• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Quick Question...

lucawesome

Voice Acting Trainer
Years
  • I just need to know what the usual level is when people battle each other in local wireless so I can get my team ready, just in case I get challenged when I go to the Darkrai giveaway. Thanks in advance!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • well, just have various Pokemon at various levles.... sometimes it's 100, sometimes 50.... sometimes in a range (60-90, for example)

Cid

Years
  • Hmm... Usually, lvl 100. Though you could see some who are level 50-70... Anyway, I just don't see anyone who battles with lvl 1-49 Pokemon...

Kirioroshi

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    if your battling online, why dont you either make your pokemon 50 or 100?

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • Well, he said Local Wireless, not online. But even still, there's a 'lv. 50 all' and a lv. 100 all' rule to help you out. THe game will automatically jack your Pokemon's levels up or down to suit the rule. As long as they have all the moves and EVs you need them to have, then your training is done.

zamaskowany

~Godot~
    Years
  • I fight only with 100lvls Pokemons. Sadly, I have only 2 EV trained pokemons (breeded and raised by me). But I am breeding now Chansey, so there will be third :)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Well, he said Local Wireless, not online. But even still, there's a 'lv. 50 all' and a lv. 100 all' rule to help you out. THe game will automatically jack your Pokemon's levels up or down to suit the rule. As long as they have all the moves and EVs you need them to have, then your training is done.

I thought that was only on Wi-fi??
    Seeing as I was unable to find where to set them in local wireless the other day...

lucawesome

Voice Acting Trainer
    Years
    Really? Would you mind explaining how exactly you do it? I don't think I've been able to figure it out yet. Either that, or I just don't pay much attention since I mainly battle on Wi-Fi. xD

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    i dont even have anything level 100 that i didnt get in a trade. everything i train stops about level 76

and depending on the rules of the game or battle it will either auto everyone to level 50 or auto everyone to the highest level between the two trainers. be it 51-100

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Local wireless battles do not alter your Pokémon's levels according to the rules in place.

Here are the local wireless mode rules for Double and Single battles -

NO RESTRICTIONS-
    Any Pokémon may enter, regardless of species and level.
    Having more than 1 of the same hold item and/or Pokémon is allowed.
    You may enter with a minimum of 1, to a maximum of 6 Pokémon.

STANDARD Cup-
    All Pokémon must be Lv. 50 or less.
    Certain Ubers are banned.
    You are not allowed to have more than 1 of the same Pokémon or hold item.
    You can only enter with 3 Pokémon in your party.

FANCY Cup-
    All Pokémon must be Lv. 30 or less, and their combined levels cannot exceed 80.
    Certain Ubers are banned, as well as Evolved Pokémon.

LITTLE Cup-
    All Pokémon must be Lv. 5 or less.

LIGHT Cup-
    There is a maximum weight limit of 218 lbs.

DOUBLE Cup-
    Certain Ubers are banned.
    You can only enter with 4 Pokémon in your party.

From this, you should be able to tell what the ideal levels are :P
    Personally, I would be using the no restrictions rule, and use my fully trained Lv. 100 Pokémon. If you level a Pokémon up to even 51, then it will be unusable for all of these rules except "no restrictions".

Back