• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • You can't cure Pokerus. It becomes stable (so no one can catch it of that Pokemon) after a day or so but the effects still remain.

after a day..? thanks..i wont that PKRS infected pokes will infected to other pokemon..thanks again mate..:)

someone was EV train my pokemon and he not cured the PKRS virus before trade to me..darn it..

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Does anyone know if different entry hazards stack with each other? I.e., a Pokemon using Spikes, then Toxic Spikes, then Stealth Rock. Would all of the effects be in place?

Furthermore, if different entry hazards are stacked, does this prevent stacking of a certain entry hazard? For example, if all 3 entry hazards were stacked in the above scenario, would you still be able to stack Spike 2 more times, or Toxic Spike 1 more Time? Thanks in advance for clarification.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    ^The different 'traps' don't interfere with each other. You can have 3 layers of Spikes, 2 layers of Toxic Spikes, and a Stealth Rock all at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    Battle Area Items

I have a question about the Power up items you get at the battle area

The ones that Promote the growth of "blah Blah blah," but makes the wearer slower.

I know that after a certain point, a Pokemon can no longer earn any more EVs, does that also apply to these items?

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • Put simply, those items increase the number of EVs a Pokemon gets for each battle. So, yes, that does apply to the Power items. For further information, I would recommend searching PC for some quality information about EV training regarding the Power items. I would find a good post and link to it, but I'm sort of pressed for time at the moment. Hope this helped.

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I have a question about the Power up items you get at the battle area

The ones that Promote the growth of "blah Blah blah," but makes the wearer slower.

I know that after a certain point, a Pokemon can no longer earn any more EVs, does that also apply to these items?

The Power Items give you four extra EVs per battle for the stat which they "promote the growth of." If a Pokémon has reached their EV limit, they cannot gain any more EVs and hence the Power Items are useless at that point.
    In short: yes it does

REALLY?? NOBODY knows!??

Well, that's odd.

Many people know, it's just that very few people visit this section anymore

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I'm lost in Wayward Cave, without Flash, and I have Mira with me, so I can't use the Escape Rope. D: Does anybody know any way for me to get out?

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • I'm lost in Wayward Cave, without Flash, and I have Mira with me, so I can't use the Escape Rope. D: Does anybody know any way for me to get out?

If you have the Dig TM, hope that one of your Pokemon is able to learn that. That can be one exit out.

Otherwise, maybe you should try discerning where you are based off this map here.

https://www.psypokes.com/platinum/maps/waywardcave1f.png

If you find out where you are (Hugging a wall or being nearby a trainer might help), then you'll be able to use the map as a guideline to exit the cave in one piece.

FalconsDrummer

Years
  • Yikes...

Well...here is a decent map. This might help. https://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/925602-pokemon-pearl-version/faqs/56220

There's no easy way to get out of there in that situation. If you at least finish the part with Mira or get to a part where she won't follow you, then you could use an Escape Rope. Then you'd be able to go back with Flash if you want to complete that side quest.

Edit: The map he posted ^ is probably more helpful.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Can't view the first map. :/

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I found my way. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Should I EV train my Prinplup in Special or Physical Attack?

Last edited:

FalconsDrummer

Years
  • Should I EV train my Prinplup in Special or Physical Attack?

Empoleon's (and Prinplup's) base Special Attack is significantly higher than its Attack. Also, after a quick check, it seems that competitive players use Empoleon pretty much exclusively as a Special Attacker (or a Special Defensive player).

Back