• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zervais

Island Kahuna
Years
  • I want to edit the introduction in Firered to automatically choose a male player (don't want the option of a female, just a name) and also remove the rival naming part.

I think this is done by ASM but can someone point me in the right direction? I'm new to ASM too so a tutorial would be helpful.

jToTheAvacola

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    I want to edit the introduction in Firered to automatically choose a male player (don't want the option of a female, just a name) and also remove the rival naming part.

I think this is done by ASM but can someone point me in the right direction? I'm new to ASM too so a tutorial would be helpful.

Skipping gender selection: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8402720&postcount=1

Skipping rival naming: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7508563&postcount=292

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Mostly just asking this out of curiosity, but let's say you think FR is cooler. How much work / how hard is it to copy/remake the Hoenn region to FireRed? (I'm just talking about the region maps themselves, not the entire game.)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Mostly just asking this out of curiosity, but let's say you think FR is cooler. How much work / how hard is it to copy/remake the Hoenn region to FireRed? (I'm just talking about the region maps themselves, not the entire game.)

Depends how easy you find mapping, and if you wish to move the tiles across as well or just create a FR-style Hoenn.

Ofc it would just be easier to use a Hoenn based ROM instead! ;D

(when did you get here??)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Depends how easy you find mapping, and if you wish to move the tiles across as well or just create a FR-style Hoenn.

Ofc it would just be easier to use a Hoenn based ROM instead! ;D

(when did you get here??)

So then there is no lazy way of copy-pasting the maps and tilesets out of say Emerald and load them into FireRed? Ok, good to know. Thanks!

(Just now. :p
    Or if you count lurking... the moment I made my account.)

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • So then there is no lazy way of copy-pasting the maps and tilesets out of say Emerald and load them into FireRed? Ok, good to know. Thanks!

(Just now. :p
    Or if you count lurking... the moment I made my account.)
    don't let mana lie to you
    if all you want is the tiles and such (no scripts), this is extremely easy
    a.) [click]. this should solve any problems with importing blocks (except with advancemap .ini itself), i've never done it before so i actually have no idea how it works
    b.) i don't know if this solves tilemap issues. you can just reformat them to FR anyways, it's really easy
    c.) you should then be able to just import the maps after everything else is inserted correctly

Years
  • Does someone by any chance have a working link of Le pug's Decap Emerald Base? I am unable to download it from the official thread (here).

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2022
    Does anyone know where to find the COMPLETE song table of Liquid Crystal. Whenever I open Sappy I can't find the Team Rocket Theme, Orange Islands Battle theme etc.

MKM

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    Hello,i have read several ASM "guides" but still i can't get the grip on it.In HackMew's guide i did exactly what he said (copied a code to a location with a hex editor) and it totally glitched out my game,the graphics on the Advance Map screen are weird and the game will show a black screen with no sound after the Gengar vs Nidoran sequence,what happened?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Hello,i have read several ASM "guides" but still i can't get the grip on it.In HackMew's guide i did exactly what he said (copied a code to a location with a hex editor) and it totally glitched out my game,the graphics on the Advance Map screen are weird and the game will show a black screen with no sound after the Gengar vs Nidoran sequence,what happened?
    did you +1 in reference to it? did you reference it?
    what is the routine supposed to do?
    did you paste or paste-write? in HxD, ctrl+v or ctrl+b?

MKM

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    It's the routine about the Secret ID,nevertheless,after using CTRL+B instead of V and referencing it in my script,adding +1 in the end i managed to get it work right.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I've been trying to expand the max level in FireRed. I have changed all the pointers for the level check, and I've expanded the exp curve table to accommodate 200 levels. The problem is that the game still assumes the exp curve table is the same size. So where I have placed the Medium-Fast growth curve's level 101 exp requirement, the game still looks at that location as where to find level 0 for Erratic. The result is Pokemon having incorrect exp requirements across the board.
    I am having no luck trying to find the offset to repoint these things, or anywhere in the ROM that reads how long it is expecting the exp curve table to be.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Hi, I'm a super noob. I haven't even started hacking, but that's because I have no computer. So, my question is, are there any tools for hacking solely on mobile?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hi, I'm a super noob. I haven't even started hacking, but that's because I have no computer. So, my question is, are there any tools for hacking solely on mobile?

The short answer is no. Mobile just isn't a very good platform for technical work like hacking requires.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Does anyone know of any tools that allow for easy editing of tilesets?
    well
    use advancemap to export
    use something like mspaint to edit
    use something like [this] to convert advancemap palettes to irfanview palettes
    use something like irfanview to reindex
    use advancemap to import

NOTE: if you use solely the original colors and nothing else, then you shouldn't have to worry about the palette converter or having to reindex

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    Hello guys!
    I'm making my first HACK ROM of Pokemon FireRed, and I'm having trouble with some things, anyone with experience on Rom Hacking could help?

These are my doubts:

1- I Added the Fairy-Type. Now, how can I add fairy type moves?

2- My Rom has only fakemon. I replaced caterpie with another bug-type, but it can only learn 2 moves! This is anoying, is there any way to change the number of moves a pokémon can learn?

4- How can I change the sprite of a badge?

3- This is not SO important for my ROM, but anyone knows if there is a way to have 4 starters in the game and not only 3?

For now, that's all.. If anyone knows how to solve any of these, please help :)

Thanks in advance!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back