• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3 or Wii or XBox 360?

Which one(s) have you got/do you plan to get?

• Total voters

Youji

Game Designer
Years
  • I have a WII because I'm playing on NINTENDO since I was young. Also the WII has my favourite games.
    - Metroid Prime 3 (German release: 26.10.2007) Yeahh.
    - Pokémon BR (German release: December 2007) I wish you a merry christmas.
    - Mario Party 8 (German release: I think it was 6.7.2007)
    - Super Mario Galaxy (German release: 2008) .:sad:.
    - Suoper Smash Bors. Brawl
    - And much more.

I've got:
    - Nintendo Wii (Bought: February 2007)
    - TLOZ - TLP (Zelda) My frist Wii game. (Bought April 2007) I had to play Wii sports more than one month. But I have Metroid Prime 2 and so it wasn't boring as I thoight to wait to get a new game.
    - DBZ - BT 2 (Draginball Z) 1 Week after Zelda.

What I want to buy the next months.
    -All games which are written at the top of this post.

Last edited:

Chompah :x

Den Supuhhmann Dat [oh!]
    Years
  • I don't plan to get a Wii because i'm not allowed.
    But if i could choose i would get a Wii over the other options.
    Mainly because it has PBR but it also has the touch-sensitive controllers.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • I don't plan to get a Wii because i'm not allowed.
    But if i could choose i would get a Wii over the other options.
    Mainly because it has PBR but it also has the touch-sensitive controllers.

Why don't you get one? Oh man. Do your parents think it's too expansive? You have my compassion. But try to get your parents to buy one. I weren't allowed to buy one last year. But after talking to them 7 times they said. If you have your money to buy one than do it. I sold my NGC and P XD Metroid Prime 1 and a second controller. Try to get one. IT's really great to play with it.

Years
  • Xbox 360 has great games. Wii is just plain fun, no matter what game your playing and the PS3 is too expensive and dies alot.

Most of this is true.

Apart from the PS3 dying alot.
    The system may crash, all systems crash occasionally, but the 360 has a much higher 'dying' rate, you've probably heard the ring of fire expression, relating to the three red lights, I think the percent of consoles dying and needing replacing is 5%.

bribri121212

Dragon Rider
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    my favorite in the future is going to be
    1. ps3
    2. wii
    3. xbox 360

but until the ps3 releases all the games that are due wii is my first, then ps3 with 360 last

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    As for me, I would go with either the PS3 or the Wii. 360 tends to have critical system errors too many times for my liking. PS3 is the only other system that has Oblivion on it. Though the Wii is more original in game play, tho.

Deathtolight

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • sorry but im a diehard Playstation fan, im sticking with ps3. the games that are comming out later on in the year are ones that im looking foward to

Faiylen

Legion Battlemage
    Years
  • I have a PS3, because I'm not one of those people who followed the original PlayStation and then the PlayStation 2 only to move onto the Xbox because it's all 'new', and stuff.

There are some things that only the PlayStation 3 can handle. Sure it lost a load of it's intial exclusives, but there's all these companies, including Rockstar, who are making some new games for the PS3 only, because they are confident that when the price drops fairly considerably, it will be the gaming system of choice.

First, graphics. Say what you want on this. Go ahead and say the Wii isn't about graphics. That's obvious. See, the Xbox 360 might, for the time being, boast slightly better graphics, but come on, these are the PS3's first generation of games. The 360 had worse graphics when that first came out. Wait until the 2nd or 3rd generation of games for PlayStation 3, they will be a lot better. Even now, however, the graphics are better on a lot of games. Take Oblivion for example. The graphics are a considerable amount better on PS3, even if you do install the patch on the Xbox 360. Games like Need for Speed Carbon, it's launch games, aren't going to have better graphics, are they?

Next, the games. The amount of exclusives is rising again for the PlayStation 3, and like I said, this is the 1st generation of games for it. It's going to be a long time before it has as much games as the Xbox 360 does, but think about how long there was in between each being released. Now the Wii, that doesn't even get the same games, it has special games made for it. For example, instead of making Resident Evil 5 for it, they make a whole different game, one that the Wii can cope with.

Third, features. The PlayStation 3 already has everything you need for brilliant gaming, and it still has more to come for it in the next few months alone, among them Home, a possible Xbox Live contender. And you might say the Wii has all this stuff like news and being able to check the weather and what not, but it's not hard for me to open up the PS3 web browser and go on to Yahoo! News now, is it?

Lastly, stability. The PS3 just doesn't do that thing the Xbox 360 does where it just dies right after the warranty runs out. Sony didn't rush to get their system out before the others, like Microsoft did, and that's why it doesn't break. It's big and heavy, yeah, but once it's set up and by the television, you're not going to worry about how 'heavy it is', are you?

I'm not a fanboy, I don't dislike the Wii and the Xbox 360 (trust me, if I did, I'd have said so), although I agree with all those who believe that the PS3 will be the market leader within the next five years.

hoperidesalone

guardian of the veil
    Years
  • i won a ps3 on a radio contest =D it's quite good! my wii doesn't get much play anymore because i got bored..
    and i don't own a 360.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • I'm a die hard Sony fan (don't flame me!!!) so my vote goes there. I also like the Wii and am glad that nintendo is finally making it back. Xbox is cool but it doesn't appeal to me as much as the others.

MasterJ

Pokémon Guru
    Years
  • I've been playing the X360 for a pretty long time at the local LAN gaming store. I enjoy it a lot (not just for the graphics). I also love the fact that both Guitar Hero III (my most favorite video game series) and Rock Band (definitely going to be awesome) are going to be on it ^^ But I would love to have the Wii. As for the PS3, it's just completely over-rated. Same graphics as the X360, bigger price tag.

Back