• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about Hau's island trial progress

Guest123123

I remember Hau saying at some points during the game that he was training to surpass Hala, even after the player defeats Hala and moves on to the other islands. But Hau still does the same trials that we do. How did he proceed with the island challenge if he didn't beat Hala?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I take it that you don't have to beat the kahuna in order to be able to go to another island. The end goal of the island trial is to clear all the trials and grand trials. There's nothing that says that one has to do them in any order or that you have to clear all the trials and grand trial of one island before you attempt trials on other islands. While we the players had to go about the trials in a mostly specific order and had to clear each grand trial before moving onto the next island, that probably just has to do with Pokemon always being a mostly linear experience.

that or it's a continuity error on Game Freak's part lol

Years
    I feel it's mostly an error on Game Freak's part, since I see the Kahunas being similar to Gym Leaders in that they're an obstacle you need to beat to progress.

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • Age 29
    • they/them
    • Maine
    • Seen Sep 2, 2022
    I really don't think Hala was using his full strength/ability when we fought him, and I think the same goes for Hau. So, even if Hau beat him, he'd know Hala wasn't at his full potential. So, I think he's aiming to beat Hala when he's at his best.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Hala couldn't stop Hau from getting on the boat to the next island. Now, the island captains could stop progress because of the captain's barriers.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Hmmm. Thats a hard one. Hau does mention that he is a trial goer himself, but maybe he just completes the island challenges and keeps quiet, considering he seems more interested in the player then his own adventure.

Back