• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Doubles after Power Anklet.
    For example:
    KOing a Pokemon that gives 1 speed EV while holding Power Anklet gives 1 + 4 = 5
    With Pokerus, it is 1 + 4 = 5 x 2 = 10 Speed EVs

so when i kill a pidgeot with +3
    it goes like this:
    3 + 3 = 6 x2 = 12?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • so when i kill a pidgeot with +3
    it goes like this:
    3 + 3 = 6 x2 = 12?
    A power item always gives +4 of the EV in the description, so Speed would be the Anklet.
    (Pidgeot + Power Item) x Pokerus = total EVs gained.
    (3 + 4) x 2 -> (7) x 2 = 14 EVs gained.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    A power item always gives +4 of the EV in the description, so Speed would be the Anklet.
    (Pidgeot + Power Item) x Pokerus = total EVs gained.
    (3 + 4) x 2 -> (7) x 2 = 14 EVs gained.

alright so ive trained my dunsparce from lv1-10 with starlys (+1 with speed)
    infected him with pokerus at lv4
    then from lv10-17 ive trained him with pidgeots (+3 in speed)
    the entire time hes held the power anklet.

whats the EVs on his speed right now?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • alright so ive trained my dunsparce from lv1-10 with starlys (+1 with speed)
    infected him with pokerus at lv4
    then from lv10-17 ive trained him with pidgeots (+3 in speed)
    the entire time hes held the power anklet.

whats the EVs on his speed right now?
    There's like...no way to tell based on that alone. You have to at least keep track of how many Pidgeys/Pidgeots you kill if you don't track EVs themselves.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    There's like...no way to tell based on that alone. You have to at least keep track of how many Pidgeys/Pidgeots you kill if you don't track EVs themselves.

id kill for a rough estimate right now lol

hes timid nature would that help?

i really appreciate any help you give mate

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • id kill for a rough estimate right now lol

hes timid nature would that help?

i really appreciate any help you give mate
    It would require like, a ton of math and guessing, and a LOT more information. Assuming this was done in Platinum, you would need a Pokémon in its mid-40s to kill Pidgeys. You also can't find Pidgeots or Pidgeottos in the wild and I can't think of any trainers that have more than one of any of those three or what levels they would be.

If it was done in HG/SS that's different, but if you're switching Pokémon then the Exp. is halved which doubles the pokémon killed and EVs gained.

I dunno though, I might be able to think of something...?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It would require like, a ton of math and guessing, and a LOT more information. Assuming this was done in Platinum, you would need a Pokémon in its mid-40s to kill Pidgeys. You also can't find Pidgeots or Pidgeottos in the wild and I can't think of any trainers that have more than one of any of those three or what levels they would be.

If it was done in HG/SS that's different, but if you're switching Pokémon then the Exp. is halved which doubles the pokémon killed and EVs gained.

I dunno though, I might be able to think of something...?

do what you can ^_^ any help you give will be greatly appreciated& ill give you 1pokemon on my thread free of charge ^_^

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I'm kinda doubting my math skills but, uh, this is what I have right now, assuming you stayed on Route 202 for wild Starlies, used only Dunsparce to faint them, and that Dunsparce wasn't traded from another game.

Dunsparce is in the Medium Fast group, meaning EXP = n^3
    EXP needed from level 1 to 17 is 17^3 = 4913 EXP
    With Starlies, level 1 to 10 is 10^3 = 1000 EXP
    1*56*2 = 112 / 7 = 16 (lvl 2)
    1*56*3 = 168 / 7 = 24 (lvl 3)
    1*56*4 = 224 / 7 = 32 (lvl 4)
    Average EXP gain per Starly = 24
    1000 / 24 = 41.666667 ~ 42 fainted total
    4^3 = 64 EXP to get to level 4
    64 / 24 = 2.666667 ~ 3 fainted w/o PokeRus

MEANING
    1 + 4 = 5 EVs * 3 fainted = 15 EVs
    (1+4)*2 = 10 EVs * 39 fainted = 390 EVs
    390 + 15 EVs = 405 EVs right now.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I'm kinda doubting my math skills but, uh, this is what I have right now, assuming you stayed on Route 202 for wild Starlies, used only Dunsparce to faint them, and that Dunsparce wasn't traded from another game.

