animateHP(oldhp,pkmn.hp)
    while sprite.animatingHP
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      sprite.update
    end
  end

# This method is called whenever a Pokémon faints.
  def pbFainted(pkmn)
    frames=pbCryFrameLength(pkmn.pokemon)
    pbPlayCry(pkmn.pokemon)
    frames.times do
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
    end
    @sprites["shadow#{pkmn.index}"].visible=false
    pkmnsprite=@sprites["pokemon#{pkmn.index}"]
    ycoord=0
    if @battle.doublebattle
      ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==0
      ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==1
      ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==2
      ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==3
    else
      if @battle.pbIsOpposing?(pkmn.index)
        ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
      else
        ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y
      end
    end
    pbSEPlay("faint")
    loop do
      pkmnsprite.y+=8
      if pkmnsprite.y-pkmnsprite.oy+pkmnsprite.src_rect.height>=ycoord
        pkmnsprite.src_rect.height=ycoord-pkmnsprite.y+pkmnsprite.oy
      end
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if pkmnsprite.y>=ycoord
    end
    8.times do
      @sprites["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"].opacity-=32
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
    end
    @sprites["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"].visible=false
    pkmn.pbResetForm
  end

# Use this method to choose a command for the enemy.
  def pbChooseEnemyCommand(index)
    @battle.pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand(index)
  end

# Use this method to choose a new Pokémon for the enemy
# The enemy's party is guaranteed to have at least one choosable member.
  def pbChooseNewEnemy(index,party)
    @battle.pbDefaultChooseNewEnemy(index,party)
  end

# This method is called when the player wins a wild Pokémon battle.
# This method can change the battle's music for example.
  def pbWildBattleSuccess
    pbBGMPlay(pbGetWildVictoryME())
  end

# This method is called when the player wins a Trainer battle.
# This method can change the battle's music for example.
  def pbTrainerBattleSuccess
    pbBGMPlay(pbGetTrainerVictoryME(@battle.opponent))
  end

def pbEXPBar(pokemon,battler,startexp,endexp,tempexp1,tempexp2)
    if battler
      @sprites["battlebox#{battler.index}"].refreshExpLevel
      exprange=(endexp-startexp)
      startexplevel=0
      endexplevel=0
      if exprange!=0
        startexplevel=(tempexp1-startexp)*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/exprange
        endexplevel=(tempexp2-startexp)*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/exprange
      end
      @sprites["battlebox#{battler.index}"].animateEXP(startexplevel,endexplevel)
      while @sprites["battlebox#{battler.index}"].animatingEXP
        pbGraphicsUpdate
        pbInputUpdate
        @sprites["battlebox#{battler.index}"].update
      end
    end
  end

def pbShowPokedex(species)
    pbFadeOutIn(99999){
       scene=PokemonPokedexScene.new
       screen=PokemonPokedex.new(scene)
       screen.pbDexEntry(species)
    }
  end

def pbChangeSpecies(attacker,species)
    pkmn=@sprites["pokemon#{attacker.index}"]
    shadow=@sprites["shadow#{attacker.index}"]
    [email protected]?(attacker.index)
    pkmn.setPokemonBitmapSpecies(attacker.pokemon,species,back)
    pkmn.x=-pkmn.bitmap.width/2
    pkmn.y=adjustBattleSpriteY(pkmn,species,attacker.index)
    if @battle.doublebattle
      case attacker.index
      when 0
        pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_X
        pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y
      when 1
        pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X
        pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y
      when 2
        pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_X
        pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y
      when 3
        pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X
        pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y
      end
    else
      pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_X if attacker.index==0
      pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y if attacker.index==0
      pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X if attacker.index==1
      pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y if attacker.index==1
    end
    if shadow && !back
      shadow.visible=showShadow?(species)
    end
  end

def pbChangePokemon(attacker,pokemon)
    pkmn=@sprites["pokemon#{attacker.index}"]
    shadow=@sprites["shadow#{attacker.index}"]
    [email protected]?(attacker.index)
    pkmn.setPokemonBitmap(pokemon,back)
    pkmn.x=-pkmn.bitmap.width/2
    pkmn.y=adjustBattleSpriteY(pkmn,pokemon.species,attacker.index)
    if @battle.doublebattle
      case attacker.index
      when 0
        pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_X
        pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y
      when 1
        pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X
        pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y
      when 2
        pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_X
        pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y
      when 3
        pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X
        pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y
      end
    else
      pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_X if attacker.index==0
      pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y if attacker.index==0
      pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X if attacker.index==1
      pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y if attacker.index==1
    end
    if shadow && !back
      shadow.visible=showShadow?(pokemon.species)
    end
  end

def pbSaveShadows
    shadows=[]
    for i in 0...4
      s=@sprites["shadow#{i}"]
      shadows[i]=s ? s.visible : false
      s.visible=false if s
    end
    yield
    for i in 0...4
      s=@sprites["shadow#{i}"]
      s.visible=shadows[i] if s
    end
  end

