• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: ...what a welcome! (Concerning the Shoddy Server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Thought I ought to ask what's up with the pokecommunity shoddy server.

I log onto the server for the first time, build up my team while denying battle requests from a guy named Magna on account of having no team, and then I finish, say something about Magna asking for a battle.

Then some guy threatens to ban me if I don't leave.

What a welcome. =I

May I ask what's going on that would warrant this?

Keep in mind this happened today, and I found it odd, which is why I'm asking. I'm not expecting a swift, sweeping judgement or anything. Which is why I'm not naming guy.

That and I don't care about it enough to remember his name.

:I Just asking.

UPDATE:

I went back on the server to see if it was just a joke or anything. The guy immediately started cussing at me.

And for that reason I'll put his name down cause I don't know what's going on with him.

His name's Kairyu.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Seems as though i should put this rule in the shoddy rules again. But i thought people assumed it anyway, guess i was wrong.

10. We have a strange sense of humor so expect to be teased a little from time to time especially if you do something silly. Really don't take to heart though, it is the internet. We all tease each other and its all in good spirit and we don't mean anything by it, if we mean it will we state it. Sometimes we kick people in a joking matter. If you complain about being kicked, it will only get you kicked more.

>___>

Kairyu isnt even a mod there so i mean lol

Detox

Wow man srsly if you cant take a joke lol?

And cussing? lol? I hardly call that word a curse word.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Honestly, all fun aside, Let's not haze the frigging noobs. It's not funny, it's not right and it's very rude.
    I don't care if the rules say "We're gonna [title="...Meaning bully, haze, **** with you. ] 'mess with' you"[/title], IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!
    Kick abuse is especially unacceptable and unprofessional unless you're BEST FRIENDS with the victim. >_>

I will say, you should bring this subject up with the S&M mods, since they're probably the masters of the Shoddy server.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Honestly, all fun aside, Let's not haze the frigging noobs. It's not funny, it's not right and it's very rude.
    I don't care if the rules say "We're gonna [title="...Meaning bully, haze, **** with you. ] 'mess with' you"[/title], IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!
    Kick abuse is especially unacceptable and unprofessional unless you're BEST FRIENDS with the victim. >_>

I will say, you should bring this subject up with the S&M mods, since they're probably the masters of the Shoddy server.

Question: ...what a welcome! (Concerning the Shoddy Server)

Also, frigging noobs.

Who's side are you on? Also, Shoddy is hardly your business.

Unrelenting0: Yeah dude, Kairyu can be a pain sometimes; however, he does not intentionally seek to emotionally harm you or torment you. In other words, lighten up. This is just how the PC Shoddy atmosphere is. If we all insult each other, maybe that will help us bite each others heads off in battle. ^o^

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    I'm good right now. In fact I sort of pity him right now.

For some reason me talking on the shoddy server tends to annoy him to no end.

So I'm going to strike up a conversation.

=D

EDIT: And personally I'm against attacking the guy who advocates bieng nice for a change. Just saying, don't jump on me now.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Lol, Pachy I love how you judge how we run the Shoddy server when you NEVER go on it.

We do things the way we do because we get some downright horrible users that ruin the chat for everyone else. So yes, we will kick people and we will ban people if they are being annoying. That's why we link to the rules right on the welcome page so people are aware of how we run things. If they don't want to bother, that's their problem, not ours. And someone who can't handle a random kick or two shouldn't be on the server in the first place, because we will joke around (rule #10 in case you're interested).

Why do you insist on commenting on things you know nothing about...

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • The point I'm trying to get across is "Don't bite the noobs" They're too tender to understand how the atmosphere is. xD

Give 'em a few visits to learn the ropes, THEN have a honking bite. XD

I have a comment because I give a damn about the atmosphere at PC as a whole. I understand the laid back atmosphere, but I don't like seeing noobs crying. It just generates silly threads like these, which we could all avoid by being nice

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Aura, take my word for it, he's not commenting on how you run a shoddy server. He's commenting on how we treat people.

If it was about how you run the server, he'd use different words.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • New members are always treated fairly and given a chance to make a good first impression. We don't randomly kick a new member simply because he or she is new. Generally, a lot of members don't even come on to chat, just to battle. If someone does want to participate in the chat, we expect them to read the rules before doing so, and if they are ruining the chat for other members, we'll usually kick them and then ban them if they continue to be annoying. It's that simple.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with how we treat people but PC =/= PC Shoddy server.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • While the server may not be PC itself, your actions in running the 'PC Shoddy' server affects PC's reputation as a whole. Please consider that while operating your "PC" Shoddy server.

Detox

Pachy how the hell did you even wind up in this? Seriously man, you never visit S&M, or the server, so who are you to criticize how the server is run?

Really, all this because someone cant take a simple joke kick, or a playful tease?

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    As you can imagine, there's actually very little going on here in terms to instant gratification or conversation.

And personally I prefer moar sense. It makes things less liable to explode or be labeled 'Cave Canem'.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • While the server may not be PC itself, your actions in running the 'PC Shoddy' server affects PC's reputation as a whole. Please consider that while operating your "PC" Shoddy server.

The server has operated unchanged for the past year and a half and one member complaining about getting joke kicked isn't going to change anything. If you think PC's shoddy server has a significant effect on the actual forums, then I can only assume you don't know what you're talking about.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • The significance of the effect on PC's reputation is immaterial. It's still far more wise to not come off as a mean spirited operator. Word spreads fast, especially on the internet.

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    1) I wans't joke kicked.

2) I say saying something isn't a crime. Let him express his views. Damned if it'll change a thing, but at least he'll get it off his chest. And those who don't vent will ultimately explode. Take this from someone with the experience on that matter. I was once a bit of mess. :P

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Why is this thread so bad ?

Can we get it locked since i mean its not doing anything lol

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Not doing anything except letting people vent thier 'nerd rage'.

Keep this topic, you'll drain nerd rage away from other topics.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • 1) I wans't joke kicked.

2) I say saying something isn't a crime. Let him express his views. Damned if it'll change a thing, but at least he'll get it off his chest. And those who don't vent will ultimately explode. Take this from someone with the experience on that matter. I was once a bit of mess. :P

Well at least you understand somewhat. I don't just chomp mods' heads off to be a dickwad or a jerk. I do it because I'm just too nice, and I care about PC enough to natter about things like this. If ya don't like that, there's this neat little function of vB called an Ignore List, and it doesn't even make my posts invisible, just collapses them. (you can click to see my posts if I'm posting in your domain, as that's your job to do...but you don't have to listen. :P)

I'll leave this topic be...We shouldn't argue anymore. xD (feel free to VM me if you wanna debate it more)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back