• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSP discussion

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    So, here you talk about the PSP. I have one and I finally, got online 2 days ago so I am happy.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    Monster Hunter is all it needs to be one of the best. And emulators, but yes. Monster Hunter. A hero's game.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    The PSP is alright, I guess. I mean, I can play Final Fantasy VII & VIII on it...
    Which is pretty much all I play on it nowadays, except maybe dissidia.
    I don't think it's that great unless you mod it, though.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I might mod it. Have any of you guys played Star Wars Battlefront online? Those guys are good.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Anyone who didn't play Star Ocean 1 or 2 on the PSP should just get out.
    That's one of the most awesomesauce RPGs on there so far.

It's a shame my PSP doesn't work anymore, I might have to buy a new one if I'm too lazy to get it fixed.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Who is up for a online game on Star Wars Battlefront Renaged Squadron?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    People who say Monster Hunter and Star Ocean are awesome, I have to agree with. Although I only have First Departure on the Star Ocean side, haven't been able to find the other game(s?).

Also, Riviera and Yggdra Union, plus Hexyz Force, Knights in the Nightmare, and Blaze Union, all part of the awesomeness that is the Dept. Heaven series, are on the PSP. Although Riviera, Yggdra Union, and Knights were originally on Nintendo consoles (it's something called "remakes" and "enhancements", but so far the remakes have been pretty epic).

Oh, and I'm so happy I can finally play FFVII because of it <3

And lastly, Pangya isn't too bad either. Really cute, and it actually makes golf enjoyable.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I love my Imported, Japanese Carnival color Green spirited PSP.
    My favorite color is green. My favorite game for my PSP is Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.
    I did have Crisis Core: Final Fantasy, but my friend lost it but nice enough to give me an empty case, Oh well, I'll buy a new one. I have a few games. Games: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Star Wars Battlefront 2, NBA Street Showdown, Daxter, DID have CC:FFVII:/, Movies: Longest Yard(This is when i got my OLD psp, which got stole, so it isnt playable on my PSP, since its Imported), You got Served(this one can play on my import cause its was made by Sony Pictures I assume). My download game I got is Final Fantasy VII, and I got a few Episode of FMA Brotherhood, and Ghost Hunters. :33

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    If you want to explain monster hunter to me... ><; I hear people say it's a great game too and was psyched to get it, but it's just so "blah". All the weapon types are slow and I never can beat the more difficult creatures I have to harvest drops from .-.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    If you want to explain monster hunter to me... ><; I hear people say it's a great game too and was psyched to get it, but it's just so "blah". All the weapon types are slow and I never can beat the more difficult creatures I have to harvest drops from .-.
    The reason the weapons are slow is because they are friken huge. And it's a hard and skill based game. Practice makes perfect, examine the monsters' attack patterns, and have some patience. It also starts off pretty slow, but once you have an idea of what you're doing and you start fighting the bigger guys you'll have a blast.
    https://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

Here's a good beginners site.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I used to hate Monster Hunter too, but once you find a weapon that you can work with (with Freedom 2 and Freedom 2 Unite, you can figure it out via the training school, Idk if they have that in Freedom because I haven't found it :<), then just practice with the one the training school guy gives you for the quests until you've got it figured out.

'Course, I try to use a different weapon per game.

Freedom 2: Dual Swords, just like Shiki in Monster Hunter Orage (it's a GREAT manga, and it is based after the series~)
    Freedom 2 Unite: The larger Crossbow (it may be slow, but it's powerful; I like sniping too)
    Freedom: The large sword, just like Haru from Rave (I like my manga references o3o)

Skill and practice and healing items are all you need :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I stopped playing MH. I might get back in to it if I can find the Ad Hoc Party thing in the PSN store on my ps3 and play online. I am still saving my money for Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. My psp is already modded and I can download it but I want to support Kojima and keep the legend alive

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    omg Peace Walker looks AMAZING! Demo was great and got me so excited 8D I was dubious about the PSP controls when I heard about it, but no doubt it's a piece of work.

Years
    I love my PSP. I play games on it for sure, but I mainly use it as my MP3 player, MP4 movie player and I go online with its limited Wi-Fi capabilities. I also love the fact that the PSP is region-free. I've got a few European games, plus a Japanese game to boot. They thought they could keep those Formula One games away from me.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I've had my PSP for a few years now, for the longest time I didn't have it hacked, didn't even know what hacking it was, but when I did it... WOAH, I got a ton of neat little perks... *cough* homebrew *cough*

Now, I'm an experienced PSP modder, been doing it for others for a long time now, and I love it.

I have gotten, and beaten;
    Dissidia Final Fantasy (Every Character to 100 finally, all chaos/cosmos reports (TOOK FOREVER) I have EVERYTHING)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Over 2800 hours of gameplay... Full Ukanalos Armor, Enough mats to make ANYTHING.)
    Phantasy Star Portable (Yeah beat that too... not too hard when you do most of the quests 2-player...)
    Daxter (That was fast)
    FFVII (Since I lost my PS1... yes, my whole PS1, I can't really play it, so I bought a copy for PSP on the PSN)
    FFVIII (Same thing)
    Dead or Alive: Paradise (... DON'T JUDGE ME JUST CAUSE I LOOK AT THE WOMEN)

I can't wait for FFIX to come out on the PSN, if it hasn't already... I can't play my game on my lost PS1 anymore, so I NEED it, lawl.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Play Jeanne d'Arc!!11!!11

Yes, for anyone who likes SRPGs. I bought a used copy of the game, thinking it would be a decent one to play on the PSP. I was wrong, because I loved it so much that I played it for several hours a day. The only complaint I have is that it leaned on the easy side in terms of difficulty. :[

I'm currently not playing any games on the PSP. It'll just sit there until FF Agito 13, KH: Birth by Sleep, and The 3rd Birthday get released. XD;

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I really only use the PSP for imported games tbh, though I do have some non-imports that I bought and still play. Here's my list, basically:

BLEACH: Heat the Soul 4 (JP)
    BLEACH: Heat the Soul 5 (JP)
    Burnout Legends (NA)
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (NA)
    Darkstalkers Chronicles (NA)
    Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (NA)
    Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (NA)
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy (NA)
    Fantasy Golf Pangya (NA)
    Jeanne D'Arc (NA)
    Tales of Eternia (EU)
    Tales of VS (JP)
    Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (NA)
    Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 (JP)

Back