• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I mean... obviously I'm going to suggest Bibarel, as he can learn 7 of the HMs and is a decent tank. He's not such a great suggestion though, as he's UU and as such will really only work against some pokémon.

A great HM slave would be Empoleon. Empoleon can also learn 7 of the HMs (the only one he can't learn is Fly), and due to typing, he can be a great asset to a team. He can switch in on a ton of pokés because of his 11 resistances, and he can sponge hits while you heal up the rest of your pokés.

Yeah, I'm super tired, so I may have a few more to add in, but those are some good options to keep in mind.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Is there a way that I can change the main PokeDex picture of a Pokemon to it's other gender? For example, I first encounter a female Pikachu, that later encounter a male one. The female sprite becomes the main picture since it's first encounter in that gender, is it possible to change the main picture to the male one?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    what items/pokemon do people consider of worth in the 4th gen games? wanna get started trading to get stuff for teams and some shinys but am kinda unsure what I can do to get stuff valuable enough to trade for em can't work out poke radar chaining stuff and not sure how to EV train yet

I mean like are pokemon like just non siny pokemon worth anything? like feebas used to be rare in GBA games idk if they common in DS ones but I got alot but not sure if em not being shiny means I got nothing lol

guess this is just the dilema of being new but to be honest this question seems to be one noone asks

so yeah if anyone could maybe PM me a list of stuff that are good for trade items/pokemon i'd be so grateful or just rply here and i'll check back

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    what items/pokemon do people consider of worth in the 4th gen games? wanna get started trading to get stuff for teams and some shinys but am kinda unsure what I can do to get stuff valuable enough to trade for em can't work out poke radar chaining stuff and not sure how to EV train yet

I mean like are pokemon like just non siny pokemon worth anything? like feebas used to be rare in GBA games idk if they common in DS ones but I got alot but not sure if em not being shiny means I got nothing lol

guess this is just the dilema of being new but to be honest this question seems to be one noone asks

so yeah if anyone could maybe PM me a list of stuff that are good for trade items/pokemon i'd be so grateful or just rply here and i'll check back

Some good stuff you can trade is:
    * Feebas/Milotic (they're even rarer than in GBA!)
    * Starters
    * EV-Trained Pokés
    * Egg-moved Pokés
    * Legendaries(stupid to trade away unless you're gonna restart your game)
    * Pokés Holding Underground Items, such as Fossils and Heart Scales
    * Pokés impossible to get without using PalPark

Good egg moves you could try:
    * Feebas with Hypnosis: Spinda -> Psyduck -> Feebas(might be some easier, used that in Ruby)
    * Chimchar with Thunderpunch and Icepunch: Medicham -> Chimchar

Is there a way that I can change the main PokeDex picture of a Pokemon to it's other gender? For example, I first encounter a female Pikachu, that later encounter a male one. The female sprite becomes the main picture since it's first encounter in that gender, is it possible to change the main picture to the male one?

Get to Canalave City, in the guard-house before the city Lucas/Dawn's Father will give you an upgrade to the Pokédex, then you have to open the Dex Entry of the Poké you want to change pic of, and choose to display images of it. Then choose the other pic, and i think you'll have the right pic

I know that when you start using your cartridge with WiFi in a new DS it deletes your old friend code and your friend roster, right?

But are there any other negative effects I should worry about?

Just wondering because I plan on getting a DSi pretty soon. :D

I don't think there's any other effects...

1) I get most of my EV training pokemon from ditto breeding and I noticed that the baby's base stats dont match the ones shown on other sites. And my lv100 Heracross is a few IV's below the maximum. So would it be expected either way that the pokemon's stats born from a ditto should reach its max beneficial stats shown IF trained the recommended way and NOT if EV trained the wrong way?

2) When I EV train a base/partially evolved pokemon with Macho/Power items, I don't see any contribution counted during level up. Do they remain uncounted until it is fully evolved?

I'm not entirely sure about this, but i think they are added the next time you level up; at least it works that way with vitamins ;)

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Japanese Unown

In the english version of pokemon, the unown have the shape of the alphabet.
    But in the japanese version,what are the shape of the unown?
    They don't have letter.

shikitohno

The Turks Agent
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    hey..how can i drop my arceus lvl .
    so that can EVs train in max stat???
    please help..

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    hey..how can i drop my arceus lvl .
    so that can EVs train in max stat???
    please help..
    I am sorry but I don't think that you can drop a level in any pokemon game.... :(
    What's your Arceus's level anyway? Its not 100 is it?

groudonlover

Years
    You can't drop the level, but you can drop it's EVs.
    Use certain berries(those which says "Raises a Pokémon's Friendship, but also lowers it's base (...)", where (...) is the stat name), but if you have it on a high level it might be a good idea to use Vitamins first, so you don't get it to lvl 100 before it gains the EV's you want it to get.
    If it is at lvl 100, then, sorry, there's nothing you can do about it...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I mean... obviously I'm going to suggest Bibarel, as he can learn 7 of the HMs and is a decent tank. He's not such a great suggestion though, as he's UU and as such will really only work against some pokémon.

A great HM slave would be Empoleon. Empoleon can also learn 7 of the HMs (the only one he can't learn is Fly), and due to typing, he can be a great asset to a team. He can switch in on a ton of pokés because of his 11 resistances, and he can sponge hits while you heal up the rest of your pokés.

Yeah, I'm super tired, so I may have a few more to add in, but those are some good options to keep in mind.

Perfect answer. I've been training my Bidoof but...I gotta admit...that Pokemon drives me nuts. I'll think of checking out Empoleon. Thanks man.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Question concerning EV training...
    At what level do you start EV training?
    (Yes I know, N00b Question XP)

groudonlover

Years
    You can start at any level; just so you know, you only get numbers for every second EV Point, so if you give a Pokémon for example 50 Speed EVs, it will have +25; so you don't have to ask that too ;)

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
    Years
    Zero-the hero of light said:
    At what level do you start EV training

i wait until ive beaten the Elite four for competitive battles.Then i get the berries that delete your Pokemons Evs and start from scratch...Woot 100th post 0_o

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    You can start at any level; just so you know, you only get numbers for every second EV Point, so if you give a Pokémon for example 50 Speed EVs, it will have +25; so you don't have to ask that too ;)

Actually, stat points are only added for every fourth EV point, and any extra EVs are ignored, so 50 Speed EVs would only give +12 at Level 100.

At what level do you start EV training?
    (Yes I know, N00b Question XP)

It can start at any level, although the earlier, the better, as any experience gained in battles also grants EVs.

Last edited:
    Back