• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    So I'm relatively new to hacking I've been working on an Emerald hack and I foolishly didn't make backups frequently and the rom won't load anymore. It was working up until I changed some mons' types and attacks. As well as some TMs and moves. Please someone help, I don't wanna be set back several hours

Last edited by a moderator:

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
    Years
    Small question.
    Why can't I edit palletes in nse? it won't let me replace the palletes for some reason.
    Quick Questions & Answers

Any help would be appreciated!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Small question.
    Why can't I edit palletes in nse? it won't let me replace the palletes for some reason.
    -snip-
    Any help would be appreciated!

If you want to replace the whole palette, you need to go to "File>Import>Import Color Table".
    Then, you need to click "Load", select an indexed image that has your needed palette, preferably the same one as the one you imported, and then click "Import". Don't forget to save.
    You could also go to the palette's location in APE (Advanced Palette Editor) and edit it there, if you plan on changing just a few colours.

Last edited:

Sam_Paco94

SamPaco94
    Years
    Please Help ;)

I wanna modify an EUR version of pokémon soul silver to make some changes:

1-I want to change starters to make them all from kanto (Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur) and later in the game, you can receive the Jhoto ones from Professor Oak

2-I want to create a new item, make it be available at shops with five medals, and that some pokemons can evolve through it, the ones that you have to trade with someone in order to make them evolve

3-I want to change the sprite, mini sprite and the pokemons of the champion

I want to make it because of my older brother, he rarely plays a pokemon game and he only want to play with a first generation party but with a good graphic cuality so i hope someone can help me with this project

please i needed kind of right know please he wants to start next wednesday max next thursday

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
    Years
    If you want to replace the whole palette, you need to go to "File>Import>Import Color Table".
    Then, you need to click "Load", select an indexed image that has your needed palette, preferably the same one as the one you imported, and then click "Import". Don't forget to save.
    You could also go to the palette's location in APE (Advanced Palette Editor) and edit it there, if you plan on changing just a few colours.
    Thanks, really appreciate it!

Kimonas

%string not found
    Years
    Does anybody know of an Image Editing tool for linux that does what the Brush Tool in MS Paint does when the right click is held (change the pixels of the primary color with the secondary)?

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
    Hi everybody, does anyone know if there is a Sava Editor with a ini file ? I need one to do some tests in my rom faster, but when tried A-save, the .sav was corrupted...I use Mr Dollsteak's attack and decap rom base for information...

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    How do I tell my Pokemon Fire Red hack that breeding Manaphy gives me a Phione, yet Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy? Is there a breeder editing tool of some sort? I apologize if this question has been answered but I searched as many of these posts as I could, but there are 103 pages.

Trainer_Doge

The Wow Trainur
    Years
    How do I tell my Pokemon Fire Red hack that breeding Manaphy gives me a Phione, yet Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy? Is there a breeder editing tool of some sort? I apologize if this question has been answered but I searched as many of these posts as I could, but there are 103 pages.

If you use YAPE, you can set Manaphy's evolution to Phione with "Breeding only" or something like that

Hi everyone. Does anybody know how to edit the dialogue of Oak and Gary in the script of going outside Pallet Town and Oak calls you? The only dialogue that I could edit is Oak's dialogue while they are still outside the lab... This one's Firered, i forgot to mention the game

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    If you use YAPE, you can set Manaphy's evolution to Phione with "Breeding only" or something like that

Thank you, I used Gen 3 Hacking Suite and set it to that. I'll test later to ensure it works.

I do have another question to anyone capable of answering. Is there a way to have Professor Oak give you the national dex right off the bat when he gives you the pokedex? Is there something in the script I can edit to change it from region dex to national dex? Again, Pokemon Fire Red.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2023
    Quick question so im not doing it the wrong way
    what is the correct order of patching the JPAN Hacked engine and Mrdollsteak his decap base patch.

Firered Rom -> Clean firered patch -> hacked engine patch -> decap patch

or

Firered Rom -> Decap patch -> clean firered -> hacked engine

or

Firered Rom -> Clean firered -> Decap -> Hacked engine

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Alright, so I've figured out how to not have the red screen crash when I want a sprite to disappear after trainerbattle. However, the sprite does not disappear until after I've activated them (pressing A), in which case the screen flashes and the sprite remains until I leave the map and return.
    So what am I doing wrong? I've tried waitkeypress and no matter what, I can't find any documentation to make a trainer disappear after battle. It seems 0x3 and 0x1 both work the same way, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.
    Am I missing something fundamental here in regards to scripting?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Quick question so im not doing it the wrong way
    what is the correct order of patching the JPAN Hacked engine and Mrdollsteak his decap base patch.

Firered Rom -> Clean firered patch -> hacked engine patch -> decap patch

or

Firered Rom -> Decap patch -> clean firered -> hacked engine

or

Firered Rom -> Clean firered -> Decap -> Hacked engine

Firered Rom -> Decap -> JPAN's engine is the correct order.
    This base IS compatible with Jpan's Hacked Engine. Though you will need to apply this rombase FIRST, otherwise the decapitalised scripts will overwrite the free space and various tables in there.

Years
    Alright, so I've figured out how to not have the red screen crash when I want a sprite to disappear after trainerbattle. However, the sprite does not disappear until after I've activated them (pressing A), in which case the screen flashes and the sprite remains until I leave the map and return.
    So what am I doing wrong? I've tried waitkeypress and no matter what, I can't find any documentation to make a trainer disappear after battle. It seems 0x3 and 0x1 both work the same way, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.
    Am I missing something fundamental here in regards to scripting?
    ]

Trainerbattle 0x0 ends the script execution, try 0x1, so script continues after a battle. Also, no need to set person's flag. The command hidesprite does it automatically.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
    TWO QUESTIONS:

Is there a way to set the IV of a pokemon with a script?

The other question is:

Is there a Save editor working with a ini ??

Years

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Trainerbattle 0x0 ends the script execution, try 0x1, so script continues after a battle. Also, no need to set person's flag. The command hidesprite does it automatically.
    Alright, removing the flag causes the person to disappear when activating them after the battle only to reappear immediately, which is why I thought I needed a flag to begin with (I had this trouble when I first started doing pokeball item scripts.)
    Setting a flag makes them disappear, but only when activating them after battle. The only trainerbattle parameters it allows me to do are trainerbattle 0x0 0x009 0x1, so when you say try 0x1 I assume you mean trainerbattle 0x1, which it won't allow me to do.
    I studied Diego's tutorial a little more last night, and I'm wondering if I shouldn't be using the gym battle as a template, as the trainers I want to disappear are sort of special events like gym leaders would be.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
    1.Yeah, you need to write a custom routine and then callasm. See this thread:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=347391

2.What do you mean a save editor? What exactly do you want to change?

Ok thank you, I want to change my badges and my pokemons, I ended the base of my hack, but I don't have the time to play it all along to seek for bugs...I wanted to use one of the existing save editors, but I changed tje offsets of pokemons etcs... So it says my file save is corrupted...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back