• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

KinaWolf24

Unleash the Hounds
Years
  • Ok... I just calculated it's IVs with an IV Calculator thingy. I got a set of stats, a set of %, and a set of min and max numbers (not that I know what in the world to do with it...)

Years
  • how do u keep track of EV's? i've heard of something called an EV calculator(or something similar), is that how u do it? or do u write it down in a notebook or something? plz inform me! also what r IV's & how r they calculated?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • how do u keep track of EV's? i've heard of something called an EV calculator(or something similar), is that how u do it? or do u write it down in a notebook or something? plz inform me!
    You can either use the Pokétch Counter App or just mark them down on a piece of paper. I prefer to tally them in a notebook.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
  • My SID and ID

Hey everyone. Can someone help me find my SID for platinum? I don't own a action replay or know anyone with it. I really need it in order to get shiny eggs since i have the worst luck in finding a shiny pokemon. I've read somewhere that you can figure it out with pokesav or an action replay. So if you have either one and don't mind helping out a fellow pokemon lover,I will be online the whole day. MY friend code is:
    2578-9921-3227. I have masterballs and luckyeggs if you would like one. Thanks in advance.

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
    Years
  • I received a Pkmn off a person in a trade and it says Apparently met at Lv.0. Is that regular or hacked? Thanks for clarification ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Ok... I just calculated it's IVs with an IV Calculator thingy. I got a set of stats, a set of %, and a set of min and max numbers (not that I know what in the world to do with it...)

You need its exact IVs. Firstly, save the game. Then, make sure it has no EVs whatsoever. You can do this by feeding it berries (the 6 berries starting with Pomeg Berry and ending with Tamato Berry). Get at least 11 of each, then feed them to the Pokémon until its stats won't go lower (or until you run out). Once you've done that, you can get its IVs. The best way would be to get a large number of Rare Candies (try Pickup), then using this calculator. It allows you to input its stats for a number of levels; input the stats at its current level, then use Rare Candies on it and input its stats at each level until it gives you the exact IVs.

Now to work out your secret ID. I'm assuming you want to use it for RNG manipulation, so you should already have RNG Reporter. I'm pretty sure it has an SID calculator included (I think it's in the IV calculator section). Input your trainer ID and the Pokémon's IVs into that, and it will give you your secret ID.

Make sure the Pokémon is caught in the wild normally, though; a bred/chained/hatched/cheated Pokémon won't work. There's a separate function for chained ones, but you need to have several of those.

Melon

シエラ !✿
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Just wondering, when you clone pokemon using the GTS, is there a chance for your save file to get deleted?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Just wondering, when you clone pokemon using the GTS, is there a chance for your save file to get deleted?

Based on my experiences, your save file should never be erased because of how the DS saves...

You may see a message such as, "The save file is corrupted, the previous save file will be loaded," or whatever, but that is normal. Your game will load where you exit the GTS. No data lost.

If your Pokemon appears to disappear from the GTS, reconnect, although there is a slight chance that someone will trade for it. :(

Melon

シエラ !✿
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Based on my experiences, your save file should never be erased because of how the DS saves...

You may see a message such as, "The save file is corrupted, the previous save file will be loaded," or whatever, but that is normal. Your game will load where you exit the GTS. No data lost.

If your Pokemon appears to disappear from the GTS, reconnect, although there is a slight chance that someone will trade for it. :(

Ah, thats a relief. xD I was testing out cloning earlier today, but I got scared that my file might get messed up. If I lose a pokemon then thats okay. I just don't want to think about starting over on my pearl. Thanks for the help. (:

KinaWolf24

Unleash the Hounds
    Years
  • You need its exact IVs. Firstly, save the game. Then, make sure it has no EVs whatsoever. You can do this by feeding it berries (the 6 berries starting with Pomeg Berry and ending with Tamato Berry). Get at least 11 of each, then feed them to the Pokémon until its stats won't go lower (or until you run out). Once you've done that, you can get its IVs. The best way would be to get a large number of Rare Candies (try Pickup), then using this calculator. It allows you to input its stats for a number of levels; input the stats at its current level, then use Rare Candies on it and input its stats at each level until it gives you the exact IVs.

Now to work out your secret ID. I'm assuming you want to use it for RNG manipulation, so you should already have RNG Reporter. I'm pretty sure it has an SID calculator included (I think it's in the IV calculator section). Input your trainer ID and the Pokémon's IVs into that, and it will give you your secret ID.

Make sure the Pokémon is caught in the wild normally, though; a bred/chained/hatched/cheated Pokémon won't work. There's a separate function for chained ones, but you need to have several of those.

I've never trained it, so it doesn't have EVs. So all I have to do it lvl it using Rare Candies until the possible PID it gives me is exact, not just possibilities, and use it with the hex and binary functions on a calculator to get my SID, right? I looked up the process, but just got a bunch of possible PID numbers.
    *note to self*: Get a LOT of rare candies. lol

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey
    I am trying to breed a Tyrogue and it's saying the pokemon prefer to play with pokemon more then each other, will they still breed because it's taking a while

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • im pretty sure you can :O
    you can breed a tyrogue, just can use tyrogue as a parent :)

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
    Years
  • hello i would like to know how to breed bulbasaur and chikorita with leaf storm?
    pm me thanks

Back