• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pros and cons manga vs the anime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I most of the time, think it's more rewarding and fun to read a pokémon manga than watching the pokémon anime. Imo, characters in pokémon manga are most often much more developed and deep than they are in the anime, not to mention that the plot arcs of all manga I've read are longer and more interesting than anything the anime seems to come up with, except for maybe the Sinnoh movie trilogy and the Mewtwo movie duo.

What are your thoughts on the matter? Do you tend to read more manga than anime or the other way around, and why is that so? (pokémon, that is)​

Years
It's just that I like animation much but I would rate both Manga and Anime 50-50. Both are good in their own aspects but in terms of a deep story and character building, Manga is much higher than that of Anime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Agree. Do you think the anime is easier to find and watch than the manga is? I mean, to sit down and read a book takes a bit of determination for me sometimes, haha. Watching anime is just like turning on the TV and sit there.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
The anime is way easier to find in both legal and illegal form than any Pokémon manga. If I want to get a Pokémon manga physically I either have to order it online or order it via a bookstore in a nearby town (and it takes two weeks for it to arrive to the bookstore then). So, I always order it online since it's faster, cheaper and I get it directly into my mailbox.
I don't watch the anime anymore. It became unwatchable in Best Wishes, so I read more Pokémon manga than I watch the anime.

JesterLegacy

Random Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
The manga is better in my opinion. Why?
1. The Manga offers more character development.
2. Multiple arcs and there are changes of the main characters, which result in the change of atmosphere.
3. Better plot/Story.
4. The characters actually age, unlike the anime in which the character is still 10 years old and is not making much progress in his quest.....

Which makes me prefer the manga over the anime. But of course, this is just my personal opinion, and there are definitely pros of the anime, it's just that I don't like it as much as the manga.

Years
@RHCP : Yup, To find and watch anime is easy and requires less time while finding and reading a Manga is quite a job where one must have full attention into the Manga story or else he will not understand it. While watching Anime is quite relaxing and I can easily understand the story even when I miss some scenes

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Which Pokémon manga? You are going to have to be more specific.

Most likely pokemon special (adventures)

anyways i rarely watch the anime anymore since its beginning to repeat itself imo. i like the manga because the story has deeper elements in it. battles arent just a series of commands on the trainer's part (where the trainer even has to dodge a few attacks), there are many cunnings done by protagonists and enemies alike, and the previous chapters are linked and referenced in the more recent chapters. i still watch the anime when i need a good laugh or such though since there are many gags in it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Compared to Pokémon Adventures, the anime has only one thing going for it - it's more easily available to me. I believe they actually show it on tv still, and internet sites are up-to-date. Scanlations of the manga are infrequent at best.

Hypocrates

shampain
Years
The manga is more mature and comedic, in my opinion. Though the anime is more readily available and nearly always kept up to date online.

They both have their strong points but I much prefer the manga to be honest.

Back