• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
  • Hey everybody! I figured out that there is some poeple that added a new feature in their hacks : Receive exp when catching a pokemon.
    And....I want to have the same thing on my hack, so....does someone have a link to patch or tutorial on how to do that please ? I can't find it...
    Thank you in advance

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Hi, I have an issue where after beating the elite four the player isn't warped to where I sethealing place in the champion room level script. It goes to the default players bedroom.

Is there another place the sethealingplace is made or is it built into the credits special?

If you're talking about FireRed, then it's built into the special. There is a table at 083EEBF0. The entry that the credits special uses is at 083EEBF8. It seems to be BYTE map bank, BYTE map, HWORD x, HWORD y.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    If you're talking about FireRed, then it's built into the special. There is a table at 083EEBF0. The entry that the credits special uses is at 083EEBF8. It seems to be BYTE map bank, BYTE map, HWORD x, HWORD y.

Thanks, sorry but I forgot to mention it's for Emerald.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey everybody! I figured out that there is some poeple that added a new feature in their hacks : Receive exp when catching a pokemon.
    And....I want to have the same thing on my hack, so....does someone have a link to patch or tutorial on how to do that please ? I can't find it...
    Thank you in advance

Hi Ayonn! XP on capture is actually in our Quick Research and Development thread. HERE is for Firered and HERE is for Emerald.
    Happy Hacking.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    How can I change the number of starter pokemon or make the player start with pokemon already in the party (like colosseum)?

Put a level script in the player's house which gives them a Pokemon and sets the flag for the Pokemon menu.

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • Put a level script in the player's house which gives them a Pokemon and sets the flag for the Pokemon menu.

So I take it that will make it to where they spawn in with a pokemon already in their party?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I start so I can work on more than a little bit at a time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    So I take it that will make it to where they spawn in with a pokemon already in their party?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I start so I can work on more than a little bit at a time.

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    setvar 0xDDDD 0x1
    givepokemon 0xA 0xB 0xC 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x828
    release
    end
    A = Pokemon ID in hex
    B = Pokemon level in hex
    C = Item ID in hex
    D = free var

Fill in the letters then compile and put it in the player's room as a level script.

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    setvar 0xDDDD 0x1
    givepokemon 0xA 0xB 0xC 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x828
    release
    end
    A = Pokemon ID in hex
    B = Pokemon level in hex
    C = Item ID in hex
    D = free var

Fill in the letters then compile and put it in the player's room as a level script.

OK so with that would I be able to grant multiple Pokémon by using multiple of the give Pokémon command?

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Would it be possible to create new behavior bytes that do stuff when you step on them, and not when you interact with them? Everything I've found is for interacting with the tile (e.g. headbutt trees).

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • What exactly is a Level Script?
    To explain it better. It's a script which gets executed when the player enters a map. The different types of level scripts basically determine when they're going to be executed (e.g. The game will crash if you do anything event related in a script which isn't type 2 or 4.). There's tutorials here on how to make level scripts.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Question: Is there a level script that activates after each wild battle?

Years
  • Is it known where the values for the default options are? As in, would it be possible to change the default text speed to Fast instead of Medium for a new game?

Cybernova

An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
    Years
  • I have a problem with scripting thru A-Map 1.92. After I compile my script, I place it on a spot in the map, where the player is supposed to walk over, to trigger an event. When I step on this spot while testing, the game freezes. This happens every single time. Why does this happen, or what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • To explain it better. It's a script which gets executed when the player enters a map. The different types of level scripts basically determine when they're going to be executed (e.g. The game will crash if you do anything event related in a script which isn't type 2 or 4.). There's tutorials here on how to make level scripts.

Thank you

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back