• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • If you have a not DSi, you just put the game in the GBA slot and then you choose the "Migrate from XXX" option on the continue screen on the D/P/Pt game. Of course, you'll need the National Dex first which you'll get from professor Rowan after seeing all 150 Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex (no need to catch).

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • If you have a not DSi, you just put the game in the GBA slot and then you choose the "Migrate from XXX" option on the continue screen.

So lemme get this straight, i put the game in the slot at the bottem of the ds, and i can trade between the two?

Years
  • The short answer is yes.

The technical answer is that you aren't "trading" per se. Rather, you're taking Pokemon from your GBA games and sending them to your DS games for good with no way of coming back to the GBA games. No Pokemon from your DS get sent over to the GBA games.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • In addition, here is the process of transferring Pokemon from a GBA game to a DS game.

On the main menu, click Migrate from Ruby or whatever. Then, pick any 6 Pokemon from your box. They cannot know HM moves. Delete HMs in Lilycove. Also, Pokemon cannot be returned to the GBA game, so decide wisely or clone beforehand. Once you select 6 Pokemon, they will be transferred so visit Pal Park and ask the employee to start a Catching Show. You'll have to catch your transferred Pokemon in the Pal Park. The Pokemon's locations are determined by their natural habitat. For example, a Sceptile will be found in the northwestern Forest, a Furret will be found in the central Field, and a Gyarados will be found in the southeastern Sea. Here is a complete list of Pokemon locations. Once you capture all 6, you will be given a score, a prize, and you must save the game. Think of it like a Safari game.

Pal parking is quite tedious, but it takes about 10 minutes. Typically, you can only Palpark 6 Pokemon every 24 hours per game pak.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Sweetie, a game pak is a game.. A game cartridge... Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and their colorful selves. o_O

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Yup, you can use the same method.
    Note that they must come from the same region, so if your D/P/Pt is european, you can import from european Ruby but not an US one.
    It is written on the GamePaks.

Also, there is a glitch where you can import unlimited Pokés in the PalPark, see http://pkmn.net/?action=page&id=8521 for the details

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    Hi,
    It is easy to transfer your Diamond, Pearl pokemon to your platinum game.I could rade it from Diamond, Pearl with no evolution problems in Platinum. I know this might ound kinda noobish, but I am planning on buying platinum soon and it would be cool if I could transfer all my breed pokemon to the game.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • I probally will but...

will i have any problems with the elite four with the following team:

slot 1:Empoleon lvl 63
    slot 2:Palkia lvl 47
    slot 3:Mesprit lvl 50
    slot 4:Anelf lvl 50
    slot 5:Floatzel lvl 29
    slot 6:Golem lvl 37

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Which game are you playing?
    And.. What moves do your Pokemon know?
    (You might want to teach them some TMs and level up Floatzel and Golem as they stand no chance.)

Years
  • Hi,
    It is easy to transfer your Diamond, Pearl pokemon to your platinum game.I could rade it from Diamond, Pearl with no evolution problems in Platinum. I know this might ound kinda noobish, but I am planning on buying platinum soon and it would be cool if I could transfer all my breed pokemon to the game.

There's pretty much no easy way to trade all your D/P Pokemon to Pt unless you have 2 DSs and trading between the two. If you have just a coupe of Pokemon you want to send over, then it's be fine, but don't expect to be able send all of them to Platinum.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • I play on Pearl Version
    empoleon knows hydro pump, blizzard, return, flash cannon
    floatzel knows surf, crunch, aqua jet, and swift
    golem knows earthquake, seldestruct, rockslide, and dig

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    And what about the other three Pokemon?
    Palkia, Mesprit, and Azelf?

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • palkia knows water pulse, ancient power, dragon claw, and spacial rend
    azelf and mesprit are kinda similar oin attacks, confusion, future sight and two others i cant remember

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    hello plaese answer.my friend kevin traded me a larvetar and then i evolved it all the way up to a tyranatar.dose that make the pokemon more mine then his.i mean the owner is still kevin.but is thare anyway to change that.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • Need to See 11 PKM

Were can I find the following PKM acording to the Sinnoh Dex:

Back