• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Once they're there, they're there. The only way to get rid of them or screw them up is with the happiness/EV reduction berries. So, yes, you can go around and kill random stuff/other trainers.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    i have a couple of questions about ev training... i know the basics of it... but i saw a video on youtube, and it showed a guy training up to 35 and then ev training. or something like that. does that mean that evs dont take affect until then? or what?
    You can start EV training as soon as your Pokémon hatches or as soon as you catch one in the wild. If you level one up to 35 then try to EV train it without first wiping out any existing EVs, it won't have the same effect. Ensuring that the Pokémon gets to level 35 or higher before you EV train means it'll be able to hold its own against most common hotspots, so you won't have to switch Pokémon in battle to get half the EXP gain and/or gain the advantage of EV inducing items.

Years
    You can start EV training as soon as your Pokémon hatches or as soon as you catch one in the wild. If you level one up to 35 then try to EV train it without first wiping out any existing EVs, it won't have the same effect. Ensuring that the Pokémon gets to level 35 or higher before you EV train means it'll be able to hold its own against most common hotspots, so you won't have to switch Pokémon in battle to get half the EXP gain and/or gain the advantage of EV inducing items.

Thanks for the reply. But now that you mentioned this, could i use the xp.share to quickly level a pokemon up to like 35, then use ev reduction berries to take out all of the ev's gained, so then it would be the same as rare candying a pokemon up to 35?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Thanks for the reply. But now that you mentioned this, could i use the xp.share to quickly level a pokemon up to like 35, then use ev reduction berries to take out all of the ev's gained, so then it would be the same as rare candying a pokemon up to 35?
    Eehhhh. Not entirely. Rare Candying up to 35 means it doesn't get any EVs at all, in any way, shape or form. Any stat boosts you see from leveling are automatically gained even if the Pokémon has no EVs (ignoring nature, they gain 1/50 of the BST no matter what). So if you hatch it and then use 34 rare candies it'll have 0 EVs all the way up.
    The only real difference between that and the Exp. Share is that, unless you keep track of which Pokémon you kill, you'll have EVs all over the place and not really know what EVs are where to know which berries to use. The only way to check that is with an AR or PokeSav.

Honestly though you can do either one, assuming you have enough of the aforementioned berries to use.

wert5679

Returning Trainer
    Years
    I was wondering, if you were to get Nintendo events using sendPKM would it be considered a hacked Pokemon or a clone?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I was wondering, if you were to get Nintendo events using sendPKM would it be considered a hacked Pokemon or a clone?
    From what I can tell, the Pokémon you get from SendPKM are the legit events, so I guess it'd be a clone...? Hacked events are like the Deoxys from the mining museum or Arceus obtained outside of Toys R Us...I really don't know though. I can't find a lot of information about SendPKM.

Years
    Eehhhh. Not entirely. Rare Candying up to 35 means it doesn't get any EVs at all, in any way, shape or form. Any stat boosts you see from leveling are automatically gained even if the Pokémon has no EVs (ignoring nature, they gain 1/50 of the BST no matter what). So if you hatch it and then use 34 rare candies it'll have 0 EVs all the way up.
    The only real difference between that and the Exp. Share is that, unless you keep track of which Pokémon you kill, you'll have EVs all over the place and not really know what EVs are where to know which berries to use. The only way to check that is with an AR or PokeSav.

Honestly though you can do either one, assuming you have enough of the aforementioned berries to use.

so, since, i have pokemons that i have faught numerous battles with, but now decided to ev train them, would it be ok to use the berries? would like tell me that the berie wont have any effect?(meaning its at 0 ev's?). I am a tad confused.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    does anyone hav a full list of pokemon you can see in the pokedex on platinum?
    so i know which pokemon i wont be able to find over GTS

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    so, since, i have pokemons that i have faught numerous battles with, but now decided to ev train them, would it be ok to use the berries? would like tell me that the berie wont have any effect?(meaning its at 0 ev's?). I am a tad confused.
    When you have a Pokémon like that, that's the only time you actually use the berries to reduce their EVs. The issue only comes up with knowing how many berries you'll need total. If your Pokémon has over 100 EVs in a stat already, the first berry will reduce it to 100, so it'll take 11 berries to completely wipe out the stat.

does anyone hav a full list of pokemon you can see in the pokedex on platinum?
    so i know which pokemon i wont be able to find over GTS
    You can get credit for every Pokémon in some way, but without any outside aid, these are the ones missing inside the game. That list leaves out Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, the Regis, Regigigas, Manaphy and Phione.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    When you have a Pokémon like that, that's the only time you actually use the berries to reduce their EVs. The issue only comes up with knowing how many berries you'll need total. If your Pokémon has over 100 EVs in a stat already, the first berry will reduce it to 100, so it'll take 11 berries to completely wipe out the stat.

