• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

proper pokemon game for wii

irishcharizard

i am king of bouncing bananas
Years
  • Hey who else thinks that there sholud be a proper pokemon game made for the wii and by proper i mean like the gameboy/DS series.
    it could be a 3D adventure game on wii just like the handhedld games.
    Anyone else agree?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I agree that they should make a Pokemon Game like that, but, ~Iatos_Haunted~, I think a G/S Remake would do best on the DS.

They could make a one off version for the Wii that contains all of the regions.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I agree totally and completely. I think if they do a G/S remake, it should be on the wii.
    I'd say that that would be unlikely at best. Firstly, unlike Colosseum/XD/PBR which was made by Genius Sonority, GSC had been made by Game Freak, who made all of the other main handheld games. If a GS remake did happen (which ain't confirmed by any means but is possible), it would be made by Game Freak, and on a platform they are familiar with and work with - the DS. Besides, the core titles of Pokemon end up being the handheld games in the end as well.
    ya if they goin to make a big game on the wii it should contain all the regions that would be great
    Also very unfeasible, if you look at it from Nintendo's perspective. So far, they have had great success in selling the Pokemon games which have at most one new region each - GSC had Johto and Kanto - revisited. The make millions of sales from each game - and this ensures long-term survivability and all that jazz. So why suddenly make one super-game with every single region?

If you did that, than despite the short-terms sales (that won't be much better than what they are already), sales would suffer long term - it'd be, for instance, far harder to promote new games - players would easily think 'why get this new game when I have this one with EVERY SINGLE REGION!'.

If you look at how hard it'd be to make it as well... although we all have the thought of how great it is, if one looks at all of the things that would have to be considered to make such a game, it looks like a very tough thing to realistically pull off.

And the main killer - memory constraints. Look at GSC - Kanto was visibly downsized because they couldn't really fit anymore into it. Brawl had both sides of the disk filled up or so I heard - and although the DS games have more memory than the GBC games, they have a lot more to fill up. When you get right down to it - nowadays it has to store data for nearly 500 different Pokemon and all their moves and where you can get them and all that stuff - then graphics, and maps... which takes up a lot already. Two regions might be possible to fit, but all of them on either a Wii or DS game? I'd doubt it, personally...

Besides - Nintendo like sticking to what works. And releasing games with one new region each does - same as the same old plot (get starter Pokemon, catch them all, beat 8 gyms, beat the champion, insert subplot involving legendaries/evil Team X) - which they've done ever since RBY in every core handheld game since. And it does still sell ridiculously well.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • Of course, especially after dissapointing pbr. But i think it should be a new region. With better and characers that look like they are from pkmn.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Though I agree about there needing to be a good Pokemon game for the Wii, I have to agree with bobandbill that a G/S Remake, if done, would be made on the DS, rather than the Wii and a game with every Region would make past and future Pokemon games almost completely redundant.

In the long run, we're likely to see another game similar to Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, though it is entirely possible they may try to enhance the ability to capture Wild Pokemon, like they attempted to incorporate it into XD: Gale of Darkness. In a horrible way I'll admit, but they may hopefully be fixing that, if they do bring out another game like that.

Where Gym Leaders and the Elite Four are the hand helds' series, Shadow Pokemon/Colosseum-based battles are the Home Entertainment Systems' series, in a way.

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
  • I totallly agree there should be a game, like a regular pokemon rpg.. It would be soo fun. But one thing, that would mess me upp.. Well. I like the whole handheld thing because its portable,, wii,, not so portable.. 0.0

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I totallly agree there should be a game, like a regular pokemon rpg.. It would be soo fun. But one thing, that would mess me upp.. Well. I like the whole handheld thing because its portable,, wii,, not so portable.. 0.0

Exactly.

The only games with a guarantee of good quality, as far as Pokemon goes, are those made by Gamefreak. This doesn't mean there aren't good spinoff titles, but the quality varies greatly. From decent (Ranger) to nice-try-but-no (XD).

Pokemon is one of those games that is just MEANT to be on a handheld. You can pick it up, play it for 5 minutes, save instantly, and then come back to it whenever. With console games, that's much harder.

Years
  • well as much i'd like to see a full pokemon adventure (contaning all 4 regiond) i have yet to see a game showing that nintendo is capable of such a game :(

Years
  • The idea of a proper Pokémon game on the Wii would be a good idea. I would allow for a new feel for the game and have the ability to add features that you could not do on the DS.

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
  • dude i would totaly buy the wii just for that it would be amazing, but if i came out for 360 it say 360. but with the will using a talk by swing the wii remote is a really good idea too i would buy it for that reason.

Edit: it would be good to combine all the regions for the wii, and yeah they cant do it for everyone of the pokemon games, im sure there going to come out with new regoins and pokemon so yeah just make it all the way to to pokemon pearl. simple.

Last edited:
    Back