• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Ooh, that helps me out a whole lot, thank you all for the insight

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Hi I'm deciding on which version to get Diamond, Pearl or Platinum? What are the pros and cons of each version? I'd like to hear from people who've experienced playing any of the 3 games.

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
  • Pros of D/P: Cheaper. GTS cloning glitch
    Platinum: Better in every other way

Sounds kind of silly huh? The only time you'll hear D/P is "better" is because a person played D/P, got Platinum, and then didn't see much different and wanted their money back.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    OK, another Poke Radar question, I just caught 2 shinies, (Pikachu and Kricketune) and now I'm going after a Venonat, and the only way to catch it is with the Poke Radar, how can I tell what patch will have it in it? Or can I tell @ all?

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • OK, another Poke Radar question, I just caught 2 shinies, (Pikachu and Kricketune) and now I'm going after a Venonat, and the only way to catch it is with the Poke Radar, how can I tell what patch will have it in it? Or can I tell @ all?
    The only way to tell is to go into the PokeRadar patches. Try both kinds of grasses.

Reactions: GFA

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    *Sigh* Oh well, Volt Tackle will wait... Thanks a bunch

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • well i bred a team of:
    staryu
    houndour
    aerodactyl
    snorlax
    elekid
    bulbasaur
    and i raised them all up to lvl 10 before i traded them to my platinum from diamond so i would have a team i love throughout the whole game without having to catch any pokemon, but for some reason, none of them will listen and i already have the first badge. I thought that after the first badge all pokemon up to lvl 20 would listen to you?

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    This is probably a stupid question but, I recently got pokemon battle revolution and platinum and I can send a surfing pikachu to platinum right?

Years
  • Assuming that Platinum can receive the same Mystery Gifts as Diamond and Pearl, then yes. You need to beat the Stargazer Colosseum on your first playthrough. Then it will be unlocked in the shop. It will also know Volt Tackle, be Hardy Nature, female, and holding a Light Ball.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    This is probably a stupid question but, I recently got pokemon battle revolution and platinum and I can send a surfing pikachu to platinum right?

You'll have to receive any Wonder Card distributed Pokes or items/berries onto D/P. But nothing is stopping you from doing a Union room trade to Plat.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm thinking this is the right thread to ask...

During Wifi battles and all the rest of those wireless events, how is it decided what sprite is used to show your character?

Years
  • If you mean the avatars such as the ones in the Pal Pad, they are determined by your Trainer ID. It is used to generate 4 random trainer classes you can choose from. You can change this from a guy in the Oreburgh Pokemon Center I believe.

Years
  • Need some questions answered.

Hi there

Just found this place and noticed it seems to have a nice community feel and thought I would post aquestion that may appear silly but are in a way stumping me about Pokemon Platinum and Pearl.

- Are you able to find a group of Pokemon you like for a team (as in the graphic I guess), and then go and take moves from other Pokemon that your not terribly keen on but have great moves and give those to other Pokemon?
    I think I remember in Diamond there was a way to steal a move from a Pokemon you had and give it to another. Is this something I dreamed or is it possible?

I am new to Pokemon and pretty much useless when it comes to the complexities of the game so if anyone is willing to give me some one on one help that would be awesome.

Thanks for reading

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • - Are you able to find a group of Pokemon you like for a team (as in the graphic I guess), and then go and take moves from other Pokemon that your not terribly keen on but have great moves and give those to other Pokemon?
    I think I remember in Diamond there was a way to steal a move from a Pokemon you had and give it to another. Is this something I dreamed or is it possible?
    That is a dream, I'm pretty sure. =P (Leastways, it is when applied to the main handheld games such as Diamond/Pearl/Platinum). Each Pokemon has their own individual movesets, and they can't steal moves from other Pokemon (so you can't have, say, an exploding Charizard, or a Pikachu with Flamethrower). (BTW if you want to know all of the moves each Pokemon can get, try here: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/).

There is a way to pass moves on to others that Pokemon may not normally have though, and that's via breeding and passing down the moves from that, rather than stealing moves. But its still rather limited and only for 'feasible' moves that suit the Pokemon (well, for the most part anyway); there are guides all over the internet if you search for them on how to do that, but it's certainly not the way you imagined. The link I posted in the last paragraph also lists these by the way, as 'Egg moves'.

Hope that helps.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    If you mean the avatars such as the ones in the Pal Pad, they are determined by your Trainer ID. It is used to generate 4 random trainer classes you can choose from. You can change this from a guy in the Oreburgh Pokemon Center I believe.
    Ah okay. Now those 4 that are generated, are those the only ones that will ever appear for your game cartridge? or does it ever generate four different ones? Because I'm hating the selection lol. :(

Back