• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
  • No, no, I don't think he's trolling.

He's probably talking about the Mystery Zone that you can enter through "tweaking" (Going really fast on your Bike at an area where the graphics load) or the "Surf Glitch" (Surfing in the door at Aaron's room in the E4); that's what I'm thinking. It's a glitch that, when used right, can give you access to Shaymin and Darkrai's areas without the need of their respective Key Item. But it's really dangerous too.

I don't really know how to exit that, but just make sure you don't save in that area. Uhh, maybe you have to actually get towards a map and see where you are, or see if you can find a way to "Fly" out there? Maybe returning back where you came from works too. From Bulbapedia, you can refresh the graphics using your Registered Key Item.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    Help Finding a Gyarados

I need help finding a gyarados before the elite four. All the magicarp I've found so far are about lvl 5 and that max I've seen are about lvl 20. Is there anywhere I can find a lvl 45+ magicarp before victory road. I'm currently in sunnyshore city and all of my pokemon are a little above fifty. And if there really is no strong magicarp would floatzel be a good choice, or are there better ones. Thanks

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    I'm kind of confused. So there is no such thing before the resort area. Then would my best water pokemon choice be floatzel or tentacruel?
    Also should I go with magnezone or electivire? I have no wall on my team, and most of my pokemon have pretty bad defenses, but I heard electivire is just super powerful overall?

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
  • last I checked magikarp evolved at level 20 :P you could fish around anywhere and find magikarp so if you have a good rod keep on fishing with the good rod until you find a level 19 magikarp, slam a exp. share on it (if you have it) and battle with other pokémon in your team until it evolves, if you only have an old rod you want to catch a level 10 and pretty much use the same method, maybe put it in the daycare until it reaches lv 19 (keep a check on it using the daycare app you get from a guy in the daycare centre), by the way, you get the good rod from a fisherman on route 209 near the hearthome city entrance and you get an exp. share on the way into route 206 (via southern exit from eterna city) from rowan's assistant if you have met a certain amount of pokemon (which I forget...) I hope I helped and if there is anything else you want to know just vm me (vm = a post on my profile if you don't know thus far) Good Luck :D

Edit: oh, right, you can't get a level 45 magikarp as it wont evolve into gyarados and as we all know you shouldn't use magikarp in an e4 run except in a challenge xD to get a gyarados you would need the super rod which you only get after beating the elite 4. Actually could you vm me your current team as that will probably allow me to help you better.

Last edited:

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Just catch a Magikarp, put it first in your party if you don't have EXP. Share and then switch it out in battle and it should get some experience, it shouldn't take too long before it evolves into Gyarados. Level 20 it should learn Bite, Level 23 it should learn Dragon Rage which should help you train it until it learns Ice Fang. By then you can tackle a lot of the stronger wild Pokemon because Gyarados is physically tough, keep training till you learn Aqua tail and I guess you could go around a re-battle some trainers. If you have a strong Fire-type Pokemon you should be able to sweep the first elite four member, then for the second just keep healing Gyarados and you should get heaps of experience into it, and if you die just keep repeating. Soon enough you'll have a tank.

Hope I helped.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Seriously, Magikarp isn't that hard to find. Use the Good Rod near a body of water and fish up a Magikarp of levels 15-19 (it's possible to see ones that are higher or lower than that, but I suggest those levels because that puts the Magikarp closer to evolving to Gyarados). Then train it with the above method and you should have a Gyarados at level 20.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • There's no such thing as a level 45+ Magicarp.
    Just level up that Lv. 5 Magicarp or daycare it on route 34.
    if you level it up on lvl. 30 use waterstone and it might evolve.

There is no Lv.45+ Magicarp because Gyarados naturally evolves on Level 40 Lol.
    Yeah, Magicarp's only dangerous move is splash.
    Teach it a TM or HM.

Glad i helped.

*EDIT*
    Go fishing for Red Gyarados in Lake of Rage.
    Or Fuschia City, Mt. Silver or Seafoam Islands.

NOTE: Use Super Rod
    and won't work with othershttps://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Seafoam_Islands
    OK pretty much everything you said is wrong. I can't tell if you're trolling or just really don't know what you're talking about.
    -There are level 45+ Magikarp, you can catch them in the resort or choose not to evolve them.
    -Magikarp does not evolve using a water stone
    -Magikarp Evolves at level 20 not 40
    -Magikarp cannot learn TMs or HMs
    -The locations you listed are from HGSS, we're talking about DPPt
    -You can only get the Super Rod after the Elite 4

Edit: oh, right, you can't get a level 45 magikarp as it wont evolve into gyarados
    Magikarp will evolve at any level past 20, use a rare candy.

I'm kind of confused. So there is no such thing before the resort area. Then would my best water pokemon choice be floatzel or tentacruel?
    Also should I go with magnezone or electivire? I have no wall on my team, and most of my pokemon have pretty bad defenses, but I heard electivire is just super powerful overall?

If this is just for the Elite 4, don't worry about it. Use whatever team you want. Any of the Pokémon you just listed would be viable as long as they are at high enough levels. It really isn't worth the time raise a Gyarados to level 50. Just stock up on tons of revives, moo moo milk, and full restores and you should be fine.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    How about semicompetitvely? Would floatzel be my best pick or tentacruel?
    My team so far is Infernape, Staraptor, Alakazam, Garchomp (soon), I have an electabuzz and a magneton, just don't know which to train, Should I even have a water type or just go with something like sneasel or abomasnow or anything else?

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I have three badges in Pt what should i do with Psyduck blocking the route?

You'll have to beat the next two gym leaders, which will trigger an event at one of the lakes. Once you've cleaned that up Cynthia will be near the route to go to Sunyshore city, talk to her and she'll give you the secret potion.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I have three badges in Pt what should i do with Psyduck blocking the route?

Just keep going on with the story (Go to Veilstone City I think). You'll eventually be given the Secretpotion by Cynthia which will cure the headaches of the Psyduck and they will clear the way.

Years
  • do power items pass do ive in platium

Nope, the power items don't effect Ivs, if that's what your trying to say. The Pokemon holding the power item will have their in-battle speed reduced by half, but after each battle, the Pokemon will gain 4 Effort Values (EVs) of the particular stat that is affected by each power item.

Back