• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
Years
  • Luck or Pokeradar. =/ You have a 1 in over 8,000 chance of running into a shiny pokemon at every wild encounter, and that resets after every battle. But, if you can learn to "chain" with the pokeradar, your chances increase and you have a 1 in 40 chance of seeing a shiny patch of grass. Look up "pokeradar chaining guide" to learn a whole lot more.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • Machop is just North of Oreburgh City. You will find it at its lowest level there. Magikarp will be found anywhere at a low level, as long as you use an Old Rod. If you switch out the pokemon you are trying to EV, it will gain the right EV's still. Hope this helped.

I only have a good rod and super rod any idea on where you find the old rod?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I only have a good rod and super rod any idea on where you find the old rod?

You find the Old Rod near Jubilife City and Canalave City. The part where you surf to get to Canalave City, in the hall, there is a fisherman who gives you the Old Rod. Hope this helped.

BlastoiseBrother

on a mission from God
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    i need help!

i'm having an IMPOSSIBLE TIME getting to sunnyshore city

i go over to the exit there's this kid who blocks the way so i go to the professor in sandgem to talk about it and nothing happens what do i have to do

ps i've got 7 badges already

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i'm having an IMPOSSIBLE TIME getting to sunnyshore city

i go over to the exit there's this kid who blocks the way so i go to the professor in sandgem to talk about it and nothing happens what do i have to do

ps i've got 7 badges already

Well there are a couple of things you have to do before you reach Sunyshore City. Have you went to the library in Canalave City? Have you went to all three lakes? Have you caught Dialga or Palkia? If you are in Platinum, have you went to the Distortion World yet? Those are all the things you have to do and once you complete those, you can finally go to Sunyshore City.

bubbles101

NUMBER 1 KITTY FAN (& POKEMON)
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    diamond help please!!!!

I have got all the gym badges in sinnoh, and i am now at the fighting area on the island to the NE of Sinnoh. I dont know how you unlock the rest of the island and was hoping maybe you guys could help?????

Thanks!!

BlastoiseBrother

on a mission from God
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    yes i've gone to the library in canalave and yes i've been to all 3 lakes so now i spose it's find the distortion world time

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If you do have the National Dex though, then just get a few strong Pokemon and explore around. You'll need Surf and maybe some other HMs, but it's really not that difficult.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2009
    stuck dont know where to go

ok i have just come back from the team galactic base after cyrus of wotever his name is has finished his speech i dont know wot to do or where to go from there and i still cant get into sunyshore city due to a blackout plz can someone help me asap as i wont to carry on with the game

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, first off, don't leave the hideout. There's warp panels in the hideout that take you to the right location. Just leave that room the same way you came in and go on to a warp panel. However, you'll have to guess you're way through that. I can't remember which panels exactly that you need to take. It's not hard, though, so don't worry. ^_^

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I have a question regarding Giratina and the Plat orb.
    Whenever i equip the Plat orb to Giratina, Attack & Sp.Att is swapped with Defense & Sp.Def? regardless of the nature? IVs and stuff?

Years
  • The IVs and EVs in those stats stay the same. Just the base stats are changed. Same goes for Deoxys, Skymin, Rotom-A, and any other Pokemon that changes into a form with different base stats.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    So, i would lose 20 in def stats and gain 20 in atk stats, right? thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2009
    cheers guys i was wondering round for ages before i read your post.... on the bright side wandering round got some of my pokemon up to high lvls

after u fight cyrus do u travel to the top of the mountain and if u do how so...im on platinum btw

Last edited:

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
  • cheers guys i was wondering round for ages before i read your post.... on the bright side wandering round got some of my pokemon up to high lvls

after u fight cyrus do u travel to the top of the mountain and if u do how so...im on platinum btw

You enter the mountain at either Oreburgh or Hearthome entrances. These aren't in the cities, they are just close. Then just get through the mountain. It is not hard at all. Eventually you will get to some snowy ledges, when you do, you know you are the right path.

Years
  • after u fight cyrus do u travel to the top of the mountain and if u do how so...im on platinum btw

You mean after the battle at the HQ, right? If so, you go to Mt. Coronet (Route 207, 208 entrances), Surf through the northern body of water, Rock climb, go up the stairs, work your way up to the northern cave exit that is there, head right, then up, rock climb, head to the left, work your way through another cave and get out of that one, head up, rock climb to the left, head to the left until you see another cave entrance, work your way through that cave and you should find yourself on Spear Pillar. Sorry if this is confusing. Once you try it out for yourself, it should make sense.
    Do Synchronizers still work if they've fainted?

Yes. Only if it is first in the party.

Back