• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Punk

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
  • XD What about my two Ampharos then? I did them to send up the punk movement, actually. One is the "sk8er boi" Amphy, and the other is the stereotypical "goth" Amphy XD.

hey k00l 1f 1 74lk l1k d15 1 4m l1k b3inG 5o pUnK

kill.harp

Kagemane master
    Years
  • LittleFascistPanties16 said:
    I seriously still haven't gotten what the connection with punks and skaters are! Everyone that wants to be a punk, just has to be a skater too!

I also noticed, that there are punks that are really goth too, but I think that's because most punks are also unconformist. Goth's are pretty much as far from conformity that you can get(besides with themselves XD)

It's probably something to do with that a lot of extreme sporst (skating, skateboarding, bmx) are compared to punk music, and a lot of times the skaters play that music when skating. A great example is Tony Hawk, which let people know that that's what a lot of skateboarders actually listen to.

I know around here and in Philadelphia in the 90s that's mostly what I heard and heard skateboarders listen to at the skateboarding spots.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Have any of you heard the song Anarchy Burger?
    It's got waaaaaaay to many cuss words, but it makes fun of Anarchy(ironic, no?) XD

Rebelling against the rebellion

Anarchy Burger! Hold the Government!

Last edited:

Kikaider

o.O
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    I guess I fit in that category, I mean I listen to the "punk" music and I do skateboard...

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • Some punk rock I like...Sum 41 and Green Day are awsome!(Happy Dakota?)
    What about Ska do you think that is a form of punk rock? Cause the only thing different is that they use more than just the basic gutiar and drums, they use trumpets and other instruments like that.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • XD I'd love to learn how to skate, but with my parents as they are.... My dad doesn't even like me listening to blink-182. Why? He saw me watching them on Rove Live and decided that Travis had too many tattoos o_O.

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
  • I listen to punk rock...Sum 41, blink-182, Green Day, Good Charlotte, etc. I tried to skateboard before but I'm not that cordinated. ^^' My friends are going to teach me though. I have my own style of clothing, and don't dress in ONE way only.

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    Well, I just spend all my time obsessing about Joel Madden. XD Star, I think we're going to get along well.
    Oh yeah! *high fives* I <3 Joel Madden! Literally! XD

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • New subject...
    Mosh Pits! Have you ever been in [a real] one? They're F-ing CRAZY!

BTW: I don't mean one of those stupid LP-type mosh pits. Everyone just dances in a circle in those.
    I mean shoving, tripping, punching(sometimes), screaming madness! They're crazy!(I got a black eye at warped tour... The moshpit just sprung out of nowhere XD)

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I have never even been to a CONCERT because my parents think I'll get squished, even at gigs that are underage with a heap of security and no alcohol, drugs, etc... o_O I'm trying to convince my mum to let me go see NFG next month.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    I have never even been to a CONCERT because my parents think I'll get squished, even at gigs that are underage with a heap of security and no alcohol, drugs, etc... o_O I'm trying to convince my mum to let me go see NFG next month.
    Umm... Sux 4 u?

Just kidding, actually, I wish I could actually put you into a box and mail you to America XD

Back