• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Questions on hacking fire red.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    Hi all i am a newbie and I would like to ask some questions to clear my doubt,please. help me.out
    (๑• . •๑)
    1.is Jpan hack.engine good?what is the pros.n.cons?
    2.i came across.this problem when i adding.new tile,the.door.size.is.not.same as.the one.in.original.rom.how i can know the size.I m.planning.to revamp the.whole.fire.red.with all new.tileset.is that possible?

Thank you (ฅ>ω<*ฅ)

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi all i am a newbie and I would like to ask some questions to clear my doubt,please. help me.out
    (๑• . •๑)
    2.i came across.this problem when i adding.new tile,the.door.size.is.not.same as.the one.in.original.rom.how i can know the size.I m.planning.to revamp the.whole.fire.red.with all new.tileset.is that possible?

Thank you (ฅ>ω<*ฅ)

Hi BlackAce! Nice too know you're interested in ROM Hacking.
    As for your questions, the JPAN engine gives hackers direct control over many features, but it uses a fair amount of variables that can't be used in scripts.
    It is possible to totally revamp all of fire red with new tiles. The tileset is divided into 8 by 8 tiles but tiles themselves are 16 by 16. Here is a good tutorial for inserting new blocks.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    (๑• . •๑)

Thank you (ฅ>ω<*ฅ)

One thing to note about JPAN's engine is that it erases all scripts, so you're essentially starting everything over from scratch (no PokeMart sales(wo)man, no Nurse Joy, etc.). I don't necessarily recommend it for newer hackers (assuming you're new, that is), but if you want to try it, go for it.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    JPAN's engine is in dire need of an update if you ask me. Hopefully he goes back and revamps some of this stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    Hi thanks for the reply, I read that tutorial and follow it. I successfully insert new block into my hack. The problem is the size, such as when i insert new stone or tree it is much bigger compare to the one inside original rom. Beside it is save to replace all original tileset to new one ?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    JPAN's engine is in dire need of an update if you ask me. Hopefully he goes back and revamps some of this stuff.

I saw somewhere they stated the engine is bugged . Thats why I am wondering about it

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    I got another question. How Can I completely remove a script from the rom to use the space?or I just remove the event is enough ?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I got another question. How Can I completely remove a script from the rom to use the space?or I just remove the event is enough ?

Get the offset of your script, open XSE and type #removeall 0x(offset) and hit compile. That will delete it entirely.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    Get the offset of your script, open XSE and type #removeall 0x(offset) and hit compile. That will delete it entirely.

I want to know how I can create an event just like i step on a certain spot. A person event trigger and walk to me and talk ? is there global variable in scripting just like other programming , so that i can check what event had occurred .

Back