• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pushing Paint to its limits...

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    KoA's amazing sprites!

This is my sprite thread. I've had a few years of experience under my belt so hopefully my work reflects that.

I'll try to group my sprites by style.

Well, despite my disdain for fusions, I've done a few only to get myself back into spriting after a long pause. I believe I added a new layer of depth to fusion-making as these ones required quite a bit of scratchwork as opposed to just flat-out C+Ping body parts together.

Heatran/Garchomp/Dusknoir = Heachoir

Tropius/Abomasnow = Tropiow

Swampert/Darkrai = Swamprai

My custom trainer sprite. I love Ice types the most, so hopefully my trainer sprite shows that.

These next few aren't pokemon styled, so bear with me a bit.

THe Deathvirus. An evil corrupted form of the LifeVirus from the Megaman Battlenetwork games.

A bunch of enemy viruses made in Battle network style as well:

Bandit: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My Sprites/Ninja_Bandit.png
    Rogue: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My Sprites/Ninja_Rogue.png
    Assassin: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My Sprites/Ninja_Assassin.png

Skulleton1: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My Sprites/Skulleton1.png
    Skulleton2: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My Sprites/Skulleton2.png
    Skulleton3: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Sprites/My Sprites/Skulleton3.png

This is Eregion R. He was made in 32bit Megaman X style. My largest sprite to date and one of my personal favorites. Will appear as a boss in my fangame.

Crunch Piranha. My very first maverick. also done in 32bit X style and will appear in the same game.

This last crop are scratch pokemon sprites.

This is the sprite form of Syclant, who's details I explained in my art thread. It includes mail and female versions, as well as back sprites and shiny forms. See if you can spot all the differences between males and females. :P

What good is a pokemon without his mini party sprite?

Last but not least, his Battle animation:

Hope you enjoy these!

Last edited:

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • Wow, these are great. Really good.

Only thing what went wrong is, you put Tropisnow in twice :-S
    But that can happen to anyone ;)

great job

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
  • Omg, those are amazing! I use paint too for sprites :) Great isnt it? I love the Syclant

Denuo

Samuel » Casual Collector
    Years
  • Wow, incredible work. I know what it's like to get good feedback when you create something, (and appreciate it) so great work!

Sam

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Oh crap, my bad about double Tropisnow. :x

This is what I meant to link to:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow those are really good sprites, the shading on all of them look great. The Eregion R and the trainer sprite looks very good, nice work!

~C3LEBI

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Thanks.

I've been too busy lately to sprite. But hopefully I'll be able to clear up my plate in a couple days...

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • This is the sprite form of Syclant, who's details I explained in my art thread. It includes mail and female versions, as well as back sprites and shiny forms. See if you can spot all the differences between males and females. :P

What good is a pokemon without his mini party sprite?

Last but not least, his Battle animation:

Hope you enjoy these!

OOH!! I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

[SB]I really like your work on this one. It's original and looks wicked awesome, though it reminds me of scizor (also one of my favorite pokemon). Though it took me a moment to notice the dots exclusive to the male.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    These are nice and all, but you sound really pretentious by claiming that you're pushing paint to its limits. They're okay, but not amazing.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Hay man I'm sorry, I didn't realize an eye catching thread title was something to get worked up over. :/

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Bump for update:

I've been spriting Revenankh from scratch for the past couple days and this is his progress thus far:

You can see the base colors being used as well as the beginning of his shading.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Ok, I finally finished Revenankh's sprite. I've done both normal and shiny versions:

I'm also including the palettes if anyone cares:

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    I'm gonna have to teach you guys the joys of narcissism one day. :o

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Fixed Revenankh's size so it fits the 80x80 limitation of D/P sprites. It now resides at a snug 80x78 pixel size. Also added a female version.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Finally finished Revenankh's sprites. With this outta the way, I'm free to pursue my Steelix project.

Back