• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    question about the Move Brine.

if the oponent is at half health, Brines base power moves from 65 to 130. if it includes the STAB (same type attack bonus), and Mystic Water/Splash Plate, and the opponent is weak against water, what would its power be?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    is the pikachu colored pikachu supposed to have a jolly nature, or is it a random nature?

It has been confirmed that the Pikachu Colored Pichu is only one nature. Therefore, all the Pikachu Colored Pichu's people get, will be a Jolly nature. Keep in mind that the reason for it only being a Jolly natured one, is because it is a shiny Pichu. In addition to that, it's actually a good thing to have it as a Jolly nature because Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu have very good speed.

Last edited:

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
  • Nintendo's Prevention/Blockade of Hacked Pokemon

I've never hacked my pokemon game as I think it's cheating, unless used for personal purposed moderately....

Lately, it has been brought to my attention that nintendo blocks hacked pokemone via Wi-Fi. How does this work? What is the criteria for blocking pokemon?

I mean seriously, if someone really wanted to, couldn't they use pokesav or something and legitimize a pokemon's information: moves, ability, place caught, level caught, etc... and actually bypass this?

Or is Nintendo's system relatively fool proof? I really want to know guys... :P

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Theres a difference between hacked Pokemon and cheating. Hacking is messing game data to change stats to 999 or get illegal moves and takes skill.
    Cheating is just using GameShark or AR to get event Pokemon usually and is usually "Legit" as any amateur can do it

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
  • Theres a difference between hacked Pokemon and cheating. Hacking is messing game data to change stats to 999 or get illegal moves and takes skill.
    Cheating is just using GameShark or AR to get event Pokemon usually and is usually "Legit" as any amateur can do it

1. That really didn't answer my question.

2. It's ridiculously easy to get 999 stats and illegal moves using AR/Pokesav. I should know... my younger brother does it all the time for Pokemon LeafGreen. He's 8.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I've never hacked my pokemon game as I think it's cheating, unless used for personal purposed moderately....

Lately, it has been brought to my attention that nintendo blocks hacked pokemone via Wi-Fi. How does this work? What is the criteria for blocking pokemon?

I mean seriously, if someone really wanted to, couldn't they use pokesav or something and legitimize a pokemon's information: moves, ability, place caught, level caught, etc... and actually bypass this?

Or is Nintendo's system relatively fool proof? I really want to know guys... :P

As long as the Pokemon or Hacked Pokemon looks legit , it can be sent and traded through Wi-Fi. I Pokesav'ed a few, but stopped because it takes hours upon hours to get them at their correct stats. I would not recommend donig so because of that.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    1. That really didn't answer my question.

2. It's ridiculously easy to get 999 stats and illegal moves using AR/Pokesav. I should know... my younger brother does it all the time for Pokemon LeafGreen. He's 8.

I wouldn't know. Nintendo puts that little ribbon on event Pokemon I supposed if you could put one on by hacking/cheating it would work.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
  • Thanks for the post...Well, what is the criteria for "looking legit"?

And, how would one know what the "correct" stats are?

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Well in all the other games you used to be able to breed with just one pokemon and a ditto but i tryed it in platinum but it didnt work

Woah nvm it worked XD LOL

It should work with ditto and any pokemon as long as they are in a egg group,

which espeon is, are you sure it is not saying " they dont seem to like eacother " ?, that means you will have an egg it will just take more steps,

when he says " they prefer to play with other pokemons" then you wont have an egg.

Laichuu

IS....THE PAIN KILLER!
    Years
  • Correct stats would be stats that are COMPLETELY do-able.
    For example, Jirachi's base stats are 100 down the board. Your offer will be denied if your Jirachi has stats that deviate from said 100 stat. So since a lv. 100 Jirachi's highest possible HP stat can be 404 MAX, a Jirachi with a 410 HP stat will be denied by the GTS. There are also Event Ribbons, that restrict Event Pokemon from being bartered. Along with the Event Ribbons, Gamefreak programmed 4 (I believe) Ribbons that aren't available in the game WHATSOEVER. Meaning you would HAVE to hack to get said ribbons. Pokemon with those ribbons are also declined from the GTS.As for the Pokesav, yes you CAN make a pokemon look legit, and yes, they CAN be traded over GTS. I get hacked Poke's all the time from the GTS.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Is it possible to get more than 1 master ball in pokemon pearl??

Yes, you can in all but the Kanto games (R/B/Y/FR/LG) actually. You need to match up all 5 numbers of the lottery though, so good luck getting one.

In addition to this, you can try your luck by cloning your Master Ball at the GTS. To be on the safe side, if you have Pokémon Emerald, you can clone at the Battle Tower [in the Battle Frontier there] and it is 100% safe. If you do not want to clone, or you don't know how, you could always trade over some of your Master Balls in your other games [if you have the other games] as well.

gill777

Champ'Z trainEr
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    can any one help me????
    Where can I find darkrai in pokemon platinum????

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    can any one help me????
    Where can I find darkrai in pokemon platinum????

You cannot obtain Darkrai in Pokémon Platinum. Darkrai is only an event and currently, there is no events available for Darkrai. However, if you want a Darkrai, you could always ask for one in the Quick Trade Thread located in the Wi-fi Center of this forum. If not, then you could always wait for an event to come for one.

Years
  • Is there any way to get Pokemon Platinum to connect to My Pokemon Ranch IN AMERICA? I've got the latest update but it still says that the game is D/P only. Surely NIA isn't so lazy that they've denied us such a basic thing as that right? RIGHT?!

Edit: Excuse me while I go and brutally murder Reggie.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Help me please

Ok so i registered on this site earlier this week and in the wi-fi section people talk about EV and Iv alot and i have basic knowledge about it and read some guides but i need someone to put kinda tell me simpler as i wanna get into it.

Sorry if this is in wrong section thanks in advance guys :)

Kagura

..what?
    Years
  • Hey guys. So after the adventure of catching Heatran in Stark Mountain.. whats next? Fill the National Dex? I'm speaking in a general manner, I am already on a quest of catching the other Legendaries.

Years
  • Weird breeding problem in Platinum

Recently I finally decided what my team's going to be, and so I've started breeding Pokemon with the optimal IVs, abilities, and natures. I managed to breed a decent Scyther, Skarmory, Chansey, and Bagon with relatively little touble(it took only four tries to get a modest ChanseyXD). Shinx was tougher and I managed to fill up a box and a half to get a good one. Gastly however has proven a female dog to get.

Which brings me to this problem I've been having. I'm trying to get a modest, naive, or timid Gastly with Hidden Power Fire. I've filled up three and a half boxes in my pursuit, and only a handful of those are the right natures. What's more is that a lot of these Gastly seem to have the same natures. The ones that show up most are lax, serious, quirky, relaxed, and quiet. These natures showed up so much I began to suspect that I'd somehow induced a cloning method within the game. I've heard of these techniques in Emerald, but not the 4th gen games, and I dismissed the notion as implausible until I got two female naive Gastlys with HP electric almost back to back. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Last edited:
    Back