• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Punk

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    ya there is, there is music that is "real punk" also known as... not pop punk which is washed up media glam... *runs from pop-punk rockers*

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    CRAP! i was killed by a pop-punk rocker... i should have been able to outrun you... don't you remember how smooth i was in the Mafia RP?! there's no freakin' way you killed me. nope... i won't accept my death (sorry) *puts in ear plugs*
    *takes out a flippin' huge boom box and has finger poised over the "play" button*
    "if anybody moves, i swear i'll blast the classical music... don't make me sic beethoven on you!"

Years
    *Moves.* Beethoven isn`t bad, actually, dude. o.o;

Pop punk makes me wanna be sick. It really does. You must listen to actual Punk Rock!
    Casualties, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Adolesence, The Exploited, AFI, AntiFlag, The Misfits...Yargh! Kill the pop punkers!

...Punk is about expessing stuff...not about how much you miss your bloody ex, and how you have her picture tatooed on your fooking arm!!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    ya, actually i like classical music. i was just thinking that most punks wouldn't apreciate it. my friend who likes punk doesn't. (but i prefer bach to beethoven any day) and actually i musnt "listen to actual Punk Rock!" i don't like too much punk, but my favorite punk band is Against Me! i saw them live last month and i was suprised that i actually liked them. (they have a song called "those anarcho punks are mysterious" which i guess nobody picked up on earlier). myself, i like pretty much all types of music, but punk isn't high on my list. classic rock, indie, lo-fi, classical, and jazz are much more what i'm interested in.

Years
    Yeah...Don`t get me wrong, though. I have many other music tastes, as well. And, yes. Bach > Beethoven.
    It really depends on what mood I`m in. Like, right now, I`m listening to Ramones, but, the next CD I listen to could be Poison The Well, or even Frank Sinatra. Honestly, I`d say I like almost all kinds of music...Heh, even country has some good lyrics, although, I hate the twangy voices and such. I don`t much like rap...I never really have, though.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Beethoven won't hurt me. I'm a classically trained musician with ten years of piano lessons (and almost as many of violin) behind me, and I've been listening to it from the day I was born... our family's musical :P

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    my family is musical too. music tends to run in families. my friend dustin's family all have apauling musical taste.
    but, my family has impecable musical taste. on my mom's side everybody plays the guitar (even my grandma) so we rock. but i'm also in a choir and whatnot, so i apreciate classical music.
    all music is good, except for music that sucks.
    (yes you may quote me on that)
    there is at least one song/artist of every genre that i can listen to and enjoy (even rap and hip-hop)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    wait... so if you all like classical, then why do you have a punk thread? classical is a ton better doesn't it deserve it's own thread more?

Deadeye Betty

Just a nomadic flicker...
    Years
    I've been into this scene since for a while, but it looses it's glamour and taste. I'm living with a couple guys, the one dude is 23 and he still has a hawk, the studded leather, and acts like an asshole.

"Live fast, die young. Chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever." This is his image of punk. I agree with most of you, for the most part I love the music and some of the clothes, but I don't go out of my way to look the part. (at least not anymore, I used to, but I'm growing out of it. Except for my combat boots...I won't get rid of them.)

Anyway, he preches his punk title all the time and it's nausiating. Around here, the true punks steal, beat people up, and do drugs. I've made my mistakes, but seeing someone all messed up on morphine isn't a pretty picture. I've had to help him to his bedroom, a couple of times too messed up to know what was going on, sometimes his fist is bloody or his face is swollen from a fight. His friends are all the same, and they call themselves "true". It makes me a little sad, to see them throwing their lives away.

Sorry to rant on, but this is what punk is to me...this deadend street. Sure, if you like the music, enjoy it. If you like the style, wear it and don't let any asshole bring you down for the way you look. It's just the entire punk way of life that I have seen many of my friends take way too far...now they're all alcoholics or druggies, and I've fallen away from them.

Anyway here's some of the music I listen to...

The Sex Pistols
    The Exploited
    The Unseen
    Siouxsie and the Banshees
    Shonen Knife
    Go! Go! 7188
    The Haunted
    Arch Enemy
    Pantera
    The Ramones
    The Cramps
    Fear Factory
    Slayer

And yes, I do enjoy classical as well! ^_^ I am a pianist too. Mostly Bach, Rachmaninov, and Vivaldi!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i was exposed to punk when i was too impresionable, so i actually dug it for a bit... but now i'm more mature and prefer indie

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    XD I was pretty much exposed to nothing but classical up until I was about 13 or 14, so when I first heard punk I thought it was a load of crap, and eventually I grew to love it... and obsess over it... yeah, my best friend got me into punk (after trying for months) XD.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    I got into punk through skating. My friends played that music when we all skated, and it just felt so right together. Punk Rock just seems to be some kind of uber-fuel for skateboarders.

Then I went to a couple concerts, then the mother of all Punk concerts, warped tour.
    I've been a 'hardcore' punker eversince then :P

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    *drools* I wannananananana go warpppppppppppppppppppppped~~~~~~

XD I wanted to see NFG next month but the tickets are too expensive, and there's a good minifestival next week but I have to go to the opera that night. I haven't been to a real punk show yet, only when a punk band played in the school chapel. (Yes, chapel.)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    haha! expensive tickets! that's what you get for listening to mainstream music.
    *runs away to a free concert at berkeley where the blood brothers are playing*

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i saw against me! true north and the blood brothers for free. and they're all waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than pop punk whiners like NFG (imo)

Back