• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Cooltrainer Nick♂

Almost ready to battle again!
    Years
    Haha no my friend you could import Suicune from FireRed or LeafGreen. He was catchable after the national dex if you started with a Charmander. GBColour version of Gold/Silver > Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald <------ That isn't possible, lol

I didn't think so. xD
    I couldn't do it even if it was. I don't own any of the older generation games anymore apart from Red. :]
    Edit- I forgot, I used to own Ruby too. ;D

That's cool though, about FireRed/LeafGreen. I didn't know that.
    Again, it doesn't matter because I don't own either. xD

Last edited:

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    If there is any shaymin events, you will receive a Shaymin, therefore it won't matter if you have a hacked Shaymin or not. And most events cover all three versions, so you could probably get one in ur platinum.

Nope, the event was only a few days after the European Release of Platinum, and they had an old Mystery Gift Machine only compatible with DP; if i tried to recieve it it said it couldn't download it because it was incompatible with the game version... I was one of the first people in Sweden to have a Platinum at all :(:)
    That would technically mean i own a Shaymin right?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I'm pretty sure it's legit, but I want to make sure:

Articuno lv.100
    OT/ Jake
    IDNo. 03116
    Calm nature.
    Dec. 17, 2008
    Kanto (arrived @lv.50)
    Somewhat vain.
    Likes bitter food.
    HP384|Atk172|Def268
    SpAtk215|SpDef348|S204
    Reflect, Rest, Mind Reader, Sheer Cold
    Effort Ribbon

groudonlover

Years
    Magmar or Houndour?

It's that simple (Thinking which should go with my party in Platinum).
    Houndour, if you can't evolve Magmar into Magmortar; if you can, choose Magmortar.

I'm pretty sure it's legit, but I want to make sure
    Why shouldn't it be legit?
    Have you made a hacked copy of a Pokémon that you had on FR/LG, or have you got a Traded one or what?
    It seems legit to me "/

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Nope, the event was only a few days after the European Release of Platinum, and they had an old Mystery Gift Machine only compatible with DP; if i tried to recieve it it said it couldn't download it because it was incompatible with the game version... I was one of the first people in Sweden to have a Platinum at all :(:)
    That would technically mean i own a Shaymin right?

Me too I also bought platinum on the realease here in sweden as soon as the store opened, Im a regular at the store so they told me about shaymin so I went back to the store later that day with my friend who was going to buy platinum too,

And we both brought our ds lites and our DP games like the store clerk told me too when i bought platinum and then we both got shaymin

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Why shouldn't it be legit?
    Have you made a hacked copy of a Pokémon that you had on FR/LG, or have you got a Traded one or what?
    It seems legit to me "/

Trade. I've been wanting an Articuno with a decent nature that was caught with a regular PokeBall and I finally found one. I was just hoping it wasn't too good to be true.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    @Aki the Tanuki
    According the PsyPokes, and since I have no idea what the EV's could be..
    It looks legit.
    The only things I can tell you are..
    31 IV's in HP along with 252 HP in HP as well.
    It move set is legit.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Here's a question. I know that a Pokemon's stats can be raised or lowered up to a total of 6 stages with moves like Swords Dance, but how much exactly does one stage constitute? I'm making an educated guess that its a percentage as opposed to an actual number, but what is the percent? Furthermore, does all stat raising after the first stage give you points based on your normal amount in that stat, or does it calculate based on any boosts that you've had? If anyone can answer this, I'd be grateful.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Here's a question. I know that a Pokemon's stats can be raised or lowered up to a total of 6 stages with moves like Swords Dance, but how much exactly does one stage constitute? I'm making an educated guess that its a percentage as opposed to an actual number, but what is the percent? Furthermore, does all stat raising after the first stage give you points based on your normal amount in that stat, or does it calculate based on any boosts that you've had? If anyone can answer this, I'd be grateful.

I really can't help you here but i do think you should hit this question up in strategies and move sets as it has slight refferance to the metagame. Although you could check here for info i just don't know how benificial it will be to you. This section is more for in game problems such as being unaware of how to get a certain tm and the likes but your question hits upon the metagame. You would most definately get an answer over there

Years

Here they are:

6 Stages: x4
    5 Stages: x3.5
    4 Stages: x3
    3 Stages: x2.5
    2 Stages: x2
    1 Stages: x1.5
    0 Stages: x1
    -1 Stages: x0.66
    -2 Stages: x0.5
    -3 Stages: x0.4
    -4 Stages: x0.33
    -5 Stages: x0.29
    -6 Stages: x0.25

Years
    For Burmy, there is no difference between its 3 cloaks other than appearance.

Wormadam however has quite a few differences. These would be in their type, base stats, and the moves that they learn. Along with being Bug type, Plant cloak is also Grass, Sandy is also Ground, and Trash is also Steel. Plant cloak has more special oriented stats, Sandy has more physical oriented stats, and Trash has balanced stats. As for the moves they learn, the differences are too numerous but in a nutshell, Plant has more Grass moves, Sandy has more Ground and Rock moves, and Trash has more Steel moves. Additional details found here

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Houndour, if you can't evolve Magmar into Magmortar; if you can, choose Magmortar.

I think I'm going with Houndor. Since I'm playing it on a rom, I can't trade (Unless No$gba has some sort of trading program like Vba has Vbalink). So I can't evolve Magmar even If I would want to.

Another question, is there another way that I could get the original Evolution stones WITHOUT having to go into the Underground? Since it's an emulator, I can never turn on the DS Wireless communications and acess the underground.

Seeing as one of my main concerns is to get a water type, I was thinking of evolving my Eevee into a Vaporeon, which is a quick way to solve that issue.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Who are some of the best people to subscribe to on youtube for good quality Platinum Wifi Battles?

groudonlover

Years
    I think I'm going with Houndor. Since I'm playing it on a rom, I can't trade (Unless No$gba has some sort of trading program like Vba has Vbalink). So I can't evolve Magmar even If I would want to.

Another question, is there another way that I could get the original Evolution stones WITHOUT having to go into the Underground? Since it's an emulator, I can never turn on the DS Wireless communications and acess the underground.

Seeing as one of my main concerns is to get a water type, I was thinking of evolving my Eevee into a Vaporeon, which is a quick way to solve that issue.

If you're playing a ROM, you should transfer it to some sort of Flashcart, such as an R4DS or similar, that way you can activate WiFi.

If you don't have a Flashcart, you could try using a Save File Editor(Pokésav works great!), and i think NO$GBA has Action Replay built in right?
    If it has, then you can cheat yourself a Magmortar and some Evo-stones :)
    If using Pokésav, you can just open the Magmar in the Pokémon Modifier, and change it's Species to a Magmortar :)
    I did that on my R4 to get my Machoke to a Machamp

Back