• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2017
    1) Yes, use play time, or install a RTC.
    2) Nope, atleast not entirely.
    3) Yes.

Although you asked a bunch of yes/no questions, I'm sure you're more interested in the how-to of it all.

For the daily events, you need to have an RTC patched into your FR game. There are a few patches available on PC which do this. Alternatively you can use the play time, which is slightly harder to use if you're unfamiliar with ASM. I did make something about executing timed scripts in the ASM resource thread iirc, maybe look into using that.

That's what I thought I might have to do. I think I'll skip this idea for now until I get a little more experience. Thanks. =)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Is there any guides for changing stuff in PokeCrystal? I'd like to know how to change pictures but I can only find 2bpp and lz files.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    So I've learned recently that changing your rival's overworld doesn't change the overworld that is displayed when naming him. Where can I find those?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So I've learned recently that changing your rival's overworld doesn't change the overworld that is displayed when naming him. Where can I find those?

In NSE 2, there's a bookmark for the Rival OW in FR.
    Image: 0x3E1980
    Palette: 0xE98004

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    In NSE 2, there's a bookmark for the Rival OW in FR.
    Image: 0x3E1980
    Palette: 0xE98004
    Thank you for your help!

Also, when I insert a new sprite for the rival in the intro, it shows up fine at first, but once I choose to enter a new name and confirm it, the skin becomes a blue/red color. Anyone know why this happens, and what I can do to fix it?

Years
  • Hello all. How are you? I'm interested in making a emerald hack. I have the pokemon essentials, Xse, A map, A intro, A starters. I have a idea of what I'd like to do. Even though I'm learning on the go so to speak. What I'm looking for is a "command list" type of thing. So that when I'm in xse I have something to look at. Thank you. :)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Hello all. How are you? I'm interested in making a emerald hack. I have the pokemon essentials, Xse, A map, A intro, A starters. I have a idea of what I'd like to do. Even though I'm learning on the go so to speak. What I'm looking for is a "command list" type of thing. So that when I'm in xse I have something to look at. Thank you. :)

Press F1. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Newb rom hacker here,had a couple of questions

(1) I just wanted to know how Charizard's Insomnia ability works in game.

(2) Can it be edited by Gen 3 Hacking Suite?

(3) Is it a script in the Battle Engine

~feel free to move this question if it is in the wrong thread~

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Anybody knows the number for the move Encore(sounds like clapping, then applause) for the XSE sound command for FireRed?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A random question...

Is it possible to make certain Pokémon levitate without actually having the ability? It always seemed weird to me that things like Magnemite can be hit by Earthquake...but I don't want to give it Levitate.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    Hi,

Does someone know the offset of the routine which generates an OAM (with given image and palette offsets) ?

Thanks !

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Is there anything on how to remove the 510 cap for evs for all stats? I was thinking it would be cool to bring the evs back to how gen 1 and 2 worked.

P.S. For firered pls.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    I believe it can be done by G3T.

I looked basically everywhere for G3T and I could find nothing about it. Maybe you thought of the wrong tool?

[EDIT] Is there a thread or post to be able to change the location that the map header uses for Pokemon location? I.E. I changed the unused Route 4 header to Starter Cave. (It's a location that has all the starters in it.) The starters' locations when I check their Pokedex page, show that they are in Route 4, but the location of the cave is Route 22, so I would like to change that to be Route 22.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I looked basically everywhere for G3T and I could find nothing about it. Maybe you thought of the wrong tool?

[EDIT] Is there a thread or post to be able to change the location that the map header uses for Pokemon location? I.E. I changed the unused Route 4 header to Starter Cave. (It's a location that has all the starters in it.) The starters' locations when I check their Pokedex page, show that they are in Route 4, but the location of the cave is Route 22, so I would like to change that to be Route 22.

So, I may have misunderstood, but are you asking for how to edit the red catch areas in the pokedex?
    There's this tutorial if that's the case.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • So I think expanding the pokedex has shrekt compatibility with the trade editors (most notably, trader advanced and PGE's built in trade editor) so now it says "Runtime Error 63" (Trader Advanced) and "Selected Index not found" (PGE).

I'm pretty sure it's just a pointer I have to change or something, but I can't seem to find it in PGE's ini.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • So I think expanding the pokedex has shrekt compatibility with the trade editors (most notably, trader advanced and PGE's built in trade editor) so now it says "Runtime Error 63" (Trader Advanced) and "Selected Index not found" (PGE).

I'm pretty sure it's just a pointer I have to change or something, but I can't seem to find it in PGE's ini.
    Just do it on a clean ROM and then edit the same address in a clean ROM <3
    If this doesn't work, then expanding shreks the trades overall...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back