• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
Years
  • Hi thanks for helping! This is my script:
    Spoiler:

Ive also noticed that the lock and faceplayer commands stops working after I receive the pokemon.
    Quick question is it best to create and insert new maps rather than edit old ones?
    Also this is the script for player name \v\h01. what is it for rival name? Is there list of these I can get from somewhere or is it just these 2?
    Here are some screenshots.

As far as i know , you cant insert new maps you can only edit old ones resize it and etc..

And for the rival and player name script . if you are using XSE latest version i guess you can use this instead :
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    Not sure if you saw it, but look back a page or two at my reply to your original post about that. I'm assuming that's what happened to you. If not, I'm not sure, then; my knowledge of mapping and sprites is very limited.

Edit: Either it didn't post or I'm overlooking it. Anyway, what I had said was that I ran into the same tileset problem as you had. Assuming you're hacking FireRed, don't overwrite these tiles or any like them (these ones, for example, are animated, and the game doesn't like you overwriting animated tiles; it will act as if the animated tiles are still there when you go in game):

Quick Questions & Answers

Hopefully that can help.

Yes, this was the answer to my problem. Thank you very much, Dog Police.
    I've added a few buildings to the map that I'm editing, but now I seem to have run out of room on my palette. Is there a way to add new buildings to a palette without covering up your old ones?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Spoiler:

No im not, and both quides that work for many others and i have gotten farther than i currently am stuck at, say to use paint, Im on win 8, my thing isnt that it doesnt work, its why all the sudden its stopping me from getting to the step i have been previously able to get to, but all the sudden cant by following the same EXACT steps, to the dot that got me further before.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    No im not, and both quides that work for many others and i have gotten farther than i currently am stuck at, say to use paint, Im on win 8, my thing isnt that it doesnt work, its why all the sudden its stopping me from getting to the step i have been previously able to get to, but all the sudden cant by following the same EXACT steps, to the dot that got me further before.

Instead of using the Windows 8 version of MS Paint, try using Windows XP's version of MS Paint.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
  • Hi thanks for helping! This is my script:
    Spoiler:

Ive also noticed that the lock and faceplayer commands stops working after I receive the pokemon.
    Quick question is it best to create and insert new maps rather than edit old ones?
    Also this is the script for player name \v\h01. what is it for rival name? Is there list of these I can get from somewhere or is it just these 2?
    Here are some screenshots.

For the Rival's name it's \v\h06. Your best bet would probably be to check diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276.
    Your script looks fine, but just make sure you add another lock/faceplayer under #org 0x80106C. Also, change the first message's type under there to MSG_KEEPOPEN and add closeonkeypress after waitfanfare to make it a bit more like the official games. Not necessary, but a nice little addition if you wanted.
    Also, it's best just to edit pre-existing maps rather than insert new ones.

As for the player sprite glitch, I'm not sure. That seems like an Advance Map error, which I don't know much about, unfortunately. Sorry about that :/

Yes, this was the answer to my problem. Thank you very much, Dog Police.
    I've added a few buildings to the map that I'm editing, but now I seem to have run out of room on my palette. Is there a way to add new buildings to a palette without covering up your old ones?

Great to hear! Do you mean you've run out of space to use palettes, or you've run out of space on the tileset? If the latter is the case, there's not much you can do about that. Just rearrange some of the tiles on there or use another tileset as far as I know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    The latter was the case. I'll try and rearrange the tiles, though most of them are pretty big. Thank you for the information.

Last edited:

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
  • I have a question of my own. Whenever I set a person event's movement type to "Hidden," it always resets my game to the title screen whenever I enter the map. Is there a way to fix this, or at least another way to make the sprite invisible?

Years
  • As for the player sprite glitch, I'm not sure. That seems like an Advance Map error, which I don't know much about, unfortunately. Sorry about that :/

Thanks for your help bud.
    This is getting too confusing. From what I can see the scripts are fine but I can keep getting lots of bugs. I think it may be AdvanceMap. I'm using version 1.92. I read somewhere that 1.95 had more bugs but I might have to give that a go. If anyone has a link to a decent version of AdvanceMap that would be great.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have a question of my own. Whenever I set a person event's movement type to "Hidden," it always resets my game to the title screen whenever I enter the map. Is there a way to fix this, or at least another way to make the sprite invisible?