Dunsparce is in the Medium Fast group, meaning EXP = n^3
    EXP needed from level 1 to 17 is 17^3 = 4913 EXP
    With Starlies, level 1 to 10 is 10^3 = 1000 EXP
    1*56*2 = 112 / 7 = 16 (lvl 2)
    1*56*3 = 168 / 7 = 24 (lvl 3)
    1*56*4 = 224 / 7 = 32 (lvl 4)
    Average EXP gain per Starly = 24
    1000 / 24 = 41.666667 ~ 42 fainted total
    4^3 = 64 EXP to get to level 4
    64 / 24 = 2.666667 ~ 3 fainted w/o PokeRus

MEANING
    1 + 4 = 5 EVs * 3 fainted = 15 EVs
    (1+4)*2 = 10 EVs * 39 fainted = 390 EVs
    390 + 15 EVs = 405 EVs right now.

so does that mean i maxed his speed EVs?

(start shoppin on my thread mate, your gettin 2pokemon of ur choice ;) )

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Yes, if my math is correct. Each stat maxes out at 255, though when EV training you only need to reach 252.

Knowing that, you would have had to faint 31 Starlies with just the Power Anklet (+155 EVs), or 15 with the Anklet and PokeRus (+150 EVs) assuming you used vitamins to get the base 100.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Yes, if my math is correct. Each stat maxes out at 255, though when EV training you only need to reach 252.

Knowing that, you would have had to faint 31 Starlies with just the Power Anklet (+155 EVs), or 15 with the Anklet and PokeRus (+150 EVs) assuming you used vitamins to get the base 100.

yay XD i maxed out his speed XD no wonder he out sped Glitchcitys Salamence& owned it with 1ice beam XD

how long would it take to do the same with special attack?
    from lv17 ^_^ (i dunno which pokemon increases sp.attack, i do know vileplume does +3)

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Old Chateau is the best place for SpA in DPPt, since all you'll encounter is Ghastly and they give 1 EV each. With the Power Item and Pokerus you only need to kill 15, then take the Power Item off and kill 1 to get to 252.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Old Chateau is the best place for SpA in DPPt, since all you'll encounter is Ghastly and they give 1 EV each. With the Power Item and Pokerus you only need to kill 15, then take the Power Item off and kill 1 to get to 252.

awesome thank you so much mate ^_^

i insist you head over to my thread& pick anythin ya like,anythin at all ^_^
    and leave a comment,or PM me with your wishlist ^_^

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Hopefully, this is permitted for this thread. Does anyone know in which game this particular VS scene is featured: the one where 'VS' is written in orange-red, and a black fissure runs across the screen behind the letters "VS". The VS sprites are frequently situated to the right of the "VS".

I've tried looking for a background render of this VS scene, but to no avail. The only one I see on SpritersResource is under Pokemon Platinum, but the "VS" is written in a different font and the 'fissure/crack' is not present in the backgrounds...

A website where I could find such a render would be greatly appreciated, but the game in which it is featured will suffice as well! Thanks in advance for the help! (I don't have any Gen IV games yet, so I've only been able to see the aforementioned VS scene on Internet screenshots...)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • with the massages in Velistone and a soothe Bell it shouldn't take very long

Edit: I just did this with an umbreon and it took me about 4 hours

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • How long does it take normally to get Eevee you get from Bebe to max happiness?
    If you have the massages available in the ribbon society, not long at all. It took me 2-3 days with just the soothe bell and massages. With the happiness berries it'll probably take even less time.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • The Soothe Bell doubles the happiness by any means, whether it's massages or feeding it berries/poffins or just riding around in circles. The happiness berries are also the EV reduction berries, which are Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa and Tamato.
    It'll work with 0 EVs, you'll just get a message saying "Pokémon's (stat) can't go any lower!"

Back