• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    well seismic toss and nightshade are the only two of their kind
    and all thats left after that is superfang

so it's one of those three

it depends on if you intend to finish people with smeargle or whether its just meant to whittle down HP

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    i plan on Spore-ing it, Nightmare and Toxic it and try and do as much damage as possible
    what would be the best to use? are there any pokemon immune to either of those moves?

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    well theres pokemon with the ability insomnia - whole plan goes out the window as they wont fall asleep

and theres early bird too which means that they wont be asleep for long
    the nightmare covers any grass/steel types with might be immune to toxic

but you have to have a backup or use toxic very late, cos once theyre poisoned, they cant be put to sleep so they'll be attacking you

protect maybe? or a recovery move?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    is anyway Smeargle can learn Endure? that way you can toxic enemies en always be safe, of course if the enemy don't have a high speed XD, can you try Fake Out?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    well theres pokemon with the ability insomnia - whole plan goes out the window as they wont fall asleep

and theres early bird too which means that they wont be asleep for long
    the nightmare covers any grass/steel types with might be immune to toxic

but you have to have a backup or use toxic very late, cos once theyre poisoned, they cant be put to sleep so they'll be attacking you

protect maybe? or a recovery move?

yeah i know about sleeping
    i would use Spore as my first move, then use either Nightmare or Toxic followed by the other

i was thinking Recover to restore health

is anyway Smeargle can learn Endure? that way you can toxic enemies en always be safe, of course if the enemy don't have a high speed XD, can you try Fake Out?

as i said before i would Spore them first move Not Sure about Endure as it would only leave me with Nightmare and Toxic to damage them

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    you might as well go with recovery

just to remind you, if something doesnt work out quite right, smeargle learns sketch 10 times so you can just take it to pastoria and overwrite the bad move with a new sketch and try again

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Yeah thats true, i am thinking of cloning my one so i have 2 for doubles battles and give it more attacking moves
    so i have the first to sleep, Nightmare and Toxic them and use the second to kill them off - sound good?

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    that would work pretty well

give them both leftovers?

i had a really good doubles pair - zapdos which would use discharge a lot and flygon which would use earthquake a lot

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Yeah i was think that, i would of course try and get a mixture of moves that would be able to damage plenty of types :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Quick Question xD Where can I train Level 40 Pokémon to get? I've completed the basics and I don't want to use Exp. Share on them anymore. I'm thinking of just pitting them up against the types they're strong against. Like a Level 40 Grass Type should beat a Level 50 Water type right?

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    if you're not fussed about EVs i suggest victory road for the rock types

and if you've beaten the elite 4 then the sandstorm area in route 228

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Would this be a good Attacking set : Volt Tackle, Seismic Toss, Megahorn and ??????
    what move should i pick to maximize on the types that will be damaged?

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    a fire type of some sort
    im not sure if you can teach it heatwave
    but flamethrower or fireblast might work

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    i wouldnt know i dont battle online alot :)

lol fair enough
    i havent battled online in so long

That is nice, but this is not a discussion thread. This thread is for simple questions and simple answers about DPPt, and not really about competitive battling, attacks, movesets, teams, etc.

If you want to search for possible Pokemon movesets, use Smogon. If you want help on a particular Pokemon moveset or how an attack works or what is a good attack, use the Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A Thread. Also, do discuss battling in Stadium's Daily Chit Chat.

If you do not know the answer to a question, please do not post.

Fyi, battles may be set to 50, 100, or open level on WiFi.

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    well, maybe one of this:
    Flail, Reversal, Roll Out, Fury Cutter, Return, Frustation, Beat Up, Facade, Smellingsalt, Revenge, Eruption, U.Turn, Payback, Assurance, Trump Card, Wring Out, Me First, Avalanche, XD

Working on Platinum, Breeding, hatching and trading on Diamond
    Diamond:
    my FC is 3867 6992 6638 and TN is Edward

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    @ Twilight- sorry about that

@ U-Diamond it can learn nearly any move, all i have to do is have a poke that has the move.

i was thinking about Blast Burn - same PP but 10 more power
    but i think i will go with Flare Blitz has 120power and has 15pp which is good

Back