• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Public displays of affection

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • I'm all for PDA. I feel like the dirtier and more graphic it is, the more it'll shock people. The sleazier the better, really. I would hold hands and kiss in public. I'd have a full on make out session where we're climbing all over each other and you can hear the saliva exchanging mouths.

No cuddling though, I draw the line at cuddling.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    It doesn't bother me but it can get ridiculous. It was really dumb, one of my friends would show major pda after school for 30+ minutes after school ever day in front of the nurse's office. It was ridiculous. A lot of my friends, and other athletes and students would walk by and make fun. I was ashamed, but he didn't care. I think that he thought he was cool because of it. Whatever. It bothered me that he was so ignorant to the fact, but it's his choice. Eh I like him and his gf anyway, they're alright.

When I have a girlfriend, I try not to show too much pda. I don't want to seem like one of those guys.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I'm okay with PDA as long as it's tasteful. Holding hands, kissing, hugging, all okay in my book. Even cuddling like maybe, say, at the movies or something.

Especially since I'm gay, and people see two women holding hands, I like when we get that double take. It's like, "Yeah, Phantom don't care."

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I don't mind PDA as long as it isn't too much of it. A little kiss on the lips/cheek, hand-holding, and hugging are fine and making out to an extent. Though if your climbing on top of each other , cuddling, or almost having sex, then that's too far and I feel uncomfortable having to see that.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I wish I could freely say that it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it does. Especially when you're with a group of friends, there's a couple dating in the group and they make it obvious that they're together (basically anything from holding hands to whispering/giggling to each other to making out). I don't really vocalise my annoyance and keep it to myself, since it doesn't really make anyone else uncomfortable, but I get irritated nonetheless. It's not that I'm grossed out by PDA, it's just the irrational side of me being slightly jealous that people are dating and I'm not. XD;

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • In my country, it is not encouraged to show too much public displays of affection as it is considered inappropriate. Just casual displays such as hand-holding and hugging are perfectly alright, but publicly kissing, excessive cuddling, etc. is considered a bit too much by most people and might make them uncomfortable. It's either 'Get a room or don't do it at all' here. My country is quite conservative, can't do much.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • It kinda depends really.. like if it's an elderly couple hugging or holding hands I find it really heartwarming and cute. But if it's like... 14 year olds doing it, I find it beyond annoying. :/ I only find it annoying when I'm single though..

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • If it's not hugging or holding hands I'm not ok with it. People go way to far in public. I find PDA to be rude. That stuff is meant for the bedroom. PDA isn't needed to show people that you're dating someone.

Back