• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I'm Wondering How To Have more than 2 30+ IV on one pokemon

bTw, is that possible??

ow yeah,

one more question..

so, the exact result of IV Calculating and HP is only when the pokemon reached level 100??

because,
    yesterday i calculate my Lvl 50 Metagross, the calculator says that my Metagross's HP was "67/Poison"
    i checked it by HPing to The Kecleon, but the result was "the Kecleon Turned into FLY Element"

ohhh my....

Yes, it is possible, and competitive breeders do so almost every day. The numbers are mostly random, although the IVs of the parents influence that of the child.

Most IV Calculators are only 100% accurate at Level 100, although experience can allow a player to figure out IVs at a lower level.

Years
  • Just use a male Smeargle in a Double Battle with a Pokemon who knows Ice Punch, Sketch the Ice Punch, and use the Smeargle to breed with a female Sneasel. Simplest way I can think of.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well...I'm trying to breed an Ice Punch Sneasel. It's said on the net that you breed a Male Meditite with a female Buneary, then the Male Buneary baby with a female sneasel. Meditite and Bunery won't mate though. D :
    Any tips? x D

Just for the record, I believe that the Pokemon that you actually needed to breed the female Buneary with is Medicham, not Meditite. Several other Pokemon should have worked as well, such as Hitmonchan or Lucario.

Actually, there is an even simpler answer: wait until Platinum is released. There is a Move Tutor in the game that will teach Sneasel Ice Punch without the need to breed it as an Egg Move.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Can a female Pokemon and a Ditto breed?
    I know a male can, but I taught my female Espeon Shadow Ball (without knowing that TM moves could also be passed on to offspring, not just pure egg moves -_-), and I'd like to be able to pass it on...

Years
  • Females can breed with ditto, it's just that the male and only the male can pass down the move. There is an exception though if both the mother and father know a move that the offspring would normally learn leveling up (but then again, it's not necessarily the mother passing down the move).

Years
  • If you want another Shadow Ball TM (TM 30), you can buy another one from the Battle Tower's prize exchange, although it'll cost you a steep 64 BP.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Unlike the Sinnoh dex for the national dex do you have to catch every Pokemon to fill it out or dou you just have to see them?

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • Hmmm quick question.

Can a japanese movie regigigas activate the events in US platinum? I doubt I'll be able to make it to TRU for the remainder of the event.

Years
  • Can a japanese movie regigigas activate the events in US platinum? I doubt I'll be able to make it to TRU for the remainder of the event.
    I heard it works the other way around (TRU in Japanese), so most likely yes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    What's the best way to spread PKRS from one pokémon to another in your team?

Place the two of them next to each other and use a random third Pokemon in a battle. The type of battle does not matter, nor does whether it ends with a capture or a KO.

Ice_Emperor

Emperor of all that is.
    Years
  • I have a question that seems best for this thread:
    I'm trying to get a Milotic. So currently, I'm breeding for a Feebas which likes Dry Poffins.
    I need to know what are the best berries to use when making a poffin. I usually only can blend by myself, but I do have a friend who could help.
    I could really use some advice.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I have a question that seems best for this thread:
    I'm trying to get a Milotic. So currently, I'm breeding for a Feebas which likes Dry Poffins.
    I need to know what are the best berries to use when making a poffin. I usually only can blend by myself, but I do have a friend who could help.
    I could really use some advice.
    Pamtre Berries work the best. But I've used Wiki Berries in Poffins and never failed to evolve Feebas.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    Its me again. Just wondering if this Misdreavus is legit.

Misdreavus
    Hardy Nature
    LvL.22

Sp.Atk EV's - 100

HP:61
    Atk:31
    Defence:33
    Sp.Atk:49
    Sp.Def:46
    Speed:47

Thanks.

Back