You can get credit for every Pokémon in some way, but without any outside aid, these are the ones missing inside the game. That list leaves out Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, the Regis, Regigigas, Manaphy and Phione.

not wat i asked mate.

i know which pokemon are unobtainable

wat i asked was which pokemon cannot be SEEN on platinum threw trainer battles, or the wild.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    o look another hack

I bought a second-hand copy of Pokémon Pearl to help me complete my PokéDex, and the previous owner has hacked it to pieces. Her Staraptor has stats through the roof and its moves all have 95 PP. There are a bunch of obviously hacked Shinies in her PC box, and she has 900 of every item.

My question is - I just want to use the game to legitimately catch the version exclusives I'm missing from Diamond and Platinum. I'm not fond of resetting as she's cleared the Pokémon League, which means I've got access to every location I need to catch the V.E.'s. But is it safe to transfer the Pokémon I catch over to my other games? Can any of the hacked/corrupted data go with it? >:

Athankya for any help in advance. ❤

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    My question is - I just want to use the game to legitimately catch the version exclusives I'm missing from Diamond and Platinum. I'm not fond of resetting as she's cleared the Pokémon League, which means I've got access to every location I need to catch the V.E.'s. But is it safe to transfer the Pokémon I catch over to my other games? Can any of the hacked/corrupted data go with it? >:
    Since you don't know how they hacked the Pokémon, you really can't know if it'll screw up your game file in any way. If the game file on the Pearl itself is okay, you should be fine, but if you'd rather be extra safe about it then I wouldn't transfer them over.
    And yeah, it can spread from file to file, which would be easier to tell if you knew exactly how it was hacked. Since most hacks alter the game file itself, transferring them could bring the same alterations over to the other game.

where do i get the national dex? pro. Rowan?
    Yep.

https://www.serebii.net/platinum/nationaldex.shtml#list if the location is not on the list probably you can find it. Good luck.
    That's for filling the Sinnoh Dex in order to get to the National Dex. When it comes to filling the National Dex, it depends on how many other Pokémon games you have, since some of them are dongle-exclusive:
    Ruby: Seedot/Nuzleaf, Mawile, Zangoose, Solrock
    Sapphire: Lotad/Lombre, Sableye, Seviper, Lunatone
    Emerald: Teddiursa/Ursaring, Pineco, Shuckle, Gligar*
    FireRed: Caterpie/Metapod, Ekans/Arbok, Growlithe, Elekid*
    LeafGreen: Weedle/Kakuna, Sandshrew/Sandslash, Vulpix, Magby*

* - Only if you have Diamond/Pearl, you can easily get them in Platinum.

I'm also pretty sure that you get credit for Sandslash, Ninetales and Arcanine, but I'm not positive. This is also based off of ones I'm missing, since I only own Ruby and depend on SoulSilver for credit.

Last edited:

Years
    Since you don't know how they hacked the Pokémon, you really can't know if it'll screw up your game file in any way. If the game file on the Pearl itself is okay, you should be fine, but if you'd rather be extra safe about it then I wouldn't transfer them over.
    And yeah, it can spread from file to file, which would be easier to tell if you knew exactly how it was hacked. Since most hacks alter the game file itself, transferring them could bring the same alterations over to the other game.

I'm going to guess PokéSav. All of her Pokémon have stupid amounts of PP (95/5 for Hydro Pump? Really?), she has never-ending money and 999 of every item, PokéBall, etc. And every Event ticket, but I'm guessing that's AR.

If I reset the game, will my new game be okay?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I'm going to guess PokéSav. All of her Pokémon have stupid amounts of PP (95/5 for Hydro Pump? Really?), she has never-ending money and 999 of every item, PokéBall, etc. And every Event ticket, but I'm guessing that's AR.

If I reset the game, will my new game be okay?
    You can get stupid amounts of PP with AR too, but like I said, since you don't really know it's better to be safe.

I'm like 90% sure that hacking only alters the game save file, not the cartridge, so if you start over you should be good.

Years
    You can get stupid amounts of PP with AR too, but like I said, since you don't really know it's better to be safe.

I'm like 90% sure that hacking only alters the game save file, not the cartridge, so if you start over you should be good.

Sounds good. I'll try restarting and see how the game runs. Thanks for your help! :D All this fuss over a Glameow, idk.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    1 xD

Na....Bulbapedia says 1530 minimum steps.

So, if that's before Flame Body......765 steps.

But I doubt it, so I'd guess 1530 steps.

Back