• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    hi!
    you can use this, which i personally recommend because it allows for a bunch of easier stuff later on in the hack, i.e. full sixteen color bgs for every bg
    and idk if neti's tut covers this, but it's here nonetheless

Whoops! I see what happened. It turns out that Mt. Moon (and I must assume the other "landmark" locations like the Power Plant and Safari Zone) does not have coordinates set by default. Setting Mt. Moon's to x=9 and y=3 got it where I needed it. Easy fix, thanks for the links!

Years
  • I just noticed that there are two patches for FireRed that add the 721 Pokémon to the game (artificial red and the another is from some guy called kristianangel89) Thing is, Which is better or more convenient for using? if anyone has tried the two patches could please give me some advice on this? thanks!

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • I just noticed that there are two patches for FireRed that add the 721 Pokémon to the game (artificial red and the another is from some guy called kristianangel89) Thing is, Which is better or more convenient for using? if anyone has tried the two patches could please give me some advice on this? thanks!
    last time i checked, kristianangel89's had a few issues
    Spoiler:

pokefreak890's seems to be a lot more complete (1020/1460 rombase). people reporting errors currently aren't actually errors and simply either a.) mistakes on their parts or b.) mistakes on their parts (yes, i said that twice)

and then epsilon's
    i seem to remember it having a few gamebreaking bugs back in ye olde days
    but apparently not anymore, although ironing those out must have been a chore
    it still has a few things (like terminating bytes for movesets not working correctly), but people are working to fix it

of the two 721 patches, artificial red is the way to go.
    but i'd suggest looking at the 1020 :)
    i didn't look into each too extensively, but these are just what i've heard and seen from going through the thread :)

Years
  • I added a bunch of new tiles, music, and progressive scripts to my hack, quite a bit of work off an on when I have time. To view all the progress in game I was loading saved states until I did a trial run from the beginning and after I got through naming my character in the oak intro instead of loading me to a map I just get a black screen. Anyone know any hex code or pointers that I can use to reverse this problem? Also my back-sprite on my main character has also become a pixel-ed box probably due to my carelessness if there's any way to also revert this back to default can you please let me know? I'm using a Fire Red 32mb rom (I extended it) and JPAN's hacked rom version. Any suggestions from the pro's are welcome, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Is there a way to have a custom overworld sprite / battle sprite to have more than 16 colors or is it restricted to just 16?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2016
    Hey guys, apologies if this has been asked before. I did a quick search and didn't find anything on here or on Google.

Is there a tool I can use to transfer Pokemon from a Fire Red rom to an Emerald rom? Basically something to mass trade/transfer Pokemon without having to trade each individual one.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Hey guys, apologies if this has been asked before. I did a quick search and didn't find anything on here or on Google.

Is there a tool I can use to transfer Pokemon from a Fire Red rom to an Emerald rom? Basically something to mass trade/transfer Pokemon without having to trade each individual one.
    save file to save file or rom to rom?
    save file to save file - cheat codes, the like. hex editing, if you know what to look for
    rom to rom - yes

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2016
    save file to save file or rom to rom?
    save file to save file - cheat codes, the like. hex editing, if you know what to look for
    rom to rom - yes

So yes, I'd like to move Pokemon from my Fire Red rom's save file to a fresh Emerald rom save file without trading. What tool would I need to use to do so? I don't have any experience really with hex editing and was hoping there would be a Windows program of some sort to make the process easier.

NSK

Aka NightosphereKing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    What's the easiest way to change enemy trainer details when working with an expanded pokedex?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2023
    Hey guys,

Quick question: We already managed to get wireless trading and battling to work on the custom VC Crystal on 3DS. Now I have a problem with porting it to Gold/Silver.

In the Gold/Silver disassembly, there are some files missing that I need to port it.
    These .asm files are: mobile_40.asm, link.asm and core.asm.

Is there anywhere on the internet with another disassembly from Pokémon Gold/Silver with these missing files? Or can anyone help me to find it, it's very important.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    Hello, I did some rom hacking of Fire red back in 2012, but did got some interest back to rom hacking. But After browsing around here for a while I already saw a lot of things changed. What is the best things to use right now and what not? I was alway's using A-map and de hack mew tools back then but I don't know what to use anymore :| And there are a lot of romebases now :O

Years
  • I am not finding anything about Platinum, it seems like everything is geared towards the Gameboy Advanced games. Am I missing something obvious or should I just go to Emerald? DPP where my first Pokémon games so I would like to mess with those if I could.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I extended my Overworld and Palette tables, and am having trouble getting certain things to display properly. The Overworlds cut off the bottom half, and they mess up the hero palette when on screen. It's an expanded Palette, so it's not overlapping with anything, as is the Overworld.
    Quick Questions & Answers

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    Are there any guides on Gen IV hacking? I saw that Light Platinum NDS has Unova and Kalos Pokemon and it blew my mind seeing them in there and I wanted to try adding the newer Pokemon into Platinum or HGSS and probably make a rombase out of that. I know that there are very little tools out there for Gen IV but I still want to give it a try.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Hello, I did some rom hacking of Fire red back in 2012, but did got some interest back to rom hacking. But After browsing around here for a while I already saw a lot of things changed. What is the best things to use right now and what not? I was alway's using A-map and de hack mew tools back then but I don't know what to use anymore :| And there are a lot of romebases now :O

Advance Map is still often used. Really anything could be useful depending on what you want to do.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    I'm going to do a double Nuzlocke challenge starting with Fire Red, and I'd like to change the final boss' team in Soul Silver to match my Fire Red winning team. Does anyone know how to do this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back