• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    No, they did it to make money. They know that they have a huge fanbase that will stop at nothing to "catch 'em all", so they can afford to release multiple games, and make it so that in order to get all the pokémon, you need to buy another game (or just trade for it). It's a brilliant marketing strategy.

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    If you didn't download the Secret Key yet, can you still obtain it?

I know the time expired and all for the US, but could you get it by trading or over wireless mystery gift or something?

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    It was called "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl".
    I was talking about Platinum.

No, they did it to make money. They know that they have a huge fanbase that will stop at nothing to "catch 'em all", so they can afford to release multiple games, and make it so that in order to get all the pokémon, you need to buy another game (or just trade for it). It's a brilliant marketing strategy.
    Hmm... You make an excellent point there. It's just like how Mew made this franchise grew from the start. I still wish they clearly warn people about these things first.

PS: I love what you did with your avatar. It's really funny. XD

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Actually, they're doing it again, so you should be able to get the key. (until July 19th) Also the key isn't shareable,

0.0 thats nice to know...hopefully i can get on wifi next weekend and get it

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Right, and the closest thing to a choice of what fossil Pokemon to get was Diamond for Cranidos or Pearl for Sheildon.
    Platinum is suppose to be the better one, why make something like this to ruin a big part of it?!

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Platinum is suppose to be the better one, why make something like this to ruin a big part of it?!
    To make people buy more games of course; when you too late realise you have the wrong ID you don't want to restart your game just to get the other one, but instead either trade for one(which requires someone else has bought the game and a DS) or buy a new game(which they also gets money from), so it's all about money... :(

GameplayerHGSS

Back to Johto in HeartGold...!
    Years
    Help on the Lake Trio

Okay I'm about to fight Uxie, and every time I throw duskballs (after lower HP, sometimes down to 1) It never works! So I was wondering whats a good status inflicting pokemon that can help me out! I have on my team Infernape, Jolteon, Weavile, Alakazam, Grayados, and Torterra... (I only have 7 bagdes btw)

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    If you had all badges and FR/LG, you could try PalParking a Paras(ect), since it's generally considered to be the best catcher ever; but since you don't have access to PalPark, you could try Rotom since it learns Thunder Wave by Level Up, or Budew/Roselia with Sleep Powder or Stun Spore, and then trying more Dusk Balls.
    Uxie is hard to catch; but just keep trying!

Serpine

Student of Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    Uxie is statistically the hardest of the three to catch, not including finding it, because it has a higher defence than the others, according to one site.

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    Okay I'm about to fight Uxie, and every time I throw duskballs (after lower HP, sometimes down to 1) It never works! So I was wondering whats a good status inflicting pokemon that can help me out! I have on my team Infernape, Jolteon, Weavile, Alakazam, Grayados, and Torterra... (I only have 7 bagdes btw)
    Sceptile,
    teach it false swipe i think it learns it on lv70
    not sure though
    or teach your jolteon thunder wave
    to parilize that uxie!

from my expiriance
    the frozen status works best!

Serpine

Student of Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    Sleep/Freeze are the best for capturing the pokemon, then Paralysis, then Poison, then Burning. If you lower it's stats it's slightly easier too.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Sleep and Freeze but since Freeze only happens by chance I would go with Sleep.
    Get it to 1 HP, asleep, using Duskballs at night, but even then you must have patience.

The Master Ball is most appropriate for Mesprit or Cresselia.

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    Sleep and Freeze but since Freeze only happens by chance I would go with Sleep.
    Get it to 1 HP, asleep, using Duskballs at night, but even then you must have patience.

The Master Ball is most appropriate for Mesprit or Cresselia.
    or if you have a darkrai you could use dark void
    but i highly doubt that
    oh wait if you have a jap version of the game
    then you can do the surfing glitch at the elete 4

OFFTOPIC:anyone know how to clone on platnum??

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    Trading Questions.

Hi guys i'm new here and had a question about trading pokemon to diamond.

If i have 2 diamond versions and two ds's and 1 game has the national dex can i trade those pokemon to a game that i just started?

Years
    You're able to trade any Pokémon - it just won't register in the Sinnoh 'Dex if you trade, say, a Bulbasaur over. I used a Phanpy in my Platinum team, for example. =3

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    Thanks a lot I wanted to have Grolithe in my starting line up as well as larvatar now i no ican do it. Thanks for the help.

Back