• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    Hey guys, I had a question that has been bugging me for a bit. My friend traded me a charmander egg that he breeded from a charazard. Is there anyway to tell from a legit pokemon and a fake PKM?

Go with Piplup or Chimchar!!!!!! Turtwig sucks!!! So does the majority of the grass starters.
    I'm planning on getting a platnium sometime this week. Which starter should I pick. I was thinking Chmiar. Let me know why?

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    you could post its details on here and we can give our "Expert" opinion on whether its hacked or not but if your friend breed it, it is most likely legit.

@LTSang I would go with Chimchar for your first run but if you want a really cool pokemon go with Turtwig it is a great pokemon.

Dispiacere

The Shama Llama
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 3, 2011
    Amazing luck in Nuzlocke Challenge

Ok, so I decided to do the Nuzlocke challenge in Diamond. Along with the basic rules I allowed myself 1 pokemon fossil. Well so I am motoring along to get to the pokemon daycare and I get ready to catch my newest pokemon in the grass before the town. And low and behold, its a Chansey!! I was able to catch it, I couldn't believe how lucky I was. Not only that, I almost pooped myself when I saw that she was holding a Lucky Egg!!!!
    So, considering I need Chansey to know a good offensive move for this challenge, what should I teach her or what should I do?

For anyone who doesn't know what a Nuzlocke challenge is, its special rules for playing pokemon. The base rules are

1. When a pokemon faints its considered dead and you have to release it
    2. You can only catch the first pokemon you see on every route
    3. Once all your pokemon die you have to restart the game

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Hey guys, I had a question that has been bugging me for a bit. My friend traded me a charmander egg that he breeded from a charazard. Is there anyway to tell from a legit pokemon and a fake PKM?
    PokéCommunity's Official "Check My Pokémon" Thread

So, considering I need Chansey to know a good offensive move for this challenge, what should I teach her or what should I do?
    Eh, Chansey should not be attacking, but if she must, try Ice Beam or Flamethrower. She excels at using supporting moves such as Softboiled (works like an HM in party), Toxic, Heal Bell (tutor), Light Screen, Stealth Rock...

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
    Pokerus is a "disease" that a Pokemon very rarely picks up by battling wild Pokemon (the chances of getting it are even less than seeing a shiny Pokemon). This virus is beneficial because it doubles the EVs your Pokemon gets after defeating another Pokemon. You can tell if a Pokemon has Pokerus by looking at its summary. If you see "PKRS," then that Pokemon has Pokerus. To spread Pokerus, put the infected Pokemon and the Pokemon you want to infect in your party, then walk around and/or engage in a few battles. Later, your other Pokemon will be infected.

However, Pokerus goes away in a few days, when it will be replaced by a dot in R/S/E or a smiley face in D/P/Pt/HG/SS. To prevent Pokerus from going away, put the infected Pokemon in the PC.

I thought the effects stayed?

EPIC Shedinja Hollow

Fallen Angel
    Years
    I thought the effects stayed?

The SPREADING of the Pokemon Virus will stop, but the doubling of EVs will stay permanently with that Pokemon. If the Pokemon is in your party, it will spread the virus, and it will wear off in about a day or two. Box it away to "freeze" it. It's a very beneficial effect for when EV training. I hope that answers your question. :3

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It actually wears off if your pokemon is outside of the pc box when your clock turns over to a new day.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Quick Question:

I want to restart my Platinum, but I have already got that Secret Key event to change Rotom. If I restart Platinum will that Key go away forever?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, the Secret Key dissappears, as do Oak's Letter and the one to get Darkrai (I had those, restarted, they went).

nm legend

Years
    hey umm i would like to know when i can obtain the fc for diamond....and where the first gym leader is at as im sure that has to do with obtaining the fc...(my lil brother is in an other part of the region and im kinda lost)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    hey umm i would like to know when i can obtain the fc for diamond....and where the first gym leader is at as im sure that has to do with obtaining the fc...(my lil brother is in an other part of the region and im kinda lost)

The first Gym Leader (Roark) is located in Oreburgh City. If you go north of Jubilife and turn right when you see an opening, it will lead you there. Of course you'll have to battle some trainers before reaching Orebrugh, but you'll see an entrance to a cave. Enter the cave and as you go straight across you will reach Oreburgh City. :)

After battling Roark and winning, you will have access to downstairs of the Pokémon Center. Go there and the lady in there will ask and explain a few things to you; one of those things being how to receive your Friend Code. After she finishes telling you about the room, talk to anyone of the other ladies there and then you will be asked to see your Friend Code.

Good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Hey. I was wondering if, when you breed hacks, the eggs are also considered hacks? Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Hey. I was wondering if, when you breed hacks, the eggs are also considered hacks? Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Pokémon that are bred with hacked Pokémon are considered legit. They won't become unlegit unless you modify them with a hack engine or cheat of some sort.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Are Lady Kylie and Rich Boy Roman a brother and sister on a date (but unaware of it)? They are the couple at the top and center of the restaurant in Valor Lakefront.

If you talk to Lady Kylie, she says she will battle you if you don't tell her date that her dad owns the restaurant. If you talk to Rich Boy Roman, he says he has to hand it to his father, the hors d'oeuvres are great.

Then when you defeat them, they both say, "How could I lose in Papa's restaurant!"

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Are Lady Kylie and Rich Boy Roman a brother and sister on a date (but unaware of it)? They are the couple at the top and center of the restaurant in Valor Lakefront.

If you talk to Lady Kylie, she says she will battle you if you don't tell her date that her dad owns the restaurant. If you talk to Rich Boy Roman, he says he has to hand it to his father, the hors d'oeuvres are great.

Then when you defeat them, they both say, "How could I lose in Papa's restaurant!"
    I have no idea really, but from the info given I guess they're siblings.

...Though, it's possible that the random trainer generator (as the trainers are random every day) happened to pair them together. In that case I guess it could be considered a glitch.

Back