• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
Years
  • Not unless it's in the Battle Frontier, that way you can however "steal" items from them.
    That means you can get multiple of items such as Leftovers without trading :)

Years
  • Buy them from the counter lady? It's really easy to get a lot of money to buy them with if you battle the Gentleman and Socialite in front of the Backlot Mansion on Route 212 (Amulet Coin and Luck Incense really help).

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Where's teh best location/ best trainer to rebattle for attack ev-training?

Thanks again d00dz.

edit: sorry for Platinum version haha - also preferably a trainer with many Pokemon since I've got myself a Power Bracer ;D

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Where's teh best location/ best trainer to rebattle for attack ev-training?

Thanks again d00dz.

A great place to EV train for Attack is in Route 212. In Route 212, there is both Kricketune and Bibarel which is useful as they both help you in Attack by 2 points. Another place to EV train in Attack would be in Route 202 where you can get 1 EV from Shinx. I'd recommend EV training in Attack in Route 212 as you'd get more EV's from Bibarel and Kricketune.

In my opinion, it's best to EV train in the grass instead of trainers as sometimes they wouldn't want to re-battle you again after you use the VS Seeker many times.
    Though for the pokémon in the grass that will raise your EV's in attack, you could always use the poké radar so you wouldn't have a hard time finding them after one battle with them.

Dark Nero

Feel The Darkness
    Years
  • Okay... l got my Members card viva WI-FI today, went to Canalave City, but the old door won't open.

Just wondering what i'm missing? and now that l have the Members Card for the future when the offer is over to get Darkrai l will still be able to catch him legitimately after l meet the requirements to open that door?

Dark Nero

Feel The Darkness
    Years
  • Did you beat the Elite Four (and Champion)? Get the National Dex? Do the Cresselia event?

Beat them, "saw" all 210 pokemon never did the Cresselia event, witch is in the same place, sleeping kid ect (same stuff off D/P when l did it there) so dander over catch Cresselia dander back to door and then opens?

Pretty obviously noobie thing l did wrong there not completing that part

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Beat them, "saw" all 210 pokemon never did the Cresselia event, witch is in the same place, sleeping kid ect (same stuff off D/P when l did it there) so dander over catch Cresselia dander back to door and then opens?

Pretty obviously noobie thing l did wrong there not completing that part

You do not necessarily have to catch Cresselia in order to do the Darkrai event. All you have to do is get the Lunar Wing [I think that's what it's called] from Cresselia and hand it to the Sailor with the little boy in Canalave City. After that, I guess you could check to see if you can open the locked door after.

Dark Nero

Feel The Darkness
    Years
  • Did you beat the Elite Four (and Champion)? Get the National Dex? Do the Cresselia event?

You do not necessarily have to catch Cresselia in order to do the Darkrai event. All you have to do is get the Lunar Wing [I think that's what it's called] from Cresselia and hand it to the Sailor with the little boy in Canalave City. After that, I guess you could check to see if you can open the locked door after.

Yep, thanks to both of you, obtained to Luner Wing (Cresselia flew off) and then spoke to the child, he woke up Salor came in had a chatter, left house went to the old house and it opened up, now spooky music playing and i'm off to get Darkrai, thanks you two, knew l was missing something

Last edited:
    Years
  • To migrate Pokemon, you need to have obtained the National Dex in Platinum by seeing all the Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex and showing it to Prof. Rowan. In the game you want to migrate from, you need to just get the Pokedex and have at least 7 Pokemon (1 in the party and 6 in the box).

You can rename your Pokemon in Platinum via the Name Rater in Eterna City. He will only do it for Pokemon you caught in that game. Traded and Migrated Pokemon can't be renamed.

I've tried the migrating process you suggested but the option of migrating from emerald to platinum doesn't show in the main menu when I restart my game.

Back