• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Regigigas Event

You know how there is the Regigigas event right now in Toys R Us in the US?

Well, I have one of the Japanese versions (via trading on here), and I was wondering if the Japanese Regigigas would still unlock the three Regi's in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2014
    Questions~!

Guys I wanna ask you some questions that may be kinda newbish before i get my DS

- Could some1 explain me the PKMN Nature thingy (Jolly,Adamant....etc)

- Do I have to pay money to get a Wi-Fi connection

Thanks .. Medo0

Years
  • Natures affect a Pokémons stat values in most cases. Certain natures affect different stats, with most adding 10% to one and subtracting 10% to another. Some, such as Hardy, are neutral, and affect no stats. Certain natures are of more worth in the competitive metagame; a physical sweeper might have an Adamant or Jolly nature, as they decrease Special Attack (a stat generally not needed on a physical sweeper) and increase Attack and Speed respectively.

If you intend on using Wi-Fi in your own home then you'll need a wireless network of some sort. If your network is wired (i.e. you need cables to connect) then you'll either need to get a new wireless router or buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector. That way you'll have wireless signals that your DS can pick up. But as said before, if you have a wireless network set up in your house you won't need to pay any extra to use Wi-Fi, and indeed you won't need to pay anything to use the service itself.

Years
  • OK, so my wifi conection is perfect, whenever i try to trade, it ususally discconetes me 3-5 times until the trade goes through, but my connection has the 4 green bars(perfect connection)

today, it kept dissconnecting me and it wouldnt even let me battle,

any advice on how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    OK, so my wifi conection is perfect, whenever i try to trade, it ususally discconetes me 3-5 times until the trade goes through, but my connection has the 4 green bars(perfect connection)

today, it kept dissconnecting me and it wouldnt even let me battle,

any advice on how to fix this?

It could just be the Wi-Fi of the people who you were trying to connect with, or it might still be a problem with your router. The people over here would probably be able to help you more with that.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • Celestic Cave - Help

I seem to be having trouble find this cave.

I was told to go West from Celestic Cave and I have but I cannot seem to find it.

I cannot rock Climb yet (only 6 badges)

where in the heck is this cave!

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • What am I to do from there?

I went into the ruins and I didn't figure out what to do..

This isn't my first time here.

I have 6 badges after I left Lake Valor.

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    Platinum Game Interaction

If you have a pokemon that has taken one of the new forms (Example: Shaymin Sky Form, Rotom Lawnmower Form) are we going to be able to trade over one in a new form over to diamond or pearl? Are we even going to be able to make DP games battle against new pokemon in Platinum?

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Hi everyone.

I have some Pokemon on my Diamond Game that I wanna move over to my new Platinum Game.
    Was wondering if anyone could give me a hand doing it?
    I have just started Platinum today so gonna be an hour or two before I can get to trade point.

Also I would be happy to give clones of any of the pokemon I have.

Thanks.

I Dont know about platinum but in DP you cuold trade at the first pokecenter at least local wireless if You know someone with a 2nd Ds around you

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
  • How Many Leftovers iN Diamond

How Many Leftovers can you obtian in Pokemon Diamond, without trading?

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    As many as you can find, you can obtain them from wild Munchlax or the ability Pick Up

nofudgeplz

Teh Lolcat Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    i recently traded a bunch pokemon for a few shinys and when i checked there location etc they were all caught on the same day. my question is its possible to catch more than 1-2 shinys in a day? this means starting early in the morning or something and chaining for a long time in one day.

Years
  • i recently traded a bunch pokemon for a few shinys and when i checked there location etc they were all caught on the same day. my question is its possible to catch more than 1-2 shinys in a day? this means starting early in the morning or something and chaining for a long time in one day.

Yes, you can use the Pokeradar to find shinies easily. Use this guide as a reference: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135170

nofudgeplz

Teh Lolcat Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    yea i know thats what i do ive caught quite a few in a day myself its just these were both pokemon u can only find in water...

Years
  • im really confused,

i have an ev trained electivire, and i bred a perfect gligar.(good nature,ability,iv's)

I started ev training the gligar through exp share, the spread was supposed to be:252 hp,40 defense,216 speed,

I ev trained it, im 100 percent positive, but when i went to get the effort ribbon,the lady said my gligar needed to work harder,

any advice?

Years
  • If the effort ribbon lady said you don't have all 510 EVs, I suggest start EV training all over again. Use the Pomeg, Qualot, and Tamato berries until the stats can't go any lower. Then start EV training and make sure that your Gligar gets the correct EVs and keep track of them. That's my advice.

Back