• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    is the aura sphere move for mewtwo(obtained at lvl100) only available when reaching lvl 100 - so if you are already at lvl 100 the use the palpark feature you cant get aura sphere for it?
    ~I have aura sphere on my mewtwo, but I just had a quick thought :D
    You can trade Heart Scales to teach Pokémon moves they learn on previous levels with a guy on Pastoria, so it's possible to migrate a Lv. 100 Mewtwo and then teach it Aura Sphere.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok.Its kinda EVing question, but.

Where are there trainers (preferably with one strong pokemon) who give EVs for:
    HP
    Defense
    Special Attack
    Special Defense

Obviously, they need to be vs. seeker challenge-available

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Unidentified Flying Aces@

For HP, you can battle the male Tuber on the beach close to the Valor Lakefront hotel. Do you understand where I mean? If you do;
    he has 4 (I think) Gastrodons, each of them gives 2 HP EVs each. With PokeRus and a Power item, you'll get done pretty quickly.

For Defense, just battle any Hiker who uses Geodudes/Gravelers/Onixes/Steelixes

For Sp. Attack, you can battle the Rich Boy next to the Pokemon Mansion on the route south of Hearthome City. He has a level 27 Prinplup.

For Sp. Defense.. I dunno, maybe you can battle someone who uses a Noctowl or something? But i'm not sure.

Hope this helped ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Ok.Its kinda EVing question, but.

Where are there trainers (preferably with one strong pokemon) who give EVs for:
    HP
    Defense
    Special Attack
    Special Defense

Obviously, they need to be vs. seeker challenge-available
    For HP, Cowgirl Shelley on Route 209, just south of Solaceon. For Defense, Collector Ivan on Route 221, near Pal Park. For Special Attack, Collector Douglas on Route 214 near the entrance to Sendoff Spring. I can't really remember any good trainers for Special Defense, I usually just train on Tentacools on Route 219.

These are Trainers from Diamond and Pearl, on Platinum some of them have different teams.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Ooh you're good, Jpp. He was indeed holding a quick claw. It never occurred to me a quick claw would have a visual effect as well.

Lokiman42

Water Type > Dragon Type
    Years
  • For goodness sake... I'm having a problem with the GTS. I've offered a pokemon for another, and that turned out fine. But why won't it allow me to trade a pokemon I have for one I want? Let me give an example:

I need a Feebas. So I used the seek option on the GTS and someone has one up and requesting a pachirisu for it. I have two. One level 1, and one level 12. It will NOT let me select them to complete the trade.... the trainer is not asking for a specific gender, and I don't see any level displayed either. I tried the same when I seeked an Abra, they were requesting a Gastly... I have that too. No luck... what am I doing wrong??

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    For goodness sake... I'm having a problem with the GTS. I've offered a pokemon for another, and that turned out fine. But why won't it allow me to trade a pokemon I have for one I want? Let me give an example:

I need a Feebas. So I used the seek option on the GTS and someone has one up and requesting a pachirisu for it. I have two. One level 1, and one level 12. It will NOT let me select them to complete the trade.... the trainer is not asking for a specific gender, and I don't see any level displayed either. I tried the same when I seeked an Abra, they were requesting a Gastly... I have that too. No luck... what am I doing wrong??

Is the person requesting a shiny Pachirisu?

Years
  • Is it possible that the Technican ability is a lot rarer than the Swarm ability on Scyther? I just caught 4 Scythers on Platinum, all of them have Swarm as their ability. I was always thinking abilities are 50-50... Or is this just coincidence?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Is it possible that the Technican ability is a lot rarer than the Swarm ability on Scyther? I just caught 4 Scythers on Platinum, all of them have Swarm as their ability. I was always thinking abilities are 50-50... Or is this just coincidence?
    If a Pokémon can have more than 1 ability, one of them is chosen randomly, so the chance of getting Techinician on a Scyther is 50%.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    Okay, well, I've hatched my Riolu Egg in platinum and trained it to level nine. I'm increasing it's happiness via Bitter-Sour Poffins. How many more poffin's will it take if Riolu's happiness is currently at 2 small hearts (Note that the Poffin's a lvl 32).

Years
  • Poffins don't increase happiness at all actually. Only leveling up, walking around, massages, and using items on it (such as healing items and vitamins) will raise its happiness.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2010
    Yes, they will breed a Treecko.

Thanks! Maybe I wasn't riding around enough for an egg to be produced. :[

Ugh I have another question, which I guess goes here too:

Is it possible to get a Teddiursa/Ursaring through breeding in D/P/Pt without actually having one of the aforementioned Pokemon? :[

Last edited:

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Quick battling mechanics question, if I have two different Pokemon who know Assist on the same team, is there a chance that they'd choose Assist and have it fail, or if it chose Assist would it just echo again and randomly choose a move?

Years
  • Assist cannot choose the following attacks:
    Assist
    Chatter
    Copycat
    Counter
    Covet
    Destiny Bond
    Detect
    Endure
    Feint
    Focus Punch
    Follow Me
    Helping Hand
    Me First
    Metronome
    Mimic
    Mirror Coat
    Mirror Move
    Protect
    Sketch
    Sleep Talk
    Snatch
    Struggle
    Switcheroo
    Thief
    Trick

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    Is Giratina Origin Forme worth using a Master Ball on? Because I've tried everything, and the dusk/timer/ultra balls will not hold Giratina in....

Back