• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Popuri

~Eievui~
    Years
    Thanks guys, although I have no berries it only appears to take less than 25,600 steps to get eevee to max happiness, so I shall bike around for awhile.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    there a way to improve the odds of hatching a shiny?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    so if i got a japense ditto, and bred it with any of my pokemon the odds are higher?

or would both need to be from a foreign language?

you would have a chance of 1 in 2000

basically cuttin the odds against you by 3/4ths

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
    Years
    Question about trading and Exp.

Hi, I have a question.

I'd like to train my pearl's pokémon to lv.100 and to make it easier I'd like to trade it to another game to get more Exp. The problem is I only have one DS and I don't know anyone else who has one.

So the question is if I asked someone here on PC to trade my Pokémon to them and then they'd trade them back would the Exp. they gained on my game after the trade still be more?

Thanks

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Sorry, that will not work.

If the Pokemon is traded back to the original game it started on it does NOT get the Experience Boost. The Experience Boost is based on the Original Trainer and ID number.

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
    Years
    Sorry, that will not work.

If the Pokemon is traded back to the original game it started on it does NOT get the Experience Boost. The Experience Boost is based on the Original Trainer and ID number.

1. If it was you who moved my thread, thanks, I didn't know where to put it.

2. That's bad. It's so difficult to train them with only the Lucky Egg to help.

3. I guess I could ask someone here to trade them to my HeartGold (are there people willing to do that?)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Your post was more of a question than a trade. :P

Your best option is to use the Quick Trade Thread to post for transfer help and then wait until some kind soul contacts you through VM/PM.

The Pokemon traded from Pearl to Gold will receive the boost.

Popuri

~Eievui~
    Years
    Why does my Eevee hate me? I did the math and it takes approx. 25,600 steps to get ~200 happiness added with the soothe bell equipped, which would mean adding 200 to 70, equaling max happiness. I walked more that many steps, and my Eevee is only in the 150-199 range of happiness. Any explanations?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    could i pass vine whip on my male chikorita onto its children if bred with a ditto?

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Did anybody ever soft reset in diamond to get a shiny starter? How long did it take and also does it show it shiny on the screen when you are picking one or when you battle it?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Why does my Eevee hate me? I did the math and it takes approx. 25,600 steps to get ~200 happiness added with the soothe bell equipped, which would mean adding 200 to 70, equaling max happiness. I walked more that many steps, and my Eevee is only in the 150-199 range of happiness. Any explanations?
    I might have given the wrong information, but apparently the Soothe Bell only gives +1 to happiness no matter the event. A Veilstone City massage is +3 happiness, with the Soothe Bell it's +4.
    256 steps = +1 in happiness +1 from Soothe Bell = +2 in happiness
    250 in happiness = 125 step "cycles" * 256 steps = 32,000 steps
    255 = ~128 "cycles" * 256 steps = 32,768 steps

I'm sure you haven't, but just make sure you never put it in the PC box, trade it, or use any of the "herbal supplements" on it. (Energy/Heal Powder, Energy Root, Revival Herb)

could i pass vine whip on my male chikorita onto its children if bred with a ditto?
    Yep.

Did anybody ever soft reset in diamond to get a shiny starter? How long did it take and also does it show it shiny on the screen when you are picking one or when you battle it?
    I'm pretty sure you just need to wait until you see its sprite. That's how it was in Ruby and that's how it is in HG/SS, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same for DPPt.

Last edited:

Popuri

~Eievui~
    Years
    32,889 steps. The girl gives me the message: "It's very friendly toward you. I can tell you treat it kindly." That doesn't sound like max to me D:
    I'm thinking it had something to do with the fact that I "moved" the soothe bell from budew to eevee through usage of the box when I first got my eevee. I think the game might not have registered my eevee having it equipped.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    The Scale is on wild Relicanth, Chinchou and Lanturn; the tooth is on wild Carvanha and Sharpedo.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    where are the deep sea tooth&scale located in Platinum?

sharpedo carry the tooth

and the scale is usually on........ i think corsola, i might be wrong on that one, but the tooth is definitely on sharpedo, who you can catch in the great marsh with the super rod :D

TheDeadpool

My common sense is tingling!
    Years
    i have a couple of questions about ev training... i know the basics of it... but i saw a video on youtube, and it showed a guy training up to 35 and then ev training. or something like that. does that mean that evs dont take affect until then? or what? and also... where can i get a macho brace in pearl or hg? :] thanks in advance.

Back