• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3 or Wii or XBox 360?

Which one(s) have you got/do you plan to get?

• Total voters

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Which of these consoles have you gotten/do you plan to get? Post it together with the reason you chose it/them.

I'll get the Wii because:
    *Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
    *Wii-only games (Twilight Princess, Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokémon BR, Metroid Prime 3, etc.)
    *Remote control (It's cool in many games, and it doesn't replace the old-style one in the games that need it)
    *Virtual Console

Which one(s) you chose?

Last edited:

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I have the Wii already and in the future I plan to get the PS3! Simply because it's got the best graphics out there and is just shiny. However, it's so expensive so I'll just wait til the prices drop.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    Wii and 360 are gonna lead the market. 360 obviously because of Xbox live and the amazing games.

And Nintendo has its innovation and a loyal fanbase

Sony have been beaten to the punch by Microsoft as the 360 robbed many of its gamers because its cheaper and was out ags before.

Not to mention PS3 doesn't show much promise already and its only just came out.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Was thinking of getting a Wii, but since Gears of War, Lost Planet and The iDOLM@STER is awesome, I've shifted to a 360.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I waited in line at Zellers on November 19th, and I got the 1st one they had. But that wasn't the end: I was forced to get a package deal, with the games Raving Rabbids & Excite Truckz. However, to my surprise, the latter didn't come in on time, so they had to substitute it for TWILIGHT PRINCESS!! I was thrilled. XD

And that's still not the rest of it. I went out to the car, opened the box, and found out that it was empty. Yeah, after paying all that money, EMPTY! They had given me the display box by mistake, but thankfully, it wasn't long before I got the real deal. ^_^

I of course got the Wii for Zelda & Pokemon, my favourite series. Plus, Smash Brothers and Metroid 3 both look awesome, and I plan to pick them up later this year.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I will probably get all 3 consoles. MY mum will get me the Wii and dad will buy the 360 for himself and I will get the ps3 when the price drops, but im most looking forward to the Wii and ps3.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    I vote for Wii.

The games that are going to be held on the Wii are just awesome.
    Zelda, Super Smash, and Fire Emblem to name a few. The price tag is also much more of an added bonus. Plus by the time I actually get one, the price will probably have dropped.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I already own a Wii, so that was obviously my first next-gen choice.

I wouldn't mind getting both the PS3 and XBox 360 in addition, but my first choice at the moment is probably XBox since there are a lot of games for that that really interest me. However, my getting a PS3 kind of banks on whether Blu-Ray or HD-DVD wins out in the end and/or which console Kingdom Hearts III comes out on. XD;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I've always been a Nintendo fanboy. I think the total amount of time that I've played a PS1, PS2, Xbox, or 360 is less than an hour.

I love Nintendo's franchises, and I can't get those anywhere else than Nintendo. There have been very few games that interest me on the other platforms. None at all on the Xbox, actually. XD Although, Xbox Lives looks great. As far as Playstation goes it's just FFVII, Katamari, and Kingdom Hearts. That's all I really want to play that the Playstation offers. Not enough for me to purchase a system.

My SuperNES, N64, GCN, GBC, and GBA all have a minimum of 20 games. My DS and Wii will get there eventually. I don't regret purchasing any of them. Upwards of 20 games, some platforms in the 40s. Buying a Playstation for five games doesn't seem logical to me.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    I prefer the Wii, except it has nothing to do with the fact that it's cheaper than the other two consoles. Although the Wii doesn't have the computing power to provide the effective graphics of the PS3 or 360, but it's not like it's moving back to Atari. Besides, it has something more impressive, its motion-sensitive controller. The Wii is the closest thing to to virtual reality we have. However, I'm a more interested by its potential. The interactivity given by the Wii Remote should remind any game maker that changing our identities, not following a story, is what really attracts gamers to those 'shiny boxes'.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Im getting a Wii and X-Box 360. I really want the Wii cause of the kool games and for the X-box Im getting it because of GH2 and Halo3(sickest game ever).

Years
    I own a Wii

Why?

Its nintendo, I trust nintendo with my games, and I'm a fan of their franchises, plus the innoviation of the controllers is awesome, and I generally love nintendo

I want a 360.

why?

Better online service, despite having to pay for it, I would rather pay then have to enter a code for every game, for every person I want to play online, also most of the games on the 360 appeal to me alot more then the current line up of wii titles. GRAW and GRAW 2 <3

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    PSWii60 all the way (1250 dollars wasted on just consoles.... or will be wasted). Right now my brother has a 360, we both own the Wii, and by the end of the year (maybe the start of the new year) I'll have a PS3.
    I got my reasons for getting all three consoles. The Wii is clear, if I had to pick one it'd be Nintendo's console. The 360 does have more then a few good games on it. And the PS3 does have games like Final Fantasy, Tekken, Kingdom Hearts (maybe...), and some others I want.
    So blowing tons and tons of money on gaming is pretty clear for me. XD

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I currently own a Wii, and I have always wanted one since it came out.

But me and my brother are willing to pitch in money to get a PS3 in the future. My brother really wanted an Xbox360 at first, but he said he wouldn't mind getting a PS3 as well. So I said we should wait before we get one. But if I hear about Kingdom Hearts III coming out only on the PS3, I'll definitely be getting it xD

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I have plans to acquire a Wii and an Xbox 360, but given my current economic situation that won't be happening for quite some time. All things considered, however, I'm leaning more towards the 360; Gears of War, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and the upcoming Halo 3 just appeal to me more than Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

The PlayStation 3 just isn't worth the US$600 investment in my opinion. The only good PS3-exclusive games that come to mind are Resistance: Fall of Man and the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots; all the other good games for the PS3 are already available for the 360 and Wii. The PS3's Blu-Ray feature might be its only redeeming quality, seeing as it's a fraction of the price of a dedicated Blu-Ray player; the cons still outweigh the pros for the most part, however.

Sparks

MasatoxSatoshi Shipper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    Don't own any, and only plan on getting a Wii and a PS3 sometime next year. *360=fail* The ONLY reason I'm getting a Wii is for Brawl and BR; I've played TP at a friend's house and I hate every single thing about it. A complete failure of a game.

I've always been a nintendo supporter at heart, but I fell in love with Devil May Cry 1 and have loved each of the entries in the series to date. I don't see why people hate DMC2, I found no problems with it. That series one of the reasons I'm getting a PS3, Devil May Cry 4 F. T. W.

Back