• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If you have a Lv.65 or higher team, you shouldn't have any problem at all beating the E4

It's never a good idea to balance EVs with 100 in each. Some Pokémon are (for example) meant for being fast and deadly, but fragile at the same time, so defenses don't matter on these [E.g. Jolteon, Weavile, Aerodactyl] ; other are meant to be solid tanks, and should be properly EVd (HP, Def, SPDef) [such as Bronzong, Blissey]; and then, other that can be powerful, yet defensive, as well (coughcoughtyranitarcoughcough). It all depends on the Pokémon.

Thanks dude... based on my team how should I distribute them
    Espeon... (Leads) Special Sweeper and sets up Yawn or Toxic for a switch
    Bronzong... A wall/tank?
    Girafarig... for immunity to Ghost
    Cresselia... Also a wall/tank?
    Manaphy (Uber), Starmie (Competitive)
    Gallade... Physical Sweeper

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Thanks dude... based on my team how should I distribute them
    Espeon... (Leads) Special Sweeper and sets up Yawn or Toxic for a switch
    Bronzong... A wall/tank?
    Girafarig... for immunity to Ghost
    Cresselia... Also a wall/tank?
    Manaphy (Uber), Starmie (Competitive)
    Gallade... Physical Sweeper

If you want help for a competitive battling team, you could always take a look at smogon. A quick link would be: Here

For more information on your team you could always go to the Pokémon Strageties and Movesets section following the rules, here on PC. You'd get a lot of help for your team there.

Hope this helps you...

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Yup the best pokemon to evtrain are
    Articane rampardos rhyperior
    umbreon ect..
    Basicly look for low level pokemon with high stats
    and start training them but remeber to ev train you need lots and lots
    of time good luck! :)

I have absolutely no idea why you would use those pokés. If he was going to look for low-level pokémon with high stats, he'd just hack a level 1 Deoxy-A or any other legend/uber.

Note to Kratosx: If you really are making a Police-themed team, it should probably be obvious to you to steer clear of the pokémon in the quote, other than Arcanine. As previous posters have said, you can build a team of dogs an dother pokémon police have used.

That said, go with what you like. If you don't like a specific pokémon, but many polie officers have used it, then don't use it. Pokémon is supposed to be an enjoyable game, so pick the pokémon that you enjoy.

Last edited:

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    There's no quick questions thread in Wifi, so I'm asking here. What are the details on Pokecommunity's ladder? I've seen it mentioned, but I've been gone for a long time and have no clue as far as details go. A link would be nice.

GameplayerHGSS

Back to Johto in HeartGold...!
    Years
    So would anyone here consider it cheatin if I traded my bulbasaur from my 100% Diamond file to my Platinum file which only has 2 badges? I need a good grass type and Venasaur is good indeed...

Theres nothing wrong with that is there? I'm not cheating

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I'd say that Breloom is your best option. It's more powerful than Roserade, and gets a 100% Accuracy sleep move, Spore. It can also have the ability Effect Spore, which can give your opponent's pokémon a status, whether it be Paralysis, Sleep or Poison. If you really want a sure-fire option for Poisoning, you can always teach it Toxic. IMO, it also has better typing.

EDIT: Why would you think there's anything wrong with that? They're both your files, and they're both legit. There's no problem with doing that.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    It really doesn't matter that much if you have two pokémon of the same type on your team, as long as they fill different roles. If they're both just there with the same attacks and doing the same thing, then that's bad. If you have different plans for each of them, like you seem to, it's fine.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So would anyone here consider it cheatin if I traded my bulbasaur from my 100% Diamond file to my Platinum file which only has 2 badges? I need a good grass type and Venasaur is good indeed...

Theres nothing wrong with that is there? I'm not cheating

No it's not cheating it's trading

Years
    Just woudering why is it that when there are different forms of pokemon the word form is always spetl forme?

Although that thread is now closed, I think I have something important to add to the matter. Forme is a term exclusive to Legendary Pokemon. So far, only Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin, and Arceus are the only Pokemon with "formes". All other Pokemon with form differences should not and do not have them referred to as "formes".

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Level up beldum

Hey, I've been playing my pokemon platinum game for a while now, and a swarm just happened at route 228 and i caught a beldum...
    Beldum are genderless so they can't have eggs, but beldum evolves at level 25[?]. My beldum is level 53. Does that mean it is impossible to get a metang or metagross in platinum?

Years
    As long as the Pokemon is past the level that it needs to evolve, it will evolve, so you can get Metang and Metagross in D/P/Pt. Just level it up and find out. Besides, Beldum breed with Ditto, so...

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Wifi Question

I'm playing my Japanese version of Pokemon Platinum and want to get a friend code, and I don't understand Japanese, but from the looks of it I have already set up Wi-Fi, but when I open the pal card thing to see my friend code, it's just an empty box! What to do?

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i entered my WEP # into the wifi connection setup, but when i try "test connection" it doesn't work. i even tried it while i was sitting right beside my wireless router. what else can i try so my wfc settings work?

[i'm new, so sorry if this question is irrelevant or doesn't belong here.]

Years
    Only solutions I can think of are:
    1. Disable the WEP key.
    2. Make sure that the WEP key is right.
    3. Manually edit in the SSID and WEP key in the connection settings.

Back