• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Public displays of affection

Years
  • Does it bother you or not? Do you/would you hold hands, cuddle, kiss, etc. your special someone in public?

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • It doesn't bother me, and Im very used to it since my school is full of it.
    Now would I do it? Yes, it serves two purposes:
    1. It shows people that you are in fact going out, (instead of the incredibly confusing "just close friends"). This will prevent other guys from accidentally asking your girlfriend out.

2. It's one of the easiest ways to passively show love when not at home.

There is an extent of course, I won't make out, and I won't making annoying cooing sounds, though holding hands, hugging, and small kisses are perfectly fine.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Holding hangs, hugging, and kissing (no tongue) in public is perfectly fine... anything else is just... no.

Years
  • Hmmm...

I don't really have any problem with it, although it is when it gets excessive in an area with a lot of people that it bothers me.

I have no problems holding my girlfriend's hand in public, cuddling her giving her small kisses. I don't think there's anything wrong with making out in public either under the proviso that in public means "in a public area but where people happen to absent and don't come through much".

If I ever feel I'm making people uncomfortable I'll possibly stop, unless they're just being snooty.

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    It annoys me when couples clearly do it just to show off. One time on the bus, this girl sat next to me and her boyfriend was standing up near her. They kept kissing and cuddling on this crowded bus and in the corner of my eye I could see the guy constantly looking over at me. It could've been that he wanted me to move or something but I was there first, so no.

I mean, just occasional little loving gestures are fine, but they did not stop doing that for their entire ride...

BonkersRider

Twisted Fashion Gal
    Years
  • It doesn't bother me, as long as the ones doing it are not being obnoxiously loud.
    A person out of 100 will still give me and my snuggle bunny a dirty look if we share affection in public. Oddly enough someone actually paid us to kiss in front of him.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have no problems with pdas. It gets to a point where it may be uncomfortable for the people around you, but hey, I'm not going to stop you from making out or whatever. Just know that you may be attracting attention, that's all.

That being said, if it came to it, I'd be fine exhibiting the small stuff like hand-holding and stuff like that.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • I think it depends where you are and what level of affection is being shown. You wanna hold hands in the park? Be my guest. Quick kiss? Go for it. But for the love of all that's decent, never make-out in restaurants or other dining areas. That's the only time I think it's gross.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • My girlfriend and I hold hands all the time, and we kiss too. One time we made out at the beach - tongue and all. We did get looks from some fat old crone, so we didn't do it again. (I didn't tell my parents - they won't let me do the tongue thing.)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't care. I'm not in a relationship right now, but when I was in one, I did all those things in public. If someone has a personal problem with me doing that, that really isn't my concern.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I make out with my girlfriend to a certain extent. I hold her hands, hug her. we don't go all crazy with each other when there's tons of people around us, we just find it kinda disrespectful. But when we do find moments of us two alone, we would make out longer than usual when we're around people.

If people got a problem with me making out with my girlfriend in public, then that's their problem. Shows that I'm comfortable with her in public and that she's taken, so if any guy tries anything on her, they'll have huge issues with me like the last guy who tried.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    People can hug and kiss and hold hands. I don't think people should be acting sexual in public though, I don't really care but little kids about and everything, it's not okay to grind on a public bus.

I show affection in public. I hold hands with everyone. I don't really like kissing in public though, it does draw attention to me and I feel that kissing should be private.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Holding hangs, hugging, and kissing (no tongue) in public is perfectly fine... anything else is just... no.

Pretty much this...
    >.>
    <.<

Hooooooooowever, we both enjoy some.... extra curricular activities in public at times if we think we can get away with it. This is not of course directly in the public eye, we do practice some discretion but we're not really worried about getting caught.

Public displays of affection

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • As long as it isn't done super excessively like "muahmuahmuahmuahiloveyoubbysomuchmuahmuah" or basically tounge wrestling in public, then I'm pretty much ok with it. I've been single for almost 5 years, I'm used to seeing it everywhere. xD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Meh, I'm indifferent to it for the most part. So long as you aren't falling over people, or flashing people your privates, I couldn't care less. Hugging, kissing, holding hands are all good in my book. Making out, less so, but if it's not extremely crowded (like in the subway, ugh), go for it, imo.

As for myself, yeah, I show affection in public. Tells other guys to back the **** up. =P

Back