• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    i did fight one w/ wonder guard, i used fire flying and dark moves against it, it said wonder guard protects it from damage...or something close to that
    Although only Shedinja can legally possess the ability, you can harm ANY Pokémon with Wonder Guard with the move Fire Fang, regardless of Super-effectiveness.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
    What PKM i used or the PKM i was versing
    heres both
    versing: Shedinja
    pkm used:charizard, moves are fire blast fly slash dragon rage
    empoleon, moves are hydro pump blizzard drill peck flash cannon
    floatzel, moves are swift water fall surf crunch

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Ones with Wonderguard? You need to use attacks that are super effective against it (in shedinja's case, ghost, dark, flying, fire, rock)

Edit: It can also be harmed through staus conditions (so will-wisp, poison-powder, toxic, leech seed, etc. will still work), it can hurt itself in confusion and it can be hit by future sight or doom desire, or an opponent's Struggle.
    Well, if Shedinja was the Pokémon with Wonder Guard, then the above-quoted person said the answer.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Where could i get a set of instructions to help me w/ said glitch?

It was me who posted it first, and you can find the instructions here

Basically you need 2x G3 GamePaks that you can migrate from.
    Insert the first one that you want to migrate from, migrate and catch as usual.
    Then insert the second GP that you don't want to migrate from, shut down the game and change the DS's Date to +1 Day(don't touch the clock!).
    Boot up D/P/Pt and choose to migrate, and it will ask you if you want to reset the clock.
    Accept, and then shut down the game and insert the first GP again.
    You can now migrate another 6 Pokés, and then just repeat the glitch as long as you want.
    When you have transferred all of your Pokés, set the Date back to the real date and reset the clock using either GP; it's important not to miss this since if you don't, Swarms, Drifloon, Honey Trees and similar will be all glitched up and possibly just stop working...

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
    It was me who posted it first, and you can find the instructions here

Basically you need 2x G3 GamePaks that you can migrate from.
    Insert the first one that you want to migrate from, migrate and catch as usual.
    Then insert the second GP that you don't want to migrate from, shut down the game and change the DS's Date to +1 Day(don't touch the clock!).
    Boot up D/P/Pt and choose to migrate, and it will ask you if you want to reset the clock.
    Accept, and then shut down the game and insert the first GP again.
    You can now migrate another 6 Pokés, and then just repeat the glitch as long as you want.
    When you have transferred all of your Pokés, set the Date back to the real date and reset the clock using either GP; it's important not to miss this since if you don't, Swarms, Drifloon, Honey Trees and similar will be all glitched up and possibly just stop working...

i tried to the glitch......but it doesnt work......i'm following th instructions down to the dot, i dont know you are able to do it, but i can't i recreate it.

Edit: I think i'll stick to the rules that i'm given.......for once

Last edited:

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Try reading the "official" guide, it could work better... I'm not always good at explaining stuff, but it works since I've transferred over 400 Pokés from my Ruby in one day...

Where did it go wrong?

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
    The Pokeradar

Edit: nvm....i found out what twilight meant by white flecks

Try reading the "official" guide, it could work better... I'm not always good at explaining stuff, but it works since I've transferred over 400 Pokés from my Ruby in one day...

Where did it go wrong?

i did use the guide you posted..... when i was putting in the second cartridge and doing what it said, then switching back to gp1

Last edited:

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
    when i switched the time ahead 1 day, it shut down, then loaded the game back up with ruby in the gba slot i then chose migrate from ruby, it then said you cant return pkm to ruby blah blah blah....it then said you are using a different ds or internal time has been changed, it then said change pearls time to match ds...i clicked yes, it then said making adjustments, don't turn off power. it then said you cant migrate pkm for anther 24 hours.

like i stated before, i don't know how you're able to do it....but i can't recreate it

where can i obtain a porygon....other than the gts

on pearl

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    when i switched the time ahead 1 day, it shut down, then loaded the game back up with ruby in the gba slot i then chose migrate from ruby, it then said you cant return pkm to ruby blah blah blah....it then said you are using a different ds or internal time has been changed, it then said change pearls time to match ds...i clicked yes, it then said making adjustments, don't turn off power. it then said you cant migrate pkm for anther 24 hours.
    like i stated before, i don't know how you're able to do it....but i can't recreate it

where can i obtain a porygon....other than the gts

on pearl

If your Pokémon Pearl game does not match the GBA time or vice versa, then it will have to change and you will have to wait 24 hours. You are not able to migrate your pokémon from your Ruby game unless the times from your DS game and your GBA game, match.

However, if you have Wi-fi you can ask for one over at the Quick Trade Thread at the Trade Corner of the Wi-fi Center section. You could also ask one of your friends over a VM or PM.
    Another way to get it, is to go to the Trophy Garden's owner [the man in the room by your right hand side standing next to the old man] and see what pokémon is out in the garden that day. If he says Porygon, you'll be able to catch it there. However, it will not be easy to catch it as sometimes it can be very hard to find the pokémon you are looking for there [ex. Porygon].

I think that's basically it as to where you can find them other than migrating one to your Pearl game or at the GTS. Good luck trying to obtain a Porygon.

Back