• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Noel

Ghost Pokemon Trainer.
    Years
    I've seen a lot of people with wi-fi codes in their sig and stuff. People talking about battling/trading but I never really figured out how to do all of that, honestly I don't even know what wi-fi is.. So if anyone had the time to explain it to me that would be really nice. Please and thanx.
    My turn. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Allow me if you will. The following abilities will affect the appearance of Pokemon specified as long as the one with the ability the first in the party:
    Arena Trap: Increases encounter rate.
    Compoundeyes: Increases the chances of finding a wild Pokemon with a held item.
    Cute Charm: The chance of encountering the Pokemon of the opposite gender is now 66.6%
    Hustle: Increases the chance of encountering higher leveled Pokemon by 50%.
    Illuminate: Increases encounter rate.
    Intimidate: Decreases the chance of encountering lower leveled Pokemon by 50%.
    Keen Eye: Decreases the chance of encountering lower leveled Pokemon by 50%.
    Magnet Pull: Increases the chance of encountering Steel types.
    No Guard: Increases encounter rate.
    Quick Feet: Decreases encounter rate.
    Sand Veil: In areas with Sandstorms, the encounter rate is decreased by 50%.
    Snow Cloak: In areas with Hail, the encounter rate is decreased by 50%
    Static: Increases the chance of encountering Electric types.
    Sticky Hold: More bites while fishing.
    Suction Cups: More bites while fishing.
    Synchronize: The chance of encountering a Pokemon with the same nature is now 50%.
    Vital Spirit: Increases the chance of encountering higher leveled Pokemon by 50%.
    White Smoke: Decreases encounter rate.

Since you stole my thunder, I'll add on a little bit.

Sweet Scent is a move that attracts pokémon.
    The White Flute is an item that increases the chance of finding a wild pokémon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    My turn. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically Wi-Fi is where people get together and meet up in the Wifi Rooms to battle, trade, or now available in Platinum, to play mini-games together in the Wi-Fi Plaza room. In order to do these things you will need to exchange your friend code with the person you want to battle, trade, or meet up in the Wi-fi Plaza. In order to obtain your friend code [and in order to meet up and do these things] you have to have Wi-Fi. Once you go downstairs from the Pokémon Center, the lady in the middle of the long table, will let you obtain your friend code by going into the room and connecting to Wi-Fi. Afterwords, in your Pal Pad [which is given to you when the lady in downstairs from the Pokémon Center] you will be able to find your friend code located where it says "My Friend Code". Give it to your friend and let that person give you his/her own. To register your friend's code, you have to go to your Pal Pad and go to the part where it says "Register a friend" or something like that. Register your friend into your friend roster and then you guys can meet up in the Wi-Fi Plaza, or Battle and/or trade. Hope this is what you are looking for...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    How do I get wi fi..Lol sorry I ask a lot of questions.

You need to either purchase a wireless router and set it up all by yourself or find somewhere that offers wireless internet.

...Or purchase a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector and install it into your computer, but I believe those have been discontinued.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2009
    Going about this the wrong way?

I need a magmar with a modest nature with ice HP, I've been capturing as many as I can, but none of them come out perfectly, (annoyingly I have got parts one and two but in seperate magmars), is there any better way to do this? can you influence individual values?

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    I need a magmar with a modest nature with ice HP, I've been capturing as many as I can, but none of them come out perfectly, (annoyingly I have got parts one and two but in seperate magmars), is there any better way to do this? can you influence individual values?
    Breeding, although it takes time breeding is worth it in the end. You will see a huge difference between a non bred EV'd pokemon and a bred EV'd pokemon and get stronger pokemon by breeding than just catch random Magmars.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Is the Platinum GTS separate from the D/P one? Yesterday I tried to trade something from my Pearl to my Platinum and when I searched for it the Pkmn didn't show up in the Platinum GTS. I went back and checked my Pearl and sure enough it was still there, nobody had taken it. Can I just not get Pkmn from D/P over the GTS?

So, does anyone have an answer?

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    Don't worry about it, the GTS is just dumb. Even if the pokemon is on there, there's no real certainty that you'll see it when you search for it.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    You can't ask those kind of question I think....

Cause of this Rule

Spoiler:

I Had I thread closed for just asking if the shaymin they sell on e-bay were AR'd. Best just to google it or ask some were else to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Is there a thread dealing with AR related questions? I ran a search, but nothing came up.

Nah, sorry. The staff don't really condone hacking (meaning the use of external to change gameplay) so no one has ever really successfully made a thread for AR questions here. Sorry 'bout that.

You can't ask those kind of question I think....

Cause of this Rule

I Had I thread closed for just asking if the shaymin they sell on e-bay were AR'd. Best just to google it or ask some were else to be on the safe side.

There is no rule against asking if there is a thread like that, there is a rule against asking questions about hacking itself.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Ah well, that's cool. The only reason I bought one was to copy items without wasting so much time. I'm not into having an all shiney pokedex, or any of that other stupid crap. But ok, thanks!

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    There is no rule against asking if there is a thread like that, there is a rule against asking questions about hacking itself.
    Yes but it would not matter since you can't make a thread like that do to the above rule any way. Well that was a long time back because I didn't think AR fell under the rule.(I R stupid)

Why nintendo does not stop them who knows and who cares. I personally hate the dang things they take the fun out of playing and battling( some times trading) with other players.

Last edited:
    Back