Quick Questions & Answers

Use the 'Hidden' above the 'Look Up and Down'. Also, make sure none of your NPCs are using the 'Look Down' above the 'Hidden'.

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
    Years
  • No im not, and both quides that work for many others and i have gotten farther than i currently am stuck at, say to use paint, Im on win 8, my thing isnt that it doesnt work, its why all the sudden its stopping me from getting to the step i have been previously able to get to, but all the sudden cant by following the same EXACT steps, to the dot that got me further before.

From what i know , Only Paint XP supports Indexed paint (Means that when you edit your indexed image in paint XP and save it it wont mess up the image it will still be indexed ,but in win 7 paint and win 8 paint after you edit an indexed image and save it it will be 256 colour unindexed image again )

Years
  • First of all, I must say that my English is very bad, because I am Spanish. If you do not understand some of the text let me know.

I work in Fire Red

I managed to change the in-game overworld warps change. And part of my hack, what happens there is that I can control a Riolu, but of course, as you will understand will be very unhygienic you can open the menu to control a Pokemon also that if the game is saved, closed the game reopens, taking a warp this is updated.

So I need some method to that while I am controlling Riolu not be able to open the menu. Because otherwise the game will be very bugueado.

Thank you very much for reading ñ.ñ

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    Does anyone know the command you give to make it so that someone needs a badge to get past a roadblock? In other words, what command stands for the badges in Fire Red?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Does anyone know the command you give to make it so that someone needs a badge to get past a roadblock? In other words, what command stands for the badges in Fire Red?

Whether a specific badge has been obtained or not is simply determined by a flag. To be more specific flags 0x820 through 0x827 mark badges 1 through 8. If you wanted to make a script that requires the third badge, you would simply need to use 'checkflag 0x822' in your script.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • Does anyone know the offsets in Fire Red for the routine that handles fainting from Poison damage IN BATTLE?

I'm having an odd glitch where when my Pokemon faints from Poison damage, the game crashes.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
  • Quick question (hopefully):
    How do you use "compare PLAYERFACING" (or whatever the hex for the var is)? Like, say I wanted the player to face towards the same direction even if they would need to turn different ways, but I didn't want to write a separate script for each direction. Would that be the correct var to use for this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    Whether a specific badge has been obtained or not is simply determined by a flag. To be more specific flags 0x820 through 0x827 mark badges 1 through 8. If you wanted to make a script that requires the third badge, you would simply need to use 'checkflag 0x822' in your script.

Just to be clear, if I put in these flags the script will require them? The scripting tutorial by diegoisawesome says that these scripts "activate" the badges, which I had thought meant giving the badge to you.

The tutorial also saids that 0x82F "activates" the running shoes. Does this mean that I can make a script where something requires the running shoes to progress?

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
  • Just to be clear, if I put in these flags the script will require them? The scripting tutorial by diegoisawesome says that these scripts "activate" the badges, which I had thought meant giving the badge to you.

The tutorial also saids that 0x82F "activates" the running shoes. Does this mean that I can make a script where something requires the running shoes to progress?

Yes, you can make a script that requires the Running Shoes to progress.

It only activates them if you do setflag 0x82X. If you do checkflag 0x82X it will check to see if that flag was already activated by setflag.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2015
    Hi, new here. I don't know if someone has requested this before. But can anyone hack Omega Ruby? I just need a simple hack like I can catch all Pokemons and make Pokemons (that can't evolve like normal) evolve (no trading, beauty contest, etc). Basically, that's it. I used to hack old versions of the game like Crystal, Emerald, etc with an editor. I want to catch new Pokemons though. Thanks.

(It might be impossible, but if you can add other maps as well and include all former gym leaders and league elites and champions, it would be really nice. Thanks! )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back