• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen R/B/Y: Elite Four Members

Years
  • R/B/Y: Elite Four Members
    R/B/Y: Elite Four Members

The Kanto region Elite Four is one of my favorites. So in Red, Blue and Yellow versions, which of the elite four members did you have the hardest time with? Easiest time?

Agatha was a pain for me, as well as Blue, but the others I flew through.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Lance and his army of Hyper Beam slaves was easily the hardest time I've probably ever had with an E4 member. Having said that, when I fought him for the first time, I was 8-years-old; I'd like to think I've improved as a battler with time! :P In any case, I found the others relatively straightforward, but Lance has always been a tricky dicky, that one!

ミズゴロウ

nations
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    I absolutely HATED Kanna's team of ice-types. I would get ice beamed to death even when using Pocket Monsters resistant to it! Usually I just grind in Victory Road till 3 Pocket Monsters are 10 levels higher, then I defeat Kanna and continue through the E4 with no issues.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's been a long time since I made it that far in RBY. I think I had the most difficulty with Lance. Most of those movesets they have are terrible though. But oh well. Gary was a pain in the ass too...but I managed somehow.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Lance for sure. Even if I had a Pokemon with Ice Beam, he'd eventually wear it down by sacrificing his Dragonairs. Then his Dragonite would start being annoying.

Pieman50

Pokemon Maniac
    Years
  • Agatha.

I had 2 half-ice types and a fighting type on me, so I didn't have too much trouble with Lance or Bruno.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Always had trouble with Agatha, and I can remember Lorelei being a pain for me as well lol. Loved her though!

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I had trouble to beat Lorelei, Lance and Blue. The last time I beat them I was pretty young, so they seems even more tough for me !
    And the weakest was Aldo, I had no problem with him.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Like Mr CatDog said, Lance with his Hyper Beam slaves could be really annoying at times, especially seeing if that he defeated you Pokémon with it, he didn't have to recharge. Bruno is almost always the easiest for me as I generally raise specially based teams, which absolutely dominate his team.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The two women of the group, Loreli & Agatha, just something that gave them the edge over the others.. maybe because Bruno was easy idk ;;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Lance was hard if you let him get in a Hyper Beam. Lorelei's Lapras was just a pain to take down, and would usually have you eating a few strong attacks in the meantime.

Bruno has been, and will always be the easiest of the lot to take down.

Back