• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psychic type or dark type starter?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Before I begin, it's interesting to note that back in the pre-Diamond and Pearl days, there were rumors spreading and saying the starters are Dark-type, Fighting-type and Psychic-type.

Spoiler:

Now on to the main topic,
    I would choose Dark-type with Deino as my partner. Because Dark-types have an obvious advantage over Psychic-types. So I'll leave the Psychic one to my rival.

Years
    Psychic-type for me, since I love more Psychic-type Pokemon compared to Dark-types. I'd definitely take any cute Psychic, such as Espurr, Natu, Mime Jr., Solosis, Gothita, Munna or Slowpoke. It's a type that combines amazing Pokemon designs with sheer power.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Can I pick Larvitar? He's Rock-Ground but eventually evolves into a Dark-Rock.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
    I love both types, but Psychic is tied for my favorite beside Grass. Id probably choose Elgyem or Duosion. Maybe Espurr. Can I pick Staryu since it evolves into a Psychic type?

Back