• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    What do you mean all you do is hit the punching bags to get to the gym leader.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Focus on the far left up near her because thats how you get to her. The bags on the left are the most important.

dark charmander

Gaara...
    Years
    Last edited:

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    It would be easier on platinum since you can trade online. What you can probably do is get a ditto and breed your starting pokemon and trade what's bred over wi-fi. You can probably get a lot of the pokemon that you want that way. Also, you can catch Palkia and Diagla on the game.

Years
    • uk
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    rotom key

sorry if someone has already put about the rotom key but i havent been on for a while

so i have heard about the rotom key but how do you get it? and can you get it without action replay?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Through a Wifi distribution(Mystery Gift) which has not been announced yet for the U.S. Also, its called the Secret Key.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    Just wondering about the quickest methods to level a pokemon from 1-100 without the use of rare candies?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The only way you're going to be able to catch all the starters is by trading (the only way to trade Pokémon from the games that were on the Game Boy to Nintendo DS is by using Pal Park). If you really want to complete the National Dex, I would recommend buying a game for each region.

Note that only Ruby/Sapphire/FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald are compatible with D/P/Pt; any original Game Boy or Game Boy Color games are not. As for the others, only Pokémon Battle Revolution and My Pokémon Ranch are directly compatible with D/P/Pt; however, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness are compatible with R/S/FR/LG/E, and therefore any Pokémon caught on those games can also be transferred to D/P/Pt (in a very roundabout way).

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    Question on breeding my Charizard.

If I have a female Charizard, and I breed it, will a Charmander or a Charizard hatch out of the egg? Noobish question, I know, I've never bothered breeding.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
    The house at the top right hand corner of Canalave City, (the only house in Sinnoh that locks its door!) Does this have any relevance at any point? I can't remember.

Years
    Someday, a mystery gift event will be released that will give you an item called the Member's Card. With that card, you'll be able to get into the house. Then you are greeted by a shady man who asks you to take a rest in a bed. After you get into the bed, you'll find yourself transported to New Moon Island. Here you can catch a lv. 40 (50 in Pt) Darkrai.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Wow, yes. The Member's Pass, a key item obtained through an event, unlocks that door, and through some chain of events allows you to go to New Moon Island to capture Darkrai.

As an act of defiance, I will not delete my post =p

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Underground Capture the Flag

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section... >.<)

Well, I'm trying to get another achievement for my card, but to do so I need to get a Platinum flag in CTF. Yet, I never see anybody down in the Underground, so how can I achieve this?
    Thanks.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    You need 2 DS's. Both players need a secret base, go to their base and steal their flag and put it in yours, do it 50 times and you'll get the Achievment star.

Fed

Battling on Wi-Fi.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I'd like to know which Pokemon were best suited for each facility.

Ive gotten the black and white stamp from the Arcade, Tower, and Castle. The Factory is obviously random so no help needed there, but the Hall is really difficult, and I can't get very far in the Arcade after 4~5 streaks. I haven't tried the Castle or Tower after getting the black and white stamp, but I would like tips on it.

Please, help me! Thanks!

No one answered my question, so I thought I'd repeat it ^^;;

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    So it's basically impossible if I don't have 2 DSs and 2 Pokemon Platinums?
    Like, you can't do it over Wi-Fi?

Back