• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • I checked Serebii's IV calculator and your Misdreavus seems to have average IVs so it seems fine to me.

I read somewhere that in order for a Pokemon to evolve through happiness (such as Cleffa, or Pichu) that in the Poketch happiness checker, they must have two hearts, not the two giant hearts, but just the two smaller ones, is this true?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    Im pretty sure this is true because i just had my Budew evolve, last time i checked it had 2 small hearts.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    So I finally beat pearl. . .

Hey guys, I'm new here so I apologize if this is a common thread or whatever and this is obnoxious, but anyways I just beat the elite four of pearl and moved over the few from ruby that I had, but now am at kind of a loss of what to do. I have the national-dex and want to just keep filling it up, but don't want to find all the pokemon by going online and seeing where each one is, want it to kinda be a surprise or whatever, so if there is anyone else out there who did this could I have some hints?? Did you just like check the swarms and then check each route to see if there were new pokemon there?? Or is there a place to see a lot more of them so you can trade for them?? I just don't know what to do, thanks for the help!

Years
  • You could always look at the Pokemon in your Pokedex you don't have and find the area that they're in, but there's some Pokemon you might not be able to find due to them being on a certain game.

If you don't want to just keep collecting Pokemon, you could always try chaining for shiny Pokemon and start a collection, or learn to IV breed and EV train and make a competitive battling team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    When going to find more pokemon after getting the national dex did you guys just go to each route and try poke-radaring until newer pokemon showed up?? Are there even new pokemon on each route??? I haven't been to the new island however with the different areas, are there a lot of new pokemon to see there??

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Im getting myself a magmar in platinum. Is it possilbe to get a magmotar without trading liek just giving to hold the item or yeh have to trade it?

Michiru552

Pokemon Clones & Contests!
    Years
  • Pokemon Diamond to Platinum

Hi everyone.

I have some Pokemon on my Diamond Game that I wanna move over to my new Platinum Game.
    Was wondering if anyone could give me a hand doing it?
    I have just started Platinum today so gonna be an hour or two before I can get to trade point.

Also I would be happy to give clones of any of the pokemon I have.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    When going to find more pokemon after getting the national dex did you guys just go to each route and try poke-radaring until newer pokemon showed up?? Are there even new pokemon on each route??? I haven't been to the new island however with the different areas, are there a lot of new pokemon to see there??

Try using Serebii.net's Pokéarth section; it will tell you which Pokémon appear on each route. And yes, there are a lot of National Dex Pokémon on the island (the one with Fight Area etc).

Ultra Ball X

Certified Ultra Ball
    Years
  • Secret Key.

Since japan has gotten 2 chances of getting the Secret Key, what about us? does NA and EUR get the event? I hope we do cuz I really want a Rotom form.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Since japan has gotten 2 chances of getting the Secret Key, what about us? does NA and EUR get the event? I hope we do cuz I really want a Rotom form.

There is a 147% chance in favor of NTSC/PAL versions being able to download the Secret Key at some point.

In other words, we will definitely get the event eventually, possibly by the end of the month for North American players. First, Pokemon Platinum needs to actually be officially released.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • Heres a weird question?

Did platinum, like come out today?

There have been multiple people here who claim to have it,

And Serebii has a whole bunch of english screenshots of the rotom event...

Weird...

DID IT COME OUT TODAY??

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    It comes out this Sunday. There is a device that let's you change the language on the game, but I think you need something for your computer.

Years
  • No, it's called "connections". Sometimes, people know other people who can get access to the game early. Serebii is just one of those sites that has early access to games and such. It's really no different than gaming magazines like Nintendo Power posting screens, reviews, tips, and such before the release of the game.

Years
  • Heres a weird question?

Did platinum, like come out today?

There have been multiple people here who claim to have it,

And Serebii has a whole bunch of english screenshots of the rotom event...

Weird...

DID IT COME OUT TODAY??
    It leaked on the internet.

Ultra Ball X

Certified Ultra Ball
    Years
  • yeah its really fun so far so much better than D and P. you guys are all in for a treat I already have my 4th badge :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Hey guys, I'm new with the pokeradar so was curious exactly how it works. With pokemon that can only be found with it, does time of day matter as well. I'm really wanting a houndoom, so should i only search at night or does it not matter??

Years
  • Hey guys, I'm new with the pokeradar so was curious exactly how it works. With pokemon that can only be found with it, does time of day matter as well. I'm really wanting a houndoom, so should i only search at night or does it not matter??

With certain Pokemon, yes the time of day does matter, but not with Houndoom. You should be able to find it at any time of day. But I think all Pokeradar specific Pokemon are found at any time of day.

Back