• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl?

What will you do with D/P?

• I'll use D/P to only train and send Pokemon to Platinum

Votes: 59 59.6%
  • I'll play D/P most likely

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • I'm not even getting Platinum, so I'm still playing D/P

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
Years
  • I gave my Pearl to my sister, but I'll keep playing my Diamond and probably use it to train pokemon and use it for extra storage.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • I'll do what I did with my Emerald&Sapphire- I have loads of good pokemon on Sapphire, then I get emerald, and play ont hat,. Then, when I've gotten to the tend and want to start a new game, I catch loads of rubbish pokemons on my Sapphire, then trade them for all the good ones I don't ant to lose on my Emerald, so I can start a new game!^^ I ended up having, like 5 Rayquazas and 6 Kyogres, but only about 2 Groudons

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    at the moment in time i don't even plan on getting platinum
    so yeah D/P for me.. even if i do, Pearl would be the "100% complete" game, if you will and when i actually do so!

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • I probably won't even get the English Version of Platinum, as I already have gotten the national dex in the japanese version.

I still play Diamond and will probably use it for trading and getting Pokes not available in Platinum. I switch between the two equally and see no point in trying to complete the game again.

Arctus Tibal

Beyond - Freedom
    Years
  • I'm just going to spend about 4 hours of my life transfering everything to platinum because im cool like that :P besides. I like platinum sprites and differant clothes :P

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Im not gonna be getting PLatinum for a while, but I am gonna do that, only in moderation. Im not gonna be like "MOM! I got Platinum, taking all my PKMN to Platinum this instint. Its gonna take me 5 hours, so forget about dinner" No, I'm not like that (THough that is the situation of it is true. xD I gotta lot of PKMN) I wont play my Pearl as much, but I'll still be using it, espesially when I'm really bored and battle myself. xD

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I'm not planning on getting Platinum, so I'll be sticking with Pearl.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    If I were to get platinum then I would transfer my good pokes to platinum and whatnot but seen as I probably won't be getting it in a while I'll stick with Diamond.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Well, even if I get platinum i'm still going to be playing diamond every once in a while to train my other pokemon. So I will still be playing diamond but not as much.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Well I'm not going to just abandon by games. I'm going to still use the games an play through them even when I get Platinum.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I'll transfer all my stuff from Diamond to Platinum.
    Then I'll use my Diamond/Pearl carts for challenges.
    So they won't be used any less.

Years
  • I will probably use Platinum 99% of the time, but it will mostly be my shiny storage once I beat it. I may still play some Diamond and Pearl, but I'm not entirely sure.

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
  • Ill probaly just send most of my pokemon to platinum but im gonna reset and play diamond again though iv hade it since its come out lol, well same with pokemon crystal xD

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • I'll keep playing Diamond once I get Platinum. Pearl is going to be my breeding/training ground though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back