def pbFindAnimation(moveid,userIndex,hitnum)
    begin
      move2anim=load_data("Data/move2anim.dat")
      noflip=false
      if (userIndex&1)==0   # On player's side
        anim=move2anim[0][moveid]
      else                  # On opposing side
        anim=move2anim[1][moveid]
        noflip=true if anim
        anim=move2anim[0][moveid] if !anim
      end
      return [anim+hitnum,noflip] if anim
      if hasConst?(PBMoves,:TACKLE)
        anim=move2anim[0][getConst(PBMoves,:TACKLE)]
        return [anim,false] if anim
      end
    rescue
      return nil
    end
    return nil
  end

def pbCommonAnimation(animname,user,target,hitnum=0)
    animations=load_data("Data/PkmnAnimations.rxdata")
    for i in 0...animations.length
      if animations[i] && animations[i].name=="Common:"+animname
        pbAnimationCore(animations[i],user,(target!=nil) ? target : user)
        return
      end
    end
  end

def pbAnimation(moveid,user,target,hitnum=0)
    animid=pbFindAnimation(moveid,user.index,hitnum)
    return if !animid
    anim=animid[0]
    pbSaveShadows {
       if animid[1] # On opposing side and using OppMove animation
         pbAnimationCore(animations[anim],target,user,true)
       else         # On player's side, and/or using Move animation
         pbAnimationCore(animations[anim],user,target)
       end
    }
    if PBMoveData.new(moveid).function==0x69 && user && target # Transform
      # Change form to transformed version
      pbChangePokemon(user,target.pokemon)
    end
  end

def pbAnimationCore(animation,user,target,oppmove=false)
    return if !animation
    @briefmessage=false
    usersprite=(user) ? @sprites["pokemon#{user.index}"] : nil
    targetsprite=(target) ? @sprites["pokemon#{target.index}"] : nil
    olduserx=usersprite ? usersprite.x : 0
    oldusery=usersprite ? usersprite.y : 0
    oldtargetx=targetsprite ? targetsprite.x : 0
    oldtargety=targetsprite ? targetsprite.y : 0
    if !targetsprite
      target=user if !target
      animplayer=PBAnimationPlayerX.new(animation,user,target,self,oppmove)
      userwidth=(!usersprite || !usersprite.bitmap || usersprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : usersprite.bitmap.width
      userheight=(!usersprite || !usersprite.bitmap || usersprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : usersprite.bitmap.height
      animplayer.setLineTransform(
         PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSUSER_X,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSUSER_Y,
         PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSTARGET_X,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSTARGET_Y,
         olduserx+(userwidth/2),oldusery+(userheight/2),
         olduserx+(userwidth/2),oldusery+(userheight/2))
    else
      animplayer=PBAnimationPlayerX.new(animation,user,target,self,oppmove)
      userwidth=(!usersprite || !usersprite.bitmap || usersprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : usersprite.bitmap.width
      userheight=(!usersprite || !usersprite.bitmap || usersprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : usersprite.bitmap.height
      targetwidth=(!targetsprite.bitmap || targetsprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : targetsprite.bitmap.width
      targetheight=(!targetsprite.bitmap || targetsprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : targetsprite.bitmap.height
      animplayer.setLineTransform(
         PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSUSER_X,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSUSER_Y,
         PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSTARGET_X,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSTARGET_Y,
         olduserx+(userwidth/2),oldusery+(userheight/2),
         oldtargetx+(targetwidth/2),oldtargety+(targetheight/2))
    end
    animplayer.start
    while animplayer.playing?
      animplayer.update
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
    end
    usersprite.ox=0 if usersprite
    usersprite.oy=0 if usersprite
    usersprite.x=olduserx if usersprite
    usersprite.y=oldusery if usersprite
    targetsprite.ox=0 if targetsprite
    targetsprite.oy=0 if targetsprite
    targetsprite.x=oldtargetx if targetsprite
    targetsprite.y=oldtargety if targetsprite
    animplayer.dispose
  end

def pbLevelUp(pokemon,battler,oldtotalhp,oldattack,olddefense,oldspeed,
                oldspatk,oldspdef)
    pbTopRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP<r>+{1}\r\nAttack<r>+{2}\r\nDefense<r>+{3}\r\nSp. Atk<r>+{4}\r\nSp. Def<r>+{5}\r\nSpeed<r>+{6}",
       pokemon.totalhp-oldtotalhp,
       pokemon.attack-oldattack,
       pokemon.defense-olddefense,
       pokemon.spatk-oldspatk,
       pokemon.spdef-oldspdef,
       pokemon.speed-oldspeed))
    pbTopRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP<r>{1}\r\nAttack<r>{2}\r\nDefense<r>{3}\r\nSp. Atk<r>{4}\r\nSp. Def<r>{5}\r\nSpeed<r>{6}",
       pokemon.totalhp,pokemon.attack,pokemon.defense,pokemon.spatk,pokemon.spdef,pokemon.speed))
  end

def pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,targetBattler)
    @briefmessage=false
    balltype=pbGetBallType(ball)
    ball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d",balltype)
    # sprite
    spriteBall.visible=false
    # picture
    pictureBall=PictureEx.new(@sprites["pokemon#{targetBattler}"].z+1)
    center=getSpriteCenter(@sprites["pokemon#{targetBattler}"])
    # starting positions
    pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,10,180)
    # directives
    pictureBall.moveSE(1,"Audio/SE/throw")
    pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,150,70,30+Graphics.width/2,10,center[0],center[1])
    pictureBall.moveAngle(30,1,-1080)
    pictureBall.moveSE(delay,"Audio/SE/balldrop")
    pictureBall.moveXY(20,delay,0,Graphics.height)
    loop do
      pictureBall.update
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if !pictureBall.running?
    end
    spriteBall.dispose
  end

def pbThrow(ball,shakes,targetBattler,showplayer=false)
    @briefmessage=false
    burst=-1
    for i in 0...2
      t=(i==0) ? ball : 0
      for j in 0...animations.length
        if animations[j]
          if animations[j].name=="Common:BallBurst#{t}"
            burst=t if burst<0
            break
          end
        end
      end
      break if burst>=0
    end
    pokeballThrow(ball,shakes,targetBattler,self,@battle.battlers[targetBattler],burst,showplayer)
  end

def pbThrowSuccess
    if [email protected]
      @briefmessage=false
      pbMEPlay("Jingle - HMTM")
      frames=(3.5*Graphics.frame_rate).to_i
      frames.times do
        pbGraphicsUpdate
        pbInputUpdate
      end
    end
  end

def pbHideCaptureBall
    if @sprites["capture"]
      loop do
        break if @sprites["capture"].opacity<=0
        @sprites["capture"].opacity-=12
        pbGraphicsUpdate
        pbInputUpdate
      end
    end
  end

def pbThrowBait
    @briefmessage=false
    ball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/battleBait")
    armanim=false
      armanim=true
    end
    # sprites
    spritePoke=@sprites["pokemon1"]
    spritePlayer=@sprites["player"]
    spriteBall.visible=false
    # pictures
    pokecenter=getSpriteCenter(@sprites["pokemon1"])
    # starting positions
    picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
    picturePlayer.moveName(1,@sprites["player"].name)
    # directives
    pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,64,256,Graphics.width/2,48,
                          PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X-48,
                          PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y)
    if armanim
    end
    # Show Pokémon jumping before eating the bait
    picturePoke.moveSE(50,"Audio/SE/jump")
    picturePoke.moveXY(8,50,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1]-8)
    picturePoke.moveXY(8,58,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
    pictureBall.moveVisible(66,false)
    picturePoke.moveSE(66,"Audio/SE/jump")
    picturePoke.moveXY(8,66,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1]-8)
    picturePoke.moveXY(8,74,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
    # TODO: Show Pokémon eating the bait (pivots at the bottom right corner)
    loop do
      pictureBall.update
      picturePoke.update
      picturePlayer.update
      setPictureIconSprite(spritePlayer,picturePlayer)
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if !pictureBall.running? && !picturePoke.running? && !picturePlayer.running?
    end
    spriteBall.dispose
  end

def pbThrowRock
    @briefmessage=false
    ball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/battleRock")
    anger=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/battleAnger")
    armanim=false
      armanim=true
    end
    # sprites
    spritePoke=@sprites["pokemon1"]
    spritePlayer=@sprites["player"]
    spriteBall.visible=false
    spriteAnger=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
    spriteAnger.visible=false
    # pictures
    pictureAnger=PictureEx.new(spritePoke.z+1)
    pokecenter=getSpriteCenter(@sprites["pokemon1"])
    # starting positions
    picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
    picturePlayer.moveName(1,@sprites["player"].name)
    pictureAnger.moveVisible(1,false)
    pictureAnger.moveName(1,anger)
    pictureAnger.moveXY(0,1,pokecenter[0]-56,pokecenter[1]-48)
    pictureAnger.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::Center)
    pictureAnger.moveZoom(0,1,100)
    # directives
    pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,64,256,Graphics.width/2,48,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
    pictureBall.moveSE(30,"Audio/SE/notverydamage")
    if armanim
    end
    pictureBall.moveVisible(40,false)
    # Show Pokémon being angry
    pictureAnger.moveSE(48,"Audio/SE/jump")
    pictureAnger.moveVisible(48,true)
    pictureAnger.moveZoom(8,48,130)
    pictureAnger.moveZoom(8,56,100)
    pictureAnger.moveXY(0,64,pokecenter[0]+56,pokecenter[1]-64)
    pictureAnger.moveSE(64,"Audio/SE/jump")
    pictureAnger.moveZoom(8,64,130)
    pictureAnger.moveZoom(8,72,100)
    pictureAnger.moveVisible(80,false)
    loop do
      pictureBall.update
      picturePoke.update
      picturePlayer.update
      pictureAnger.update
      setPictureIconSprite(spritePlayer,picturePlayer)
      setPictureIconSprite(spriteAnger,pictureAnger)
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if !pictureBall.running? && !picturePoke.running? &&
               !picturePlayer.running? && !pictureAnger.running?
    end
    spriteBall.dispose
  end
end

load up yor game and sprites should be where there supposed too

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 20, 2015
I'm getting the message "Script 'PokeBattle_Scene' line 189: SytaxError Occurred" when I try to load the game

Back