• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pros and cons of HG or SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
Years
  • I should be getting a dsi on Monday, and I intend getting either HG or SS. I persume they are both the same as every other Pokemon game in the sence that you can only catch certain Pokemon on each game, so I don't need that bit as a con lol. I could see that coming:P

What else is there?

Thanks.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • I like soul silver better. (i have both) because of how epic lugia's cut scene is when you battle it.and thats all i can think of.

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I prefer Lugia's cutscene too. I have HG though, and I love it. It really depends on you personally.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Pros:
    -Cool cutscenes at the start.
    -New egg moves
    -The first chance to play Gen II (for me).
    -Return of Battle Frontier

Cons:
    -Pokemon in other games aren't as easy to get in other versions (like Porygon)
    -No Pokeradar

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • CON:
    -The Goldenrod city game corner doesn't have the original slots like in G/S/C. It has kind of like a minesweeper voltorb game, which I find really hard to play.
    -No Pokeradar
    -No V.S Seeker

PROS:
    -Pokeathlon
    -GTS in Goldenrod
    -Pokewalker
    -Amazing Pokemon in Pokewalker.
    -Following Pokemon.
    -GB Player
    -2 regions remastered very well
    -Safari Zone
    -Nostalgia(If you've played G/S/C)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ^ I think the question is more about the difference between the two games rather than between HGSS and GSC. (Certainly HG/SS is worth getting though.)

Anyways, to be honest there isn't much besides the version exclusive Pokemon - the only other difference is that what is on the title screen is different and you get a cutscene for Lugia in SS and Ho-oh in HG, so it's more which one do you think will be cooler to see. (But note you can get both in either version, just that the one you get second e.g. Ho-oh in SS has no cutscene). That's it!

And with that going to close. Any other questions ought to go into the Help thread sticky next time, please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back