• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3 or Wii or XBox 360?

Which one(s) have you got/do you plan to get?

• Total voters

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
    Years
    Wii is the best IMO. i love the controler and all of the games. they are the best, namely SSBB, Twilight Princess, Prince of Persia, Super Mario Galaxy, and others i cant name right now

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Is Idolm@ster even coming out here? I am highly doubting it, when Galaxy Angel isn't going to come out here...

Anyway, I'll probably roll PSWii myself, depending on my economic status...

Years
    I plan on getting all three next gen systems eventually, but I do plan on getting at least one of them before 2007 is out.

I want to get my hands on the Xbox 360 Elite first because Forza Motorsport 2 is coming out soon and Halo 3 will be out by the end of the year.

I'll go after the PS3 when Gran Theft Auto IV is released. And I better get a copy of that game before Jack Thompson tries anything.

I will get the Wii also, all because Manhunt 2 will be on the Wii also and Jackie will try to get that game banned also.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    wii's cool...but PS3 is a definite winner, its so clear, i dont know why people are complaing about its price tag, $1200NZD, the ps2 was $1000NZD...

anyway, bluray,sixaxis,cell,lair,tekken6,ffxiii,MGS4,DMC4,Resistance,motorstorm
    hevenly sowrd, jak 5, RAC 5, socom 4, killzone

so much awesome games!!!im saving up...once i get a job!,wrk for 3 months and ill get enough munny!

Years
    Don't own any, and only plan on getting a Wii and a PS3 sometime next year. *360=fail* The ONLY reason I'm getting a Wii is for Brawl and BR; I've played TP at a friend's house and I hate every single thing about it. A complete failure of a game.

I've always been a nintendo supporter at heart, but I fell in love with Devil May Cry 1 and have loved each of the entries in the series to date. I don't see why people hate DMC2, I found no problems with it. That series one of the reasons I'm getting a PS3, Devil May Cry 4 F. T. W.

DMC 4 is gunna be on the 360, so is GTA IV, so I don't see why people are going 'PS3 for DMC 4 and GTA IV' (not just here all over the internet)

and FF(insertnumberhere) is bound to end up multiplatform.

Why I see the PS3 as a failure:

A bad Controller: It lacks rumble, sony thinks its 'last gen' but, so is the D-pad thats really old, from like 4 gens ago, so I can't see why sony are saying it, plus the Tilt sensing has been called 'rubbish' by Sega, and other companies, Sony claimed it gave you 'six degrees of freedom' but come on, compared to the Wii's accelrometers (sp) its nothing really, I mean the GBA had tilt sensing.

Blu-ray: Sony are trying to do what they did with the DVD in the PS2, but they haven't done it well, I mean, HD DVD will have more titles, because most HD DVD players are MUCH cheaper then Blu-Ray players, and the cheapest Blu-ray player at the moment is the PS3, and when the blu-ray players prices start to drop, people who want to watch blu-ray films, won't go 'well the PS3 is cheaper then the others'

Games: The PS3 is losing exclusives, DMC 4 started off as a PS3 exclusive, and then it they say 'We're putting this game on the 360' The launch games for the PS3 we're terrible, okay Resistance wasn't that bad, but had mixed reviews. Motorstorm, has had average reviews, I mean, it doesn't have Splitscreen multiplayer, it only had a couple tracks. Also it doesn't have full backwards compatability, sure the 360 doesn't, but the Wii does, and not just GC games, theres the virtual console (I know its not full, but theres games that aren't even from nintendo consoles on it)

Price: Its just too much for a games console £425 plus if you want it to look its best, your gunna need a HD TV aren't ya, and one of those will set you back pretty far as well.

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    wii's cool...but PS3 is a definite winner, its so clear, i dont know why people are complaing about its price tag, $1200NZD, the ps2 was $1000NZD...

anyway, bluray,sixaxis,cell,lair,tekken6,ffxiii,MGS4,DMC4,Resistance,motorstorm
    hevenly sowrd, jak 5, RAC 5, socom 4, killzone

so much awesome games!!!im saving up...once i get a job!,wrk for 3 months and ill get enough munny!

Yeah, but Wii has Wi-Fi, Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, Metroid, Remote Control, Smash Bros Brawl, Virtual Console and blablabla. I prefer these(but I'll miss Tekken)

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    I like all 3 of them.. if I could afford a Wii and a PS3 I would.

I have an Xbox 360, and thats because I won it in a contest so I guess I prefer that over the Wii and the PS3, but like I said all 3 of the next gen consoles has something about them that I like.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I like all 3 of them.. if I could afford a Wii and a PS3 I would.

I have an Xbox 360, and thats because I won it in a contest so I guess I prefer that over the Wii and the PS3, but like I said all 3 of the next gen consoles has something about them that I like.

What does PS3 has that the others don't, apart from PS3-exclusive games and an additional $250?

Last edited:

Pokéflute

'04er
    Years
    Wii because you get to create your own "Mii" and use it in some games. Also because Nintendo is my favorite company and I grew up with it.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I used to be a solid Nintendo buff, and in some sense, I still am. I will always be loyal to the Nintendo 64 and the GameBoy Advance, but as for the Wii, I don't think so. It's one of those consoles where it's great...if your friends' own it.

Well, anyway, after I started playing DOA, I immediately shifted to the XBOX, since Itagaki ditched the PS2 for Microsoft's machine. And since Team Ninja are continuing to make DOA for XBOX and the 360, I'll stick with them. Of course, there's also Halo 3, Gears of War, and Lost Planet. And also, after buying Rare from Nintendo, the 360 should be expecting Banjo Kazooie and Conker to make their appearances in their own next gen games as well. So that's something to look forward too.

The PS3 does look good though, but I've never really supported Sony at all, and I have no intentions of owning the console unless two things happen. First, DOA moves back to PlayStation, or, well, someone gives me a PS3 for free. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    Currently I have a 360 and a Wii. I hope to get a PS3 but I very much doubt that because of the price :(

The Triumvirate

Making Pokémon totally Metal
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2007
    I'm a neutral bastard.

The Wii is astonishing. Such a unique new concept for a video game console! Best ways to take advantage of it is playing Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, or Rayman Raving Rabbids! I can't get enough of the Wii! Just shows how incredible Nintendo can be!

The Xbox 360 doesn't have TOO many great games, judging by how long it's been around, but it's got a good share. Dead Rising, Gears of War, Smackdown Vs RAW '07, some good stuff. And more to come in the future. But it's real highlight is Xbox Live. It's got the greatest online capabilities so far. Oh man, and the Xbox Live Aracde is awesome! You get to play old-school arcade games with others online and the list of games keeps getting better! Another great console.

The PS3. Quite expensive, no doubt about that. But, hey, it happens. Games seem to be getting more expensive over time. Maybe the current price is a bit rash, but the console itself does look lovelyon the screen, which Sony seems to be focused on the most. Does seem silly but I'm not gonna lose hope for Sony. It holds wonderful companies that I've grown to love. Incog Inc. (creators of Twisted Metal 1, 2, Black, and Head-On), Naughty Dog (Crash 1-3, Jak 1-X), and Insomniac Games (Spyro 1-3, Ratchet & Clank 1-4) are great examples. So I'm gonna keep my hopes up for Sony to make a big comeback. I'm sure I'll get a PS3 eventually.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    I REALLY wanna get a Wii, but in the future I'm gonna be forced to get a PS3. D:

Curses unto Konami for sticking with Sony for MGS4... >>;;